Well that didn't last long!! Cracked a piston last night.

notfastenf

Established Member
Specs from a previous post.

Brand: Hellion TT
PSI: 7
Exhaust Upgrades:Custom 3", Roush AB's
Under the hood Upgrades:
Injectors (brand/LB): ID1000's
Tuner/Tune: BBR BASEMAP E-mail Tune on SCT
Additional Upgrades or...

kaane

Established Member
You CANNOT run a base map on a power adder and expect safe running car. YOU must verify with your tuner that the car is properly tuned before you ever go wot.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
O_O you guys creepers, lol. I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not sure why i had this intermittent leaning out thing going on, maybe it was the ecu resetting back to stoich like was previously said? IDK.

Just sucks too because I sent them logs to receive a revision and it was e-mailed to me this morning. :(

Deranged2013

Established Member
Hate it for you. I wouldn't sell at this point. With the money you have in it, you would probably lose more by selling vs buying or building a built short block. It sucks but get your head up, build the bottom end, fine tune it on a dyno, and enjoy.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Man that's a bummer!! Did BBR see anything majorly off in your datalog before making adjustments that they just sent you?

Bud

Established Member
Man, sorry to hear it. I know how it is to be into a car so far and if anything happens it is the end of it for awhile until money allows to fix it. Temptation is also a mf'r and hard not to want to get in it when you know the power is there but it may not be fully tuned yet. Good on you for not full on blaming the tuner though if you got in it when you shouldn't have.

Hope something works out for you in a sale or able to keep it and rebuild.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
So you bought a base map for your TT coyote and went ahead and did couple of Pulls? Lol

Why didn't you custom tune your nicely done set up man?

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about your motor, but like has already been said fix it and make it better. You already must have had a plan to build your motor at some point. right? I know that I will HAVE to build at some point with my power level. I am on my nineth revision with Ken at Lund and I only went WOT during logs when he said to. It sucks driving your car like grandma but it is required to get a mail order/ remote tune dialed in without using a dyno.

Build it as you have the time and money and you will have a monster, sell it and lose your ass and you will regret it.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Definitely keep the car and rebuild it!!! You're frustrated right now and rightfully so, but your car is sweet and you used high dollar components. Just cool off, get a game plan, and rebuild it!

Vic2186

Established Member
He can make the money buy selling the turbo kit etc..build the shortblock with that and think on a new plan

Users who are viewing this thread