Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

TClark22

Established Member
Took it out to the Mustang Fbody meet in KC this past weekend. I missed the racing event due to an engagement party and being to lazy to drive all the way up to the track afterwards. But it was an 1/8 mile track so wasn't too bummed about it. Didn't do any mexico racing either...

Then of course my tuner in his Red Dragon gotta show up and make me look slow!

TClark22

Established Member
Video of me making a few pulls

[video=youtube;n4cNRUPiJgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cNRUPiJgc[/video]

TClark22

Established Member
it is running better now. It was blowing out spark in the top end in that vid.

lol I have just been enjoying driving it and I forget to slap the gopro on it! Need to get some vids before the weather turns to shit and of course more changes this winter.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
it is running better now. It was blowing out spark in the top end in that vid.

lol I have just been enjoying driving it and I forget to slap the gopro on it! Need to get some vids before the weather turns to shit and of course more changes this winter.

Thanks to you anytime I mention anything about my build Jeremy and Shawn just tell me I should have gone Coyote and that you are going to gap me.

TClark22

Established Member
Been really busy moving so haven't had much time to get videos. That and I have to drive a good distance to get out of this congested ass town. Can hardly stretch its legs around town.

But...sneak peak. Next step happened sooner than I planned...stumbled upon a great deal on a built 4R70 so I snatched it up.

Trans was built by JPC and freshly rebuilt with 0 passes. Came out of their Epic turbo GT #1, he went glide so I got a killer deal on a proven trans that has been in the 8s!

Won't be swapping it in any time soon though. I want to enjoy driving it until it gets too cold (honestly might just buy some cheap rear tires so I can drive it all winter). I'll gather the rest of the swap parts I need over the next month or so and swap it in before next spring. I'll switch to e85 and get a retune once the auto is in.

One step closer to being able to turn this thing up! Still a stock rear end but hopefully the auto will be easy on it and I'll be able to throw this thing down the strip

TClark22

Established Member
Thanks to you anytime I mention anything about my build Jeremy and Shawn just tell me I should have gone Coyote and that you are going to gap me.

Lol they just love to bust balls. Aren't you ripping out everything and starting over?

TClark22

Established Member
Love everything about the car except the exhaust out the front bumper.

Lol alrighty then. Its not for everyone, and even I hate it at times. But going full exhaust would mean bigger bucks that I was tired of spending! One day it will have full exhaust...or it'll turn into an all out drag car. lol either way

TClark22

Established Member
Siebert is building the motor. GT heads FR500c cammer intake and twins backed by a th400.

Hope you have better luck than Jeremy! He's supposed to be the LS guru and Jeremy's G8 motor won't hold oil pressure for longer than a tank of gas. I keep waiting for him to call asking me to help yank it out...AGAIN

Gravik

Established Member
Love everything about the car except the exhaust out the front bumper.
Why hate the best exhaust setup for a turbo car?

edit: is that the same red dragon that raced farm truck on street outlaws?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Lol alrighty then. Its not for everyone, and even I hate it at times. But going full exhaust would mean bigger bucks that I was tired of spending! One day it will have full exhaust...or it'll turn into an all out drag car. lol either way

It's your car and your money. I can definitely understand not wanting to spend more after swapping in the motor and then deciding to go turbo and all that entailed.

Why hate the best exhaust setup for a turbo car?

edit: is that the same red dragon that raced farm truck on street outlaws?

Because it ruins the look of the car and looks tacky IMO. It's the same as people who cut holes in their hoods so their supercharger/turbo(s) fit.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Is your motor sleeved? Looking forward to E85

Nope, just rods, pistons and studs. I'll have to build another shortblock to crank it over 1000.

this car has been all over FB and IG past two days...congrats!!

I know it spread like a wildfire. I posted 1 pic in the comments to a 1320 post asking for boosted bays and boom. Wish they would have linked my IG account with the posts though.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn this thing has come a long way. We were at my in-laws doing xmas lights last Saturday and I heard you coming so I was the guy in the yard that gave you the thumbs up lol

Users who are viewing this thread