Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

Gravik

Established Member
Horse emblem needs to be black. Lol.

or custom make one that is a running coyote instead of a horse.

Whistler98

Established Member
Holy cow... people weren't joking about how high those tranny jacks sit. I've ben looking at buying one recently and I'd read some models say you have to have about 3 feet of clearance from the floor to the frame. That's just nuts to me...

Shifter setup looks great, though!

They do require a lot of clearance. I felt like I had to jack my 98 as high as my lifted 76 f150 to be able to properly use one.

Car is coming together great.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Horse emblem needs to be black. Lol.

or custom make one that is a running coyote instead of a horse.

A running coyote would be so cool. Super subtle but a great touch that gives a glimpse at what's under the hood.

:dw: I say keep the emblem the way it is. Even better when people underestimate the car, and get their asses handed to them.

TClark22

Established Member
:dw: I say keep the emblem the way it is. Even better when people underestimate the car, and get their asses handed to them.

This. Lol if I had full exhaust, the car would troll hard.

Got one of the final pieces to get the car back on the road...trans cooler! Also dropping in some 10lb gate springs to replace the 7lb springs...you know, gotta make up for that added drivetrain loss right?

This is going to take some getting used to...haven't had a car with 2 pedals in quite some time.

TClark22

Established Member
Cooler mounted. Just got to run the lines. Only thing left really is driveshaft and wiring before she is ready to go

Mounted dipstick too...

Starting to look like itself again...

I should be able to start the car up and drive it without wiring up anything for the trans besides cooler fan power but I'm going to attempt to do all the wiring before I drive it. I close on my house in 2 weeks so I would like to be able to drive it over there in 3 weeks after I epoxy my garage floor :)

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I assume you will be only driving in the slow lane.
Much easier to fake it without four inch pipe sticking out of fender in full visisibilty. lol

love the new edges hopefully that rear hangs in there for ya.

TClark22

Established Member
I assume you will be only driving in the slow lane.
Much easier to fake it without four inch pipe sticking out of fender in full visisibilty. lol

love the new edges hopefully that rear hangs in there for ya.

lol thanks! I hope the rear end hangs in for me too! Or at least until next winter!

I may have missed it, but what did you do for the lines coming off the master cylinder?

The power steering lines? switched them over to AN fittings and coated PTFE hose. I probably didn't cover them in the turbo build. I don't remember when I did it, with the coyote swap thread or my turbo build thread.

Last edited:

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
The power steering lines? switched them over to AN fittings and coated PTFE hose. I probably didn't cover them in the turbo build. I don't remember when I did it, with the coyote swap thread or my turbo build thread.

the brake lines to the prop valve

TClark22

Established Member
Then nothing. All factory 04 GT stuff. Only brake lines I modified where the ones on the passenger side that went from ABS module to a connection in the wheel well because they were real close to my headers for the turbo kit.

TClark22

Established Member
Because i found a stout 4r70 built for 1000hp with a good converter and a good price tag

Update on the car...

We are just working on the wiring now...my buddy is hopefully coming over tonight to get more done. Last week we figured out what wires control what for the valve body so we started with that plug and started a harness. I say "we" but its mainly my buddy. lol For some reason i still don't like/understand/trust myself with wiring stuff up.

New driveshaft is needed. One i had was too short, even with a spacer. Found a used one. Its a denny's driveshaft piece with 1350 joints. It came out of a 1000hp cobra so it should be good. Never heard of denny's until now but this driveshaft has a lifetime warranty. If you twist it or crack welds, they replace it free. Hopefully the guy can get that shipped to me ASAP so the car can be back on the ground!

There is a meet at my tuner's shop on the 19th that i'd love to be ready for! (granted that my tuner has the time to tune it when its ready :))

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Lots was done yesterday! NO pics...because its just wiring. We finished all of the transbrake, o/d, and lock up wiring as well as reverse lights and neutral safety. Only thing left to wire up is the trans cooler fan and she is ready to rock! New driveshaft comes in tomorrow so this thing should be back on the ground and driving by this weekend!

My excitement is so confused, i don't know what to be more excited about. The fact that my car is almost back on the road or that i close on my house wednesday!!

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice, I use a Denny's forged yoke on mine very nice piece. To me the auto is more fun than the stick as long as you have the right converter. Which converter are you running? I have a circleD 3c, stall's at about 3700 and it's just about perfect for an s475.

TClark22

Established Member
Converter is a PTC unit. I can't find where we talked about what stall it was but its 35-3800. It came out of a single turbo coyote car so it should work well.

TClark22

Established Member
Well...we got it running yesterday! Just had time to let it idle for a while and fill up the trans (what a process that was, lol. fill pan, start car, run through gears, check level, drop in another quart, run through gears, check level, drop in another quart...etc etc etc until it held a solid level on the dipstick).

I also moved to my new house over the weekend so i was short on car working time. I just have to drop it down on the ground and put the console and seats back in it now so i can drive it over to its new home! Can't wait to schedule a time with my tuner to see what this thing puts down with the auto and 10lbs!

TClark22

Established Member
Drove it around the neighborhood last night. Took too long putting the console back in so by the time I got to the test driving part it was dark so no video. Reverse decided to not work once i set the car back on the ground. I'm thinking I must have hit a wire or something when putting the console back in...I'm hoping its that easy because every gear worked flawlessly when it was up on stands.

But it actually drives just fine 1st through 3rd. Was literally running on fumes so I didn't chance driving it too far to test further so i just parked it and I'll get some gas on my way home from work and check the wiring and hopefully post up some driving vids. I seemed to have lost the charger for my damn gopro during my moves the last few months.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Finally got around to getting it retuned after the 4R70 swap. before it made in the 650s with a t56 on 7lb gate springs (netted 8-9psi) on 91 oct. I swapped in a built 4r70, ptc converter and changed gate springs to 10lb springs (netted 11psi i believe). We came out with, i shit you not, 666rwhp with a little converter slip.

[video=youtube;7qR9sbtnJxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qR9sbtnJxg[/video]

Obviously that seemed like a short pull. lol 4.10 gears on a turbo car with a auto will do that. Built rear is to come hopefully sooner than later as i can't really race it like it is since I'll top out 3rd gear well before the end of the 1/4. Seriously...105mph top speed in 3rd...i was speechless. I know the converter slip had a little bit to do with it but i was expecting it to top around 125ish. Also tire size, these tires are 315/30...also not helping.

So yay more money to spend...tighted up the converter, build rear end...turn up booooooost. lol even with my hoosiers on, in 3rd gear I'm roasting the tires from about any speed.

Users who are viewing this thread