Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

Stanger00

Established Member
You not locking the converter? What are you revving too?

There is no slip once that is locked. I blow thru my converter a little as the rpms drop around 500 when it is locked up in 3rd gear. The tune has it locking around 95mph.

I have 3.73 gears and with 315/35/17 tires I have gone 128 in the 1/4 with rpm left in it. I think the calculator has it at 133-135 at 7k rpms.

TClark22

Established Member
You not locking the converter? What are you revving too?

There is no slip once that is locked. I blow thru my converter a little as the rpms drop around 500 when it is locked up in 3rd gear. The tune has it locking around 95mph.

I have 3.73 gears and with 315/35/17 tires I have gone 128 in the 1/4 with rpm left in it. I think the calculator has it at 133-135 at 7k rpms.

No we didn't lock the converter. I don't know the specs of the converter or trans well enough to lock it up WOT.

Stanger00

Established Member
I just watched the video and it blew right thru that converter. Looked like it neutral revved, haha.

When you get it loaded up on the street it's going to pull hard.

Do the math for percent of slip and see if your converter meets the limits of what racers like.

TClark22

Established Member
I just watched the video and it blew right thru that converter. Looked like it neutral revved, haha.

When you get it loaded up on the street it's going to pull hard.

Do the math for percent of slip and see if your converter meets the limits of what racers like.

Yea one of the guys did a quick calc while i was there. Estimating 20-25% slip. So once i get the rear end built with a proper gear...we'll visit the converter again and see just how bad it is. Then i guess I'll be down again while i ship the converter to be reworked.

19935.slow

Established Member
Dropping the trans to get the converter right can suck, but your pretty close to the light at the end of the tunnel. Of all things doing the converter right will be the best thing you could have done. Keep it up man, not long now.

Papyote

sway bar

Awesome work, the car looks amazing and the single turbo setup puts that car in to beast mode. I was wondering if you were able to keep the sway bar or did the setup dint allow it?

Thank you.

TClark22

Established Member
Awesome work, the car looks amazing and the single turbo setup puts that car in to beast mode. I was wondering if you were able to keep the sway bar or did the setup dint allow it?

Thank you.

No front swap bar. Didn't plan on running one since a straight line car but wouldn't fit with the piping and junk. Not sure if i had room when it was N/a.

Haven't updated this in a while...for reason i suppose. I've been waiting to get my rear end build, my guy has been really busy. But the latest is that I am yanking the 4r70 out to have it looked through and rebuilt/fixed...its making some funny noises that i don't like.

So yet another couple months before i can hit the track in this thing. It is quite literally killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread