Weekend Plans?

blackfang

Established Member
Wife, son and I are up at our cabin for the weekend. Enjoying a nice cup of coffee on the front porch with nice weather and a good breeze right now.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Happy Father's day to all of you out there with kids! Have a great weekend!
I may take them to look at backyard play equipment instead of buying that wheel/tire combo for my truck.. (wrinkling brow) lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well I was going to do some pressure washing, and yahd work tomorrow. But the TV weather ****** changed the forecast and is calling for rain from tomorrow thru Tuesday, with up too 4” when said and done. Definitely hope we don’t get that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Happy Father's day to all of you out there with kids! Have a great weekend!
I may take them to look at backyard play equipment instead of buying that wheel/tire combo for my truck.. (wrinkling brow) lol
Thanks, Joe. Happy Father's Day to you too brother.

And Happy Father's Day to all the other dads! You too Patrick!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks, Joe. Happy Father's Day to you too brother.

And Happy Father's Day to all the other dads! You too Patrick!

Thanks Todd, Happy Father’s Day to you as well, and all the Dads here on SVTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My Dad has passed so there is that. In his honor, I think I will grab some pos youngster and teach them how to do carpentry, plumbing, electrical, roofing, automotive, small engine and everything else under the sun. I don’t believe there wasn’t anything he couldn’t do.

He also had a cup holder in every moving thing he operated so as to have a place to put his beer. Used to always give me first drink much to my mothers dismay. Beer seemed much colder when you are only 5 or 6.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
My Dad has passed so there is that. In his honor, I think I will grab some pos youngster and teach them how to do carpentry, plumbing, electrical, roofing, automotive, small engine and everything else under the sun. I don’t believe there wasn’t anything he couldn’t do.

He also had a cup holder in every moving thing he operated so as to have a place to put his beer. Used to always give me first drink much to my mothers dismay. Beer seemed much colder when you are only 5 or 6.
That's a great memory. My dad's been gone for 15 years and I still miss him constantly.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member

That's a great memory. My dad's been gone for 15 years and I still miss him constantly.
Mine's gone 24 years this year.
That forker could fix anything. Stripped out gears in a Yamaha 175, rotted out laundry room floors, you name it.
If I think about him for more than five minutes my eyes will start leaking.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Mine's gone 24 years this year.
That forker could fix anything. Stripped out gears in a Yamaha 175, rotted out laundry room floors, you name it.
If I think about him for more than five minutes my eyes will start leaking.
Ditto. I remember crawling under the car with him to "help" him with whatever he was doing. I'd make sure to get grease and oil all over myself so I could look just like him.

He'd always get mad in a loving dad way when I'd strip a nut on my bike while I was modding it. Good Lord I miss that man.

blackfang

Established Member
Wife wanted to go to the lake to see the sunset.
c_oc=AQm2HGiBKU9sBq96NXBHK2TrB9urIxwFHgO9mjgi2QvabUVTbt-hboKh363oZiFG72E&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQmPvub0Hr7SNKmXTHoWG9Ew55NkmLSzM2jLUFw5Sc5GhJZj9eorLaZIcgqwkHtX3PA&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.jpg

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My respect and sympathies Smooth and OETKB. Maybe men were different then but I am not even close to the man my dad was. As I said, he could fix anything but had a wall full of degrees and a chest full of medals/ribbons.

Used to take me riding around looking for pop bottles. Every Saturday. I think you got a nickel for each one. As I also said, always had a beer even when driving. Funny thing was when or if he saw a cop he would hand me the beer. How it was better to hand a child who couldn’t see over the hood an open beer is beyond me. Truly a great man and I miss him dearly.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
My respect and sympathies Smooth and OETKB. Maybe men were different then but I am not even close to the man my dad was. As I said, he could fix anything but had a wall full of degrees and a chest full of medals/ribbons.

Used to take me riding around looking for pop bottles. Every Saturday. I think you got a nickel for each one. As I also said, always had a beer even when driving. Funny thing was when or if he saw a cop he would hand me the beer. How it was better to hand a child who couldn’t see over the hood an open beer is beyond me. Truly a great man and I miss him dearly.
Thanks bro, and same to you. Great memories though!

Users who are viewing this thread