US Military action against Libya

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Maybe one of the reasons Russia want the attacks to stop is that they have supplied Libya with all the tanks, jets and equipment. And after the coalition forces are done with the first phase of the attack all the Russian stuff will be decimated. Therefore letting the world know how "great" Russian stuff is??

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Don't want to be in the middle east? Stop driving 13mpg SVTs. As long as America is dependent on foriegn oil we will always be involved in the big sandbox. And since Americans are too lazy and wasteful to move away from of a society based on oil be prepared to be there a long time.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Maybe one of the reasons Russia want the attacks to stop is that they have supplied Libya with all the tanks, jets and equipment. And after the coalition forces are done with the first phase of the attack all the Russian stuff will be decimated. Therefore letting the world know how "great" Russian stuff is??

It's apples to oranges. Same thing in Iraq.

You can't compare T-62's and T-72's to the M1A1 Abrams.

The only country with top of the line Russian wares is Russia.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
It's apples to oranges. Same thing in Iraq.

You can't compare T-62's and T-72's to the M1A1 Abrams.

The only country with top of the line Russian wares is Russia.

Yes and no India has almost as good of stuff as the Russians in equipment and lethality. They are the only other country building the MiG-27/ and T-72BM outside of Russia with just as good of systems and survivability.

And yes what Russia has is vastly different from what they supply to their client states.

Just look at a picture of a Syrian/Libyan MiG-23 over a Russian/ Warsaw Pac the radome is much smaller on the export MiG's because the Soviets put the Jaybird radar the same as the smaller and older MiG-21. But the Soviet's and Warsaw had the much bigger and capable High Lark set. It is like being able to either see only a little past visual range about 20 miles with the Jaybird or up to 70 miles with the High Lark radar.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Cheered on by people like you.

I believe Qaddafi should be removed from power for his terrorist actions and killing of U.S. citizens. However the outcome of his removal is going to pose a problem. I support our military to make the right decision. If the U.S. and it's European Allies say it is time for him to go then so be it.

I certainly don't want to see WW3. I have a 3 year old son, you think I want that for his future.

bwd0311

Established Member
im marine infantry and we just got called up 4 month early for this shit. no boots on the deck well see. hope they send me in **** em. no im not a warmonger but i do like my job!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
im marine infantry and we just got called up 4 month early for this shit. no boots on the deck well see. hope they send me in **** em. no im not a warmonger but i do like my job!

Thanks for your service. Our military is always ready for whatever the task.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I believe Qaddafi should be removed from power for his terrorist actions and killing of U.S. citizens. However the outcome of his removal is going to pose a problem. I support our military to make the right decision. If the U.S. and it's European Allies say it is time for him to go then so be it.

I certainly don't want to see WW3. I have a 3 year old son, you think I want that for his future.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion he needs to be removed. Ninety-percent of people on this board would have said "Qaddafi who?" a month ago. You need to unplug yourself from the T.V.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
AirForce Lieutenant said something funny at work, He goes, "If we deploy B-2's in Libya, with the amount of technology the Libyan government has to detect them, the ordnance might as well be teleporting on the target. Goodnight!"

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
AirForce Lieutenant said something funny at work, He goes, "If we deploy B-2's in Libya, with the amount of technology the Libyan government has to detect them, the ordnance might as well be teleporting on the target. Goodnight!"

The B-2's are doing their thing as we speak. It's almost unfair :)

boduke0220

Established Member
They should wait until about next february, that way i'll be done with SOI (school of infantry) and i can go!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I wonder how you came to the conclusion he needs to be removed. Ninety-percent of people on this board would have said "Qaddafi who?" a month ago. You need to unplug yourself from the T.V.

I knew who Qaddafi was and what he has done for many years. I think you are the one that needs to unplug yourself from the internet.

mysterio

Established Member

I think you're underestimating this web site. Many of us remember Reagan bitch-slapping him in 1986.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I read that this morning. At least the two pilots ejected safely.

It would seem at this point that NATO air support isn't enough, and that was very predictable. IMO without taking Gadhafi out or forcing a surrender, there is absolutely no way to protect Libyan civilians or give the rebels a fighting chance. His superior ground military continues to effectively wipe out those opposing him. I fear that the end of this battle is predictable. Gadhafi remains in power and a civil war continues for a time as more and more civilians are killed in the fray. JMO. I really hope something changes the inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread