What’s Next? ZR1

Z06

Established Member
C8 Z will have Twins on a 4.2 from the caddy. I think it’s a modified black wing motor. Now the ZR1 will be insane, talks of electric motors and around 1k hp. I love that the vette is always taking jabs at these exotics. Pew pew pew!

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
What are you saying, man?

if i have the vision, i do the design, i do the assembly, if I do loads of work, and i subcontract out bits of the build like the engine, paint or even special parts I want made... I have built the car.

now, i happen to be painting mine and plan on assembling the engine but I'm not building the coilovers, tuning the pcm, or fabbing the k member, right? so where do you draw the line? I didn't come up with the paint and I didn't cast the block so have I REALLY built the car?

Ford made a better car than GM has ever even dreamt of doing. they hired some of it done, too. no shame in that. a wise man knows when to delegate.

the point is no one builds every component of the cars they assemble.
the distinctions you are making are arbitrary and, thusly, nonsensical.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Kaneda is behind it
lol
View attachment 1588207

You’d think a moderator especially the SD admin would know the SVTP rules.
Wrong.
9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread/etc we deem necessary.

That is correct and even though we all see things a little different at times it makes us a good staff.

With that said, on deleted post. If you post something and see it after then it is there. If you return and it is gone it didn't just disappear on its own. it was removed for a reason. This is not an invitation to post it again.
This happens way too often.
There are times when things are removed and we send a PM, there are other times when we don't.

10.If you disagree with the actions of the SVTPerformance Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen, however, public bashing or criticism of the team will be deleted and possibly end in your banishment. If you comment in a thread on a PM or email sent to you by an SVTP staff member, without their permission, will result in an infraction or a ban.

One of my favorites, Some know what happens when you rant about the site/staff.
We will listen but do it privately. and a Bitch PM normally will not get you anywhere.
Examples,
That infraction was bullshit and you know it= wrong way.
I understand why you gave me an infraction and I believe I did not deserve it because..........= Right way

Your right It’s old News now!
Pretty much, I know another mod that would have gave you a vacation.

svt662

Established Member
C8 Z will have Twins on a 4.2 from the caddy. I think it’s a modified black wing motor. Now the ZR1 will be insane, talks of electric motors and around 1k hp. I love that the vette is always taking jabs at these exotics. Pew pew pew!
I just saw the same article on YouTube! Pretty Nice, Z06 May be coming in 1 year. Who would ever think that cars would
lol

Wrong.
9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread/etc we deem necessary.

That is correct and even though we all see things a little different at times it makes us a good staff.

With that said, on deleted post. If you post something and see it after then it is there. If you return and it is gone it didn't just disappear on its own. it was removed for a reason. This is not an invitation to post it again.
This happens way too often.
There are times when things are removed and we send a PM, there are other times when we don't.

10.If you disagree with the actions of the SVTPerformance Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen, however, public bashing or criticism of the team will be deleted and possibly end in your banishment. If you comment in a thread on a PM or email sent to you by an SVTP staff member, without their permission, will result in an infraction or a ban.

One of my favorites, Some know what happens when you rant about the site/staff.
We will listen but do it privately. and a Bitch PM normally will not get you anywhere.
Examples,
That infraction was bullshit and you know it= wrong way.
I understand why you gave me an infraction and I believe I did not deserve it because..........= Right way

Pretty much, I know another mod that would have gave you a vacation.
No worries! I didn’t post the photo to cause any trouble, It should have been put in a different spot but I didn’t know that at time when it was done! You just flipped out with your wording.. I have been a member on this for a longtime now and it has been a great forum! Keep up the good work....

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just saw the same article on YouTube! Pretty Nice, Z06 May be coming in 1 year. Who would ever think that cars would

No worries! I didn’t post the photo to cause any trouble, It should have been put in a different spot but I didn’t know that at time when it was done! You just flipped out with your wording.. I have been a member on this for a longtime now and it has been a great forum! Keep up the good work....
All good, what happened to your avatar picture?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
if i have the vision, i do the design, i do the assembly, if I do loads of work, and i subcontract out bits of the build like the engine, paint or even special parts I want made... I have built the car.

now, i happen to be painting mine and plan on assembling the engine but I'm not building the coilovers, tuning the pcm, or fabbing the k member, right? so where do you draw the line? I didn't come up with the paint and I didn't cast the block so have I REALLY built the car?

Ford made a better car than GM has ever even dreamt of doing. they hired some of it done, too. no shame in that. a wise man knows when to delegate.

the point is no one builds every component of the cars they assemble.
the distinctions you are making are arbitrary and, thusly, nonsensical.

It can get fuzzy... the line that is.

Once you contract out as much work as Ford did with Multimatic, it is not longer an original product. It would more of a collaboration, at best for Ford.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
It can get fuzzy... the line that is.

Once you contract out as much work as Ford did with Multimatic, it is not longer an original product. It would more of a collaboration, at best for Ford.

oh so you're the authority lol. nah bro.

the only difference here is the difference between contract labor and company men.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
oh so you're the authority lol. nah bro.

the only difference here is the difference between contract labor and company men.

If that allows you to feel better, sure.

Might wanna do a little more research as to what kinda role Multimatic played in the party. They didn’t just tint the windows, Brah.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
If that allows you to feel better, sure.

Might wanna do a little more research as to what kinda role Multimatic played in the party. They didn’t just tint the windows, Brah.

Their role was extensive. The timeline was also extremely short and the product is amazing.
I'm well aware of the details.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
C6 Z06 is sexy as hell, but c7z poops on it.

Yes the C7 is a better, faster car from top to bottom but the C6Z's and that LS7 are ridiculously fun cars. I'm just a little bit of negotiating away from scoring a silver 2011 to park next to my C7.

:D:D:D

40103704420_fbdaaaab44_b.jpg
TBC03595 by D.C. 83, on Flickr

45378015964_979ca136e9_b.jpg
by D.C. 83, on Flickr

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread