Weekend Plans?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Busy weekend here. My wife's mom passed two days ago (she was 94) and my wife is now back home after being mom's primary care provider for the past year and a half. She has only slept here maybe 3 times over that year and a half. So it's good to have her back! We're preparing for the funeral this weekend and have to find photos to create a collage. That's going to take at least a full day. She spent the day yesterday with my sister-in-law cleaning out mom's bedroom. That was therapeutic for her. She was very close with her mom. I'm doing the funeral with our Pastor, so I've got some preparation to do between now and Tuesday morning.

And then last night I discovered that our 2-year old Samsung refrigerator compressor crapped out. I had to move everything from the freezer side and fridge side to our second refrigerator in the basement. Thank God for backup refrigerators! Fortunately I had put all of our Samsung appliances on a 10 year service contract, something I don't normally do, so we're covered. BUT, the part won't be here for about 4 business days and then we have to schedule the installation. In the meantime, everything is in our basement fridge, which is PACKED solid. So it's up and down, up and down, up and down, all day and night! I guess we'll be eating out a lot over the next week. LOL. Maybe tonight I'll take the G-70 and treat my honey to some good seafood on the shore. We have a favorite in Clinton, about 40 minutes from here, so that seems like a good choice. Did I say it is SO good to have my wife back? ;)

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Busy weekend here. My wife's mom passed two days ago (she was 94) and my wife is now back home after being mom's primary care provider for the past year and a half. She has only slept here maybe 3 times over that year and a half. So it's good to have her back! We're preparing for the funeral this weekend and have to find photos to create a collage. That's going to take at least a full day. She spent the day yesterday with my sister-in-law cleaning out mom's bedroom. That was therapeutic for her. She was very close with her mom. I'm doing the funeral with our Pastor, so I've got some preparation to do between now and Tuesday morning.

And then last night I discovered that our 2-year old Samsung refrigerator compressor crapped out. I had to move everything from the freezer side and fridge side to our second refrigerator in the basement. Thank God for backup refrigerators! Fortunately I had put all of our Samsung appliances on a 10 year service contract, something I don't normally do, so we're covered. BUT, the part won't be here for about 4 business days and then we have to schedule the installation. In the meantime, everything is in our basement fridge, which is PACKED solid. So it's up and down, up and down, up and down, all day and night! I guess we'll be eating out a lot over the next week. LOL. Maybe tonight I'll take the G-70 and treat my honey to some good seafood on the shore. We have a favorite in Clinton, about 40 minutes from here, so that seems like a good choice. Did I say it is SO good to have my wife back? ;)
Good for you, Bob. And my sympathies for you and yer bride.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Sorry for your loss @CobraBob My condolences to you and your wife.

It's always something Bob. Always spending money on replacing stuff or fixing stuff.
I know the pain. lol

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member

Bob, I've been on this road from my wife's mom passing last year. Tell the missus we grieve her loss (but are happy you got her back!).

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sorry for your loss cobrabob. Getting exhaust put on my truck tomorrow seeing as I had no luck getting the muffler off. Out to dinna with the wife and youngest daughter tomorrow night.

Sunday rain and a birthday party to go too at my nephews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
NTPA? 4th of July they are close for a 3 night show. Always a blast!
Absolutely!

It's NTPA but mostly local boys. I'll go to either Hutchinson, MN or Tomah, WI to see the big boys...they're both equal distance from me. Tomah is that weekend of the 22nd so I'll most likely go to Hutchinson, MN again this year the weekend after. My daughter usually goes with me.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Tioga county

That bear is all of 300lbs...we were 5ft apart when I walked out the door...bastard was trying to get into the trash...again
God's country! I'm well aware of the location. Just south of NY. I've seen bear bigger then 300 across from the rest stop welcome center. Just passing now. Best pic I could take with lead foot Mama driving.
8529eb408615de1a1136105b2e865334.jpg

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
God's country! I'm well aware of the location. Just south of NY. I've seen bear bigger then 300 across from the rest stop welcome center. Just passing now. Best pic I could take with lead foot Mama driving.View attachment 1578383

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

I live on 287 just south of wellsboro lol

And guess who was cleaning up the trash this morning?
That bear and I gonna fight before this over...and I have a kubota with a backhoe...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good for you, Bob. And my sympathies for you and yer bride.
Thanks my friend! She's doing well, and is helping her brother organize the funeral reception. I have to admit it's strange having her here every night now. We're both adjusting to each other again like we were newlyweds. LOL. Like I use the washer as my hamper. My dirty laundry goes right into the washer rather than into the cloth hamper. I like that method. I think she'll let me keep it. LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry for your loss @CobraBob My condolences to you and your wife.

It's always something Bob. Always spending money on replacing stuff or fixing stuff.
I know the pain. lol
Thanks, Tony.

PC Richards was originally coming here on the 19th to replace the compressor. o_O I said they had to do better because we need our refrigerator back and we're going away on vacation on the 20th. They called back and said they would be here this coming Thursday. So that was some good news.

Sorry for your loss cobrabob. Getting exhaust put on my truck tomorrow seeing as I had no luck getting the muffler off. Out to dinna with the wife and youngest daughter tomorrow night.

Sunday rain and a birthday party to go too at my nephews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Patrick! Hope your dinner tonight is great!

Bob, I've been on this road from my wife's mom passing last year. Tell the missus we grieve her loss (but are happy you got her back!).
Thanks my friend, I will tell her. She's doing better than I expected. They were VERY close.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
2 local car cruise ins tomorrow, 11am-6pm should be a great day here in upstate NY!
Post some pics from the show tomorrow.

View attachment 1578599

Went to my second time attack event of the season. I was finally able to use my RaceLogic Laptimer with the predictive lapping feature and it really helped to show where I am fast/slow and exactly where I can improve with entry/exit speeds. I shaved 3sec off my lap time today.
Nice! That looks like a lot of fun.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
This is what happens when you drop a famn expensive fishing rod and go overboard after it...got my finger caught in a cleat...I don't think it's broken but its sore and I'll have a nice scar lol...damn rod cost almost as much as a nice rifle. St Croix Legend Extreme and shimano chronarch ci4+

20190609-074714.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread