What’s Next? ZR1

blk02edge

Established Member
Id be lying if I said the circus talk didnt make me lol
Man, everyone has to be a hardass on the internet. Rules are not hard to follow.

New Vette is great. But, after all is said and done, all ADM's aside, it will be nearly double the price of a GT500 or very close to that.

Love the render, I think it has potential to be almost spot on.

This would have been better to be posted in Roadside since it is general chat. Vehicle specific forums are exactly that, vehicle specific.
Not sure im reading this right.... The corvette will be double the price of the GT500? well sure if we are talking about a 2007 gt500

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In my eyes, the corvette has been a sport car up until the c8. With the mid engine configuration, performance and aggressive looks (whether liked or not), it now makes the list as a super car. The C7 was a weird bastard child of a sports car and super car. Not quite there but very close.
Agree 100%, the C7 was in some sort of ugly transition.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
C6 Z06 is sexy as hell, but c7z poops on it.
Money
The-Block-Chevrolet-Performance-Alex-Bowmans-Corvette-ZR1-25.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I love my Ford People....doubt I will ever own a Chevy. But some people are getting upSET over the Vette. On other forums it's the Ford GT against the Vette's to come top model. Is the Vette's lower trim the best Bang for the Buck and will the top model outperform the Ford GT for a fraction of the cost? I do like the fact they are a V8 powerplant over the V6 Ecoboost. You are gonna see 100 times more Vettes than Ford GT's no doubt. It might come down to taste and brand loyalty because it's about to get real performance wise. I would advise Ford to alter course a bit.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Ford had Multimatic build them a super car for the celebs and famous.

GM built and brought a super car to the “masses”.

Mic dropped.

incorrect. ford built a car to kick ass at le mans. again. and they did. again.
the new vette is a lot of car for the price. i think the old front engine variants are going to get hit pretty hard in the used market.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
the new vette is a lot of car for the price. i think the old front engine variants are going to get hit pretty hard in the used market.

Ford didn’t build it, papa. Multimatic did.

The production model FGT (not the race car) was built and sold by invite only, to people with the biggest social media following, not the average car guy.

blk02edge

Established Member
Only incorrect part is celebs and famous. But it did only go to the elite totally ignoring 95% of middle class car guys. Even the shelby is now priced out of what average people can afford.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Ford didn’t build it, papa. Multimatic did.

nonsense. using someone else to do something for you doesn't mean you haven't built the car. if I have someone tune my car or paint my car and i buy lots of parts from vendors does that mean I haven't built my car?

its a halo car not a profit machine. you think the old GT was available to the average car guy? hell the average dude can't afford a loaded f150 anymore.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
nonsense. using someone else to do something for you doesn't mean you haven't built the car. if I have someone tune my car or paint my car and i buy lots of parts from vendors does that mean I haven't built my car?

Exactly. You’ve got it!

Unless you put the shit together yourself, you did not build that car.

Opening up your credit card to vendors and paying for installs does not make a grease monkey.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

its a halo car not a profit machine. you think the old GT was available to the average car guy? hell the average dude can't afford a loaded f150 anymore.
True but I did the best I could with what I could afford! lol
Truck.jpg

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Exactly. You’ve got it!

Unless you put the shit together yourself, you did not build that car.

Opening up your credit card to vendors and paying for installs does not make a grease monkey.

That isn't what I said. re-read the post.

Users who are viewing this thread