Turbo Build...04 Coyote Swap GT

TClark22

Established Member
Well...it has begun. Finally slapping a turbo on my GT. Got to drive the shit out of the coyote N/a and it was a blast. Went a best of 12.14 @ 115 w/ 1.78 60' on 18" drag radials...my original plan was to buy a house and hold off on the turbo build til next winter or so and just do suspension and other cheaper upgrades to better my N/a time...well you know how that goes. lol looks like I'll be living with mom a little while longer.

So this will be a single turbo build. Turbo of choice is a Borg Warner S476R billet wheel, 87mm turbine wheel with 1.10 A/R. This will be a complete custom build except for the headers from CG fab. CG made the headers so that I can still run power steering and A/C while still having forward facing headers. This time around to keep fab time down, I am just doing down pipe right out the side of the bumper...something I always hated but have grown to like more and more. However, eventually this thing will get full exhaust.

Turbo has been ordered.
Headers are already here thanks to CG Fab, drivers side test fitted, haven't gotten to dropping the K to get to the passenger side yet.
Hot side piping is ordered for headers to turbo. Some good Ol 304 stainless mandrel bends ready to be cut up and welded together.

Everyone might have followed my Coyote Swap thread...but here is how it looked when we finished back in august and how it looked until this past weekend.

And it begins...

More to come! As you can tell the drivers side fits with TONS of room to spare. Good job CG Fab! However it looks rather tight on the passenger side to fit around the A/C compressor!

How I left it on sunday...My helper, aka my younger brother Dillon had to leave to go back to school so I wasn't up for dropping the k member by myself to tackle the drivers side header!

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
Been waiting for the start of this thread. I really need to stop buying firearms, so I can get started on mine. I have put it off for months.

nosscort

Established Member
I would think a 4" down pipe will be needed with that size turbo for back pressure reasons..:shrug: :shrug:

TClark22

Established Member
Damn!
Finishes Coyote swap,then 2 days later starts the Turbo build thread.

haha I know, right? I at least drove it 1500-2000 miles before parking it again! lol

Been waiting for the start of this thread. I really need to stop buying firearms, so I can get started on mine. I have put it off for months.

I hear you there...I've got that bug as well. Just bought an AR back at the end of December...and I really want a new handgun too. Something cheap in 9mm, thinking g19 or similar.

Gravik

Established Member
I would think a 4" down pipe will be needed with that size turbo for back pressure reasons..:shrug: :shrug:

Most of the BW S476 and S480 turbo builds I've seen are LS cars and they run a T6 version with a 5" downpipe.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Very nice Tanner! When do you expect to be done? Is Jeremy helping on this portion of the build too?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I hate you so much. Yes I am jealous. My plan eventually for my car is to run the S476 as well, lemme know how you like it.

I seriously love this build, it is exactly how I'd do a New Edge if I had one again. Good luck man, coming along extremely nicely and I can't wait to see it finished.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Damn, this is going to be awesome! I'll have a similar setup within a couple years. I decided to check out CG Fab, just being curious as to what those headers might cost, and I find this: http://www.cgfabrication.com/shop/a...BqsQwK3qaXiq5XI&shop_param=cid=36&aid=62.003&

HJJd7PP.png

To each their own, but that sounds like a damn good deal. Even with the upgrades it's still fairly priced in my book.

I'll have to bookmark their site.

Users who are viewing this thread