Twin Turbo 5.0 Build

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Good you can work with me on my CJ then lol.

Scott and myself are still working on the 25.4 chassis in it and a lot of other fab work. Hope to have it done for 2013 selling the 03 cobra to help pay for the new project. Decided to forget about the NMRA except for when they are at BG.

I didn't see the Mass air before the TB so I thought perhaps it was a dual system on the turbos but didn't see a way to recirculate the already metered air from the blow off. Had me scratching my head a little. Now that you mention it I do remember something about when Vinny was going to go BS3 but I had a lot of other things to get taken care of and lost track of you after MD.

KenB

Established Member
I'd love to help.

I moved to South Florida to take a job with Diablosport as my day job. And I also do a lot of tuning on the side at Jake's shop. It's all working out great.

I had my fill of forums so I pretty much avoided them for awhile. But just like most, I couldn't stay away. :)

Ditty

Established Member
ahhhhhhh.......NUT!!!

That just made a mess in my pants! LOVE IT!!!! I wanna drive it!!!
In the future, if I EVER get tired of an N/A build....THAT is what I'm building!

KenB

Established Member
Thanks guys!

We will definitely be monitoring heat closely. That's why we:

1)Design
2)Build
3)Test
4)Edit
5)Repeat

We will be logging ambient underhood temps as well as surface temps on quite a few surfaces. First we will do it on the raw, uncoated kit and with no heat shields. This will give us a worst case scenario number. Combine that with the fact that we are in South Florida, we will be able to test it under some pretty extreme ambient heat conditions.

Then we will do coatings to the hot side and log improvements. I'm pretty certain that will be more than enough to to protect everything. Think of all the turbos mounted behind bumpers and next to fan shrouds and they don't melt.

Who knows, no one has done it, well except us now. But we are ready to show you the results so lets just see what happens.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
kit looks real good man. I'm not crazy about the AW setup personally as it adds alot of weight to the car and I feel like the AIT's you tune for on ICE in the tank are very hard to replicate consistently. I prefer air to air on a street car.

And with the wastegates like that, you don't think you'll have a problem running only 7 psi? I feel like you may run into boost creep issues.

KenB

Established Member
Also there is no need to replicate iats so I don't know what you mean there. A properly setup tune will take advantage of the cooler iats and scale back when you have no ice.

I think this will be a great street setup. But no need to debate it. We are just going to do it and see what we get.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
Jake is the man wen it comes to beautiful one off kits probably the best in the business. That 5.0 is going to be insane. There are a few single turbo 5.0 L cars out there making 740ish with ease. What are the pans for a trans?

Not to take away from the amazing thread, but My buddy Kevin has the worlds fastest stock 3v @9.01, maybe even the fastest built one.

Hope to see the car at the track soon looks killer again!!!

KenB

Established Member
Jake is the man wen it comes to beautiful one off kits probably the best in the business. That 5.0 is going to be insane. There are a few single turbo 5.0 L cars out there making 740ish with ease. What are the pans for a trans?

Not to take away from the amazing thread, but My buddy Kevin has the worlds fastest stock 3v @9.01, maybe even the fastest built one.

Hope to see the car at the track soon looks killer again!!!

That is a badass car for sure Kevin has. 9.0s on a stock engine is not messing around. It was at 2,900 lbs. though.

A car my shop built actually holds the 3v record. 8.4s at 3,600 lbs. ;)

Last edited:

KenB

Established Member
Got some early numbers tonight. Unfortunately we had a nail in the tire that blew during the last pull and ended put night.

Pretty happy so far but lots of tuning to go. Considering its an auto its promising.

605 @ 9 psi
565 @ 7 psi

New tires go on tomorrow and I'll post dyno sheets when we are done tomorrow along with a video. Sounds sweet!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

KenB

Established Member
Hell yeah!!! 600 at the wheels on 9 psi!!!!

We were pretty pumped about that too. Funny thing is, we haven't finished wiring the intercooler pump and have to manually turn it on for now. We forgot to on that pull. All other pulls the car was at 100* IAT. The 605 pull was obviously hotter with no water going through the cooler. I think it hit 125. So with the pump on 615 maybe. That's on a pump gas tune.

Once we get it all ironed out, we will probably throw some torco or race gas in it and turn it up some.

Users who are viewing this thread