US Military action against Libya

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's face it, what happens around the world affects this country and other countries in many ways. It's not just about oil prices. This was a very difficult decision to make, not only for the U.S. but for Great Britain, France, and other NATO forces. I commend the U.S. for not jumping into this too quickly, and for getting other countries to get involved and take the lead. This is NOT a U.S. (only) action. It is a NATO spearheaded action this time. And that's a positive move IMO.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
We could let the middle east burn and eat its self to death but at what cost? $10 a gallon gas? Millions upon millions of innocent people caught in the cross fire? Russia and China stepping in to control the oil production?

Lets face it the USA has to have incluence and to an extent police the world in order to preserve the American way of life. There is a cost to freedom and all the conveniences that we take for granted here in our country. If I'm called to set boots in Libya then so be it, I'm down.

With all the chaos consuming the middle east right now this is only the begining. We are probably witnessing the buildup that will set off another world war in 10 years or less. If there is a chance to stop that from happening then US intervention is ABSOLUTELY necessary. So excuse me while I set out for a 12 mile ruckmarch and 1000m swim to keep myself in shape........

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
We could let the middle east burn and eat its self to death but at what cost? $10 a gallon gas? Millions upon millions of innocent people caught in the cross fire? Russia and China stepping in to control the oil production?

Lets face it the USA has to have incluence and to an extent police the world in order to preserve the American way of life. There is a cost to freedom and all the conveniences that we take for granted here in our country. If I'm called to set boots in Libya then so be it, I'm down.

With all the chaos consuming the middle east right now this is only the begining. We are probably witnessing the buildup that will set off another world war in 10 years or less. If there is a chance to stop that from happening then US intervention is ABSOLUTELY necessary. So excuse me while I set out for a 12 mile ruckmarch and 1000m swim to keep myself in shape........

can I buy you a beer? Domestic of course lol

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Russia is warning the U.S and Allied powers to stop Military strikes against Libya. What ever the outcome of this it is not going to be good.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They just said Qaddafi's compound was hit by Allied missiles.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They just confirmed that a British missile strike hit qaddafi's compound in the same location as where Reagan struck in 1986. The British and French Warplanes are pounding his ass good.

I say let it rain.

Jet_20110320_183428.gif

Last edited:

silvernewedge

Established Member
i dont care who over there supports it. as far as I'm concerned, the world should let them kill each other off.

+1, we can protect our interests overseas all day long but what good has it really done us? We'll never end the fighting over there; and if we would put all the money we've spent bombing the hell out of and then rebuilding over there towards using non oil-based fuels, we'd be in a lot better shape for it. We as a nation can't afford to be constantly making b.s. like this our business, superpower or not. Last time I checked, we have plenty of problems stateside that have been ignored for far too long for us to be making every other little thing in the world our priority.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
and what in the hell does Labia i mean Lybia have to do with current gas prices? someone school me.

Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa, standing at 46.4 billion barrels.

Consuming countries are as follows.

Italy - 28%
France - 15%
China - 11%
Germany - 10%
Spain - 10%
Greece - 5%
UK - 4%
USA - 3%
Others - 14%

As you can see, Europe in particular has a very vested interest in Libya.

They also have 54.7 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Everyone crying whaaaaaaa why are we attacking. Quit bitching cause you live in a country that polices the world. If you don't like it... LEAVE!!!

USA!!!!

America FTW.

Well said sir, I give you 5 interwebz for this post.

+1

We are one of the world's super powers so it comes with the territory. Oil supposedly runs through Libya and because we LOVE that resource so much, it has our interest.

Let's face it, what happens around the world affects this country and other countries in many ways. It's not just about oil prices. This was a very difficult decision to make, not only for the U.S. but for Great Britain, France, and other NATO forces. I commend the U.S. for not jumping into this too quickly, and for getting other countries to get involved and take the lead. This is NOT a U.S. (only) action. It is a NATO spearheaded action this time. And that's a positive move IMO.

can I buy you a beer? Domestic of course lol

HELL YEAH GUYS!

Lets blow the **** out of latest and great boogie man!:rockon::kaboom:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
HELL YEAH GUYS!

"STOP SPENDING....Oh, you want to bomb the shit out of someone? Go for it."

Sadly, these will be the people that ultimately get Obama re-elected.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member

Well said man well said! :beer:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Russia is warning the U.S and Allied powers to stop Military strikes against Libya. What ever the outcome of this it is not going to be good.

What's Russia going to do? Hell, the Afghans kicked the shit out of them! I can hear it now at the UN meeting...

Hey guys, hey guys, Russia wants us to stop bombing Libya... silence.... then Bwaaaawawawawa

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I guess I need to get on CNN more often, I had no idea about this. Just another shitty county I'm going to have to go to in the next few years...yay.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Russia is still a major power and is part of the UN, they do have just as much vested international interest as any other country. bottom line, they have the right to oppose aggression in any form for any reason, it's called diplomacy guys, but most of you probably don't understand that russia and libya have trade agreements with Libya. to not strain or make this process more difficult, since currently the russians are not exactly doing real well, they will do what they can to protect the assets that are provided by their "friendly" relations with other countries regardless of who it is. I believe Libya is purchasing somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 Billion dollars worth of military equipment from Russia. hence the "hey guys, stop doing that" because it will obviously sour that deal. it's all about diplomacy for the russians.

Russia is by no means considered a super power other than the fact they have nukes. but so does alot of the world. their military is of good size but technology limited because of country wide poverty. if people can't pay taxes, they can't fund a huge hi-tech military.
however, let it be known, a serious battle with russia I would not want regardless of the number of friends we might have.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
HELL YEAH GUYS!

I don't fully support this action in Libya and I feel like other nations should take the burden if they really want something done. I was merely stating my gratitude for 97desertcobra for his determiniation and attitude for being a soldier of the United States and willing to do whatever is necessary when his country calls on him for service. That's all so no need to quote me and make it look like I am a warmongerer and want the US to bomb everyone and spend billions upon billions of tax dollars on events that may or may not indeed effect us directly.

mysterio

Established Member
As Joe Strummer once sang, "drop your bombs between the minarets, down the Casbah way."

Interesting how 25+ years later, that song is still relevant.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ"]YouTube - The Clash - Rock The Casbah[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread