Twin Turbo through a Whipple or KB..... Possible?

YellowCobra04

Established Member
My friend and I were haveing an argument about if it is possible to run a twim turbo compound boost system through a whipple or KB. I know the Hellion Hellraiser uses compound boost, but runs through the stock eaton on stock 8 psi. What do yall think? :shrug:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
One of my buddies is having it done now. A fully built motor, twin 65mm turbos, and a KB 2.4. I can't wait to see it scream on the dyno...:eek::rockon:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
There's a guy on here that's got a TT kit through a Kenne Bell, not sure what the specs on the motor are though. Obviously you couldn't spin the blower very hard and would need some good octane, but it would work.

03snakeminated

Established Member
There's a guy on here that's got a TT kit through a Kenne Bell, not sure what the specs on the motor are though. Obviously you couldn't spin the blower very hard and would need some good octane, but it would work.
is it a 2.2 k/b? I don't think theres anything better than the scream of a k/b topped off with a bov at wot, damn I just nutted thinking about it

GodStang

Established Member
Yes its been done many times with both whipples and Kenne bells. The main problem is the compound boost is something sick like 40+psi at the intake which will make the heads lift. I wanted to do it to my setup but people bitched about the tuning and the other issues.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Couldn't you just turn the boost down with the turbo's... Something to give you around 20psi total?

A regular 20# ends up being around 40# at the intake manifold. I don't know what the exact exchange is but it's double or close to it.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Yea, its definitely possible and has been done. I know they were making over 1000 HP on the stock eaton with TT's on the stock engine. So i could imagine the power on a TS blower. A forged motor would be a must.....i bet around 1300RWHP would be possible.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Pretty sure it can't be done and get any real gains out of adding the turbo's.

When a twin screw tries to build boost it actually seals off. So if the Turbo's need more air they can't get it past the screws.

Where as an Eaton is just a glorified airpump. If the Turbo's need more air they just suck it right past the rotors.

I might have my blow/sucks backwards:lol: but I know the Twin Screws don't like it.

I should have a blower going out late this week or Monday for a Compounded boosted car.:rockon:

Last edited:

rtusnake

Established Member
Couple guys tried it with kb's on modularpowerhouse. It kept blowing the seals out on the twin screw blowers. They swapped back to ported eatons with no problems

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
My tuner has a marauder at his shop now thats got a eaton on it. Its there for him to add a vortech to blow through the eaton. Ill post a video of it when he dynos it. Its a sick car it even has some spray on it.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
My tuner has a marauder at his shop now thats got a eaton on it. Its there for him to add a vortech to blow through the eaton. Ill post a video of it when he dynos it. Its a sick car it even has some spray on it.

lol that sounds like a dumb idea... That's gonna be quite a bit of stress on the crankshaft snout....

I've read the same thing on modularfords thats already been said here, people have had seals blow out on their KB's/Whipples running compound boost.

I really don't understand the appeal of these compound setups, turbos are great by themselves. If you're launching with turbos use a 2-step, if you're running from a roll you can brake-boost. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread