Twin Turbo 5.0 Build

KenB

Established Member
I vote for forged internals and shoot the moon!!!

Yes, that is in the plans. We are just wanting to do one thing at a time and benchmark the car. So right now the car is bone stock except the kit and an off road x pipe. We will hopefully run it this weekend at a track rental.

Then:

-Circle D Converter, back to the track.
- Lean on it hard a few times with 15 psi or so to see how far we can take the stock engine.
-Drop in the L&M Engine that I believe has already been started.

I'd like for it to be the first stock auto trans in the 8's. But it's going to be much more than a drag car. Trying to build the ultimate street car/super car that we just benchmark at the track.

Ditty

Established Member
I might just cancel my warranty if this turns out to be the barn-burner it's looking like!!! I SO effin' love turbos!!!!! Twin Turbos is like dating the hottest girl in the world, AND her twin sister...and they both know about it and don't care!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
is it done yet? :poke:

:beer: :beer: :) :) :beer: :beer:

KenB

Established Member
is it done yet? :poke:

:beer: :beer: :) :) :beer: :beer:

It's a Mustang, are we ever 'done' with them? lol

Spent a little time on the dyno last night but nothing very new to report. The stock converter is slipping some so it's hard to gauge small gains. So we are just going to take it to the track tonight on street tires for some shakedown passes.

I think Jon and I got a very good base tune on it and now it's time to dial it in at the track.

Jon won't be able to fly down anytime soon so I'll be handling all the track tuning/driving until he can.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
No I guess we are never done.

Good luck tonight. I will be looking for ET updates!

Cuco5.0

Established Member
Can't wait to see it on drag radials! Run looked great...it boogied once you put the hammer down!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I kniow some of the other kits on the market have had trouble with intake to exhaust pressure numbers; Have you looked at this with this kit?

KenB

Established Member
I kniow some of the other kits on the market have had trouble with intake to exhaust pressure numbers; Have you looked at this with this kit?

Yes we have. As you might guess, it's somewhat dependent on the tuning. And we are just getting started at this point. But the results are just what we expected and our twin turbo design with the most direct exhaust routing possible combined with good wastegate priority has really paid off.

Once final tuning is done I will release the actual numbers.

Dave_6

Established Member
I'm very interested to see how much you can get out of this build! Great looking kit!

BTW what wheels are on the car?

Dave_6

Established Member
Thanks! Those are 19" RTRs

Thanks but if I would have looked at the very first post I would have known that. :D

BTW, I meant to ask if the kit was designed to handle larger turbos if the need arises?

Last edited:

KenB

Established Member
Thanks but if I would have looked at the very first post I would have known that. :D

BTW, I meant to ask if the kit was designed to handle larger turbos if the need arises?

Oh yeah, definitely. And we will try bigger ones once we max these out. But these will support over 1200 :)

Users who are viewing this thread