Well that didn't last long!! Cracked a piston last night.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way... but I am just curious. Why would someone twin turbo their car without the reserve funds in place to take care of a problem.. like engine failure? All that money poured into the mods, yet, if something breaks, the car has to sit. Curiosity...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Don't take this the wrong way... but I am just curious. Why would someone twin turbo their car without the reserve funds in place to take care of a problem.. like engine failure? All that money poured into the mods, yet, if something breaks, the car has to sit. Curiosity...

I agree on reserve funds should always be there if you're planning on going big on you're car, but not everyone makes a shit ton of money.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
That's like asking who has a baby until their "ready". To do what I did AND have reserve money for a motor, I would have needed close to 20k sitting. That's redic. If I had "reserve money" to build a motor I would have done it right off the bat. I don't care if the car is down for 6 months. I have a 2013 elantra as a daily anyway.

You can build a motor and then blow it again. SHlT happens when you mod cars. If you're only going to do things when you think you have enough reserve money, you'll never get it done. I gambled that the car would stay running long enough for me to recoup from the turbo kit and I could do a motor on the side. I lost that bet, lol. IF this was my only car I wouldn't have taken that chance.

Jebadias

Established Member
I am so sorry to hear that. You just reminded me why I'm not putting FI on until I get my car paid off even though I want to SO BAD!

It looks like things are going to work out for you though. Good luck

Poppacapp

Established Member
That's like asking who has a baby until their "ready". To do what I did AND have reserve money for a motor, I would have needed close to 20k sitting. That's redic. If I had "reserve money" to build a motor I would have done it right off the bat. I don't care if the car is down for 6 months. I have a 2013 elantra as a daily anyway.

You can build a motor and then blow it again. SHlT happens when you mod cars. If you're only going to do things when you think you have enough reserve money, you'll never get it done. I gambled that the car would stay running long enough for me to recoup from the turbo kit and I could do a motor on the side. I lost that bet, lol. IF this was my only car I wouldn't have taken that chance.

Guess you have a point. Good thing it wasnt your daily driver car. This disease we call "Mod Fever" gets us all. :whine:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
It's a ways from being tuned as is. They just wanted to get it running so it doesn't need to be pushed.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I like this thread. A lot of real world information in this thread. Looks as if you all have some nice GT Mustangs that are quite quick.:)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
it you start from scratch then yes you can use green. If your not completely draining the system you need to use an antifreeze that is compatible with the existing coolant.

:beer:

Interesting. Why not use orange? Any pros to using green?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
x3 Heard alot of things blowing up at jpc

thats funny

sure we have broken some stuff, You always will when you push the limits.

But im not sure what your talking about. And if you took the time to read the thread you will know we didnt tune it.

Users who are viewing this thread