What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Looks great, wish I would find the time to take my exhaust off and go to work on it...
Talk to a local polishing shop. It might not be as expensive as you think. I get under mine when I think about it to keep it clean. I usually give it a good cleaning before a show.

SVTCam

Established Member
Talk to a local polishing shop. It might not be as expensive as you think. I get under mine when I think about it to keep it clean. I usually give it a good cleaning before a show.

I have no problem doing the work, the whole part of finding a lift to take the exhaust off, store the car & put back on is my issue. I don't want to have it on jackstands and be on my back in the garage putting it back on. The catback isn't in bad shape either, I think it would clean up pretty quickly.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have no problem doing the work, the whole part of finding a lift to take the exhaust off, store the car & put back on is my issue. I don't want to have it on jackstands and be on my back in the garage putting it back on. The catback isn't in bad shape either, I think it would clean up pretty quickly.
I had swapped cat backs due to a ticket so I took advantage. The rest just makes you sound old.;) But I understand. If I had a lift I'd use it a lot.

@MissV8der, you need to work on that tailpipe alignment. :)

KBR

Established Member
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG

MissV8der

Established Member
@MissV8der, you need to work on that tailpipe alignment. :)

Lol...Yeah it kinda bothers me that the left side is a little lower (looking at it from the back). It's been like that since I put it on. It was a P.I.T.A putting it on by myself and I struggled with the hangers, and tbh I'm not even sure how to make it line up better. I've tried to get under it and see if I could line it up a little better, but it really doesn't budge. So, I've kind of accepted that it's asymmetrical; kinda like me o_O

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Lol...Yeah it kinda bothers me that the left side is a little lower (looking at it from the back). It's been like that since I put it on. It was a P.I.T.A putting it on by myself and I struggled with the hangers, and tbh I'm not even sure how to make it line up better. I've tried to get under it and see if I could line it up a little better, but it really doesn't budge. So, I've kind of accepted that it's asymmetrical; kinda like me o_O

Strange, my left pipe hangs lower, too. I just ordered new hangar insulators...hoping that helps. What exhaust system is that?

01yellercobra

Established Member

If it's a Borla you have to twist it at the joint right in front of the diff. I used a piece of 2x4 on a jack to put the pipes where I wanted them. Then I twisted the joint to get everything to stay. It took a couple tries, but it works out in the end.

MissV8der

Established Member
Strange, my left pipe hangs lower, too. I just ordered new hangar insulators...hoping that helps. What exhaust system is that?

Bassani 3" ...Let me know if it works, I might have to do the same if it does.

If it's a Borla you have to twist it at the joint right in front of the diff. I used a piece of 2x4 on a jack to put the pipes where I wanted them. Then I twisted the joint to get everything to stay. It took a couple tries, but it works out in the end.

Nah, Bassani...but I might try to twist it a little where it goes in at the mufflers since it's bolted up to the mufflers separately. I never thought about that and it seems like the common sense thing to try :confused:

01yellercobra

Established Member
This makes me kind of glad I didn't go with Bassani recently. The off center pipes would kill my OCD. I went through that enough with my old Mac system.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I love the sound of the bassani 3”, especially with my kooks long tubes and 3” xpipe. I had to dump them at the muffler because of my ARB.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My Bassani sounds awesome with ARH headers and o/r x pipe. I have those ceramic coated. I may one day do that with the Bassani catback. Less maintenance than polishing, though it won't shine as nice.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread