What’s Next? ZR1

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Id be lying if I said the circus talk didnt make me lol

Not sure im reading this right.... The corvette will be double the price of the GT500? well sure if we are talking about a 2007 gt500

IIRC the 2020 GT500 has a starting price of 70K or something.

The previous Gen ZR1 started at 120K. I doubt the new one will be the same price. That is already over 1.5 times the price, nearing double. This exclludes ADM's, of course.

I did say "it will be nearly double the price of the new GT500 or very close to that"

I wasn't wrong.

$50,000 must be chump change, though.

blk02edge

Established Member
IIRC the 2020 GT500 has a starting price of 70K or something.

The previous Gen ZR1 started at 120K. I doubt the new one will be the same price. That is already over 1.5 times the price, nearing double. This exclludes ADM's, of course.

I did say "it will be nearly double the price of the new GT500 or very close to that"

I wasn't wrong.

$50,000 must be chump change, though.
Ohhh the ZR1, my brain was saying Z51. Yea the 500 starts at 74k but the loaded carbon track pack is 100k plus which would make more sense to compare to.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
My bet is that the next ZO6 and ZR1 are absolute world-beaters at a ridiculously low price point compared to its competition... Even in rear wheel drive configuration the last generation of those two cars are incredible. Hats off to GM with what they've done with the C7 and now the C8. Ford Fanboy or not those cars are sick.... If you can't admit that you're not a car guy.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think the Z06 and ZR1 will use more exotic parts and will cost more than we think. I can see the Z06 variant closer to $150K and the ZR1 pushing closer to $200K. Even at that price point, I'm sure they'll be king of the hill.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the Z06 and ZR1 will use more exotic parts and will cost more than we think. I can see the Z06 variant closer to $150K and the ZR1 pushing closer to $200K. Even at that price point, I'm sure they'll be king of the hill.

I highly doubt it. Not even close. Price point is likely to follow the same pattern, 5-10k additional to current models.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You will see crying and misery here on a scale never before seen....You only thought the Hellcat and Demon rustled some jimmies....I will call this event the Great Rustling!

If GM were to throw AWD into the mix, they would render any other attainable performance car, irrelevant.

It would be bonkers!

blk02edge

Established Member
Looking at the arctecture up front I would seriously doubt we'll see awd. They couldnt even fit a 3rd pedal for a clutch. Maybe if the front are driven by electric motors.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think costs will go up for sure. This will be harder to work on than a front engine car.
Also going to DOHC? Going to cost more.
Before the ZR1, the c7z loaded was going up to $120k. I can definitely see a c8 Z06 going to $150k.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Looking at the arctecture up front I would seriously doubt we'll see awd. They couldnt even fit a 3rd pedal for a clutch. Maybe if the front are driven by electric motors.

Rumor has it (yes, another rumor), they are planning a hybrid version, which will place two small electric motors up front to improve acceleration.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I think costs will go up for sure. This will be harder to work on than a front engine car.
Also going to DOHC? Going to cost more.
Before the ZR1, the c7z loaded was going up to $120k. I can definitely see a c8 Z06 going to $150k.

I agree! If they keep with the trend of the old car I can see a 1LZ starting around 95G's. Still not bad for the car you're going to get. The base C8 interior seems to be high quality already. A Z07 package and all other options will push the car into the 140s and up, easily. If they build a ton of them like with the C7 Z's, they'll be on every lot with 15-20K off sticker in no time. Fingers crossed...hahaha!

My car was 107k sticker in 2015, was a two roof car w/ every option minus the competition seats. I see the average dealer spec'd C-8 Z06 stickering around 110k.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
And it'll be a steal at that price.

I agree! If they keep with the trend of the old car I can see a 1LZ starting around 95G's. Still not bad for the car you're going to get. The base C8 interior seems to be high quality already. A Z07 package and all other options will push the car into the 140s and up, easily. If they build a ton of them like with the C7 Z's, they'll be on every lot with 15-20K off sticker in no time. Fingers crossed...hahaha!

My car was 107k sticker in 2015, was a two roof car w/ every option minus the competition seats. I see the average dealer spec'd C-8 Z06 stickering around 110k.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
how do you figure?
Only engine for Raptor is 3.5TT
Announced the end of car production
GT500 has taken 6 years to launch
GT500 launch has been a fiasco
GT500 is ugly
GT500 did not raise the bar
Mustang Bullitt is overpriced and gimmicky
No New Boss
No New Mach 1
Dealers continue to play ADM games

Ford GT - V6TT only
Ford GT - artificially limited
New FGT - Need Social Status Approval to buy

Ford basically thinks it's BMW or Porsche.

Meanwhile Dodge, with a shoe string budget, has been turning out cool hype cars and doing everything they can to waterfall those features and innovates to the pleabs buying the lower tiered cars.

Why can't Ford drop a Mach 1? Hood scoop, unique axel, diff combo, 10spd only, drag radials on Mach style wheels and a few Performance mods - a clone of what Dodge did on the 1320.

Why no Boss? Shove the 5.2 into a normal body GT with PP, MT82 and rear seat delete.

Mustang SVO with 3.5TT?

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
oh, so like, nothing substantial. nobody wants cars anymore. its all SUV's and trucks. that move is smart.
engine choices? the ecobeasts are killer. affordability? I drove a rental 2.3 base model for a couple days a while back and that thing was amazing. and it was an auto. low mid 20's for 300+ hp and the thing can handle?

nah bro. dodge makes exciting shitty cars. chevy is constantly trying to keep up with ford.
ford has always been for the best bang for the buck but is it really their fault that their new lineup of kick ass cars has engines with more boost than cylinders?

that said, i'm sure the new vette will continue to raise the bar as they always have. I bet the used mid engine supercar market takes a hit from this one.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Only engine for Raptor is 3.5TT
Announced the end of car production
GT500 has taken 6 years to launch
GT500 launch has been a fiasco
GT500 is ugly
GT500 did not raise the bar
Mustang Bullitt is overpriced and gimmicky
No New Boss
No New Mach 1
Dealers continue to play ADM games

Ford GT - V6TT only
Ford GT - artificially limited
New FGT - Need Social Status Approval to buy

Ford basically thinks it's BMW or Porsche.

Meanwhile Dodge, with a shoe string budget, has been turning out cool hype cars and doing everything they can to waterfall those features and innovates to the pleabs buying the lower tiered cars.

Why can't Ford drop a Mach 1? Hood scoop, unique axel, diff combo, 10spd only, drag radials on Mach style wheels and a few Performance mods - a clone of what Dodge did on the 1320.

Why no Boss? Shove the 5.2 into a normal body GT with PP, MT82 and rear seat delete.

Mustang SVO with 3.5TT?
So much of this is easily debatable lol

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
True, but he asked where the argument is coming from.

Every company has its flaws, and these things are cyclical. Dodge spent decades producing undesirable garbage. It's only since 2015 with Fiat that they've found a good stride. Even then, long term outlook is still marginal.
So much of this is easily debatable lol

Users who are viewing this thread