Well that didn't last long!! Cracked a piston last night.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
we have some stockers laying around. You know we take out good used ones on the regular. I have no problem giving them away to a good home.

If any one ever needs something like that id much rather have it go to some one in need then see it sit around for years.

With that said that makes wanna jump on ur single turbo :beer: lol

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
we have some stockers laying around. You know we take out good used ones on the regular. I have no problem giving them away to a good home.

If any one ever needs something like that id much rather have it go to some one in need then see it sit around for years.

Wow!:rockon::beer:

I will BUY some of your JPC headers! Just build em! lol

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

:beer:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
if you are really short on cash i would sell the twins and fix the short block and slap a paxton on it... it would get the job done. not as sexy as twins but not as boring as n/a.

dont sell the car.. you will regret it.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Ill send you some stock pistons.. free of charge Aint nothing but time to fix

Damn. That's a great deal. But if the block is coming out I have to do forged internals. Eric, talk to Justin and see what you guys would do on building a short block for me if I sent you a bare empty block and the pistons, rods, crank and bearings.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I'd rather let it sit for 4 months than sell the turbo kit to fix it. That's just going backwards. I am heated about it. And broke right now. So I have to just relax I guess.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I'd rather let it sit for 4 months than sell the turbo kit to fix it. That's just going backwards. I am heated about it. And broke right now. So I have to just relax I guess.

just relax and save some coin and get it done. buy the rotating assembly first and then the arp hardware and so on untill you have all the parts ready. you could probably have the short block built locally. there are alot of good shops everywhere. i would also tune it else where just to be on the safe side......

clean92lx

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that OP. best thing you can do after getting your cage rattled like that is step away for a few weeks and cool down before you do anything rash like sell the car. Good luck

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
just relax and save some coin and get it done. buy the rotating assembly first and then the arp hardware and so on untill you have all the parts ready. you could probably have the short block built locally. there are alot of good shops everywhere. i would also tune it else where just to be on the safe side......

THIS x1000000000000000000000000000000000000

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Damn. That's a great deal. But if the block is coming out I have to do forged internals. Eric, talk to Justin and see what you guys would do on building a short block for me if I sent you a bare empty block and the pistons, rods, crank and bearings.

Ill see what we can do ill shoot you a Email

We are pretty local to him only a couple hours away :beer:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that OP. best thing you can do after getting your cage rattled like that is step away for a few weeks and cool down before you do anything rash like sell the car. Good luck

Listen to this advice. I parted out my last car, which was a project car for MM&FF and I purchased it from Evan Smith, because I got pissed off. The worst part is I had the same issue, it just needed a piston, I already had a forged shortblock and the entire car was apart and I was to heated to fix it.

Sit back, breath and do it right. You're not spending any more money letting it sit then you are driving it.

Edit - I forgot to add, class act to Eric and the guys at JPC. That's why being part of these communities is awesome.

Last edited:

stretchb

Established Member
after tuning on my tt car and a few other turbo coyotes, my tuner said no way in hell he would remote/mail tune one. too finicky!

stretchb

Established Member

props for that !

NickSezz

Established Member
after tuning on my tt car and a few other turbo coyotes, my tuner said no way in hell he would remote/mail tune one. too finicky!

There is more that can go wrong or be installed incorrectly on the TT systems. We wont e-mail tune them for that reason. You can send out a perfect tune, but if something was done incorrectly upon installation you can have major problems.

Eric that was a very nice offer.

OP, did you confirm the actual damage or was the cracked piston an assumption? I don't mean to be a downer but it is rare that there is no residual damage to the head or cylinder wall. A used set of pistons will not likely be a cure here.

Like others have said, keep the car and be patient. Do things right and the reward will be very satisfying. You said it yourself; fast, cheap, reliable..pick 2..that said I would recommend you also get a return style fuel system instead of that boost-a-pump.

nonliberal

Established Member

Tell Santa all you want for Xmas is engine parts, then right after that you can use any tax return you may get to complete the project. Don't sell now though because you will lose your ass on it.

Users who are viewing this thread