Transgender wrestler wins state championship

rborden

Established Member
I'm fine with using birth certificates to determine which class you wrestle in. However, if you're currently taking banned substances in order to transition from one gender to another, you should be disqualified from competing. It's pretty simple.

Don't punish the kid, the Texas UIL created this issue by refusing to allow this transgender person to wrestle in the boys class when they required everyone to wrestle in the class of their gender of birth. He wanted to wrestle the boys and was not allowed to do so.

Texas UIL rules state that if the taking of a substance is done under the supervision care of a licensed physician then no rules are being violated and hormone replacement therapy isn't considered a banned substance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...at-state-championship/?utm_term=.4a501bf15fcd

The NCAA and International Olympic Committees both have similar policies in place but allow the person to compete in the class of the gender they identify with. The NCAA requires a minimum one year on hormones before you are allowed to compete and the IOC requires two years.

bglf83

Established Member
Don't punish the kid, the Texas UIL created this issue by refusing to allow this transgender person to wrestle in the boys class when they required everyone to wrestle in the class of their gender of birth. He wanted to wrestle the boys and was not allowed to do so.

Texas UIL rules state that if the taking of a substance is done under the supervision care of a licensed physician then no rules are being violated and hormone replacement therapy isn't considered a banned substance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...at-state-championship/?utm_term=.4a501bf15fcd

The NCAA and International Olympic Committees both have similar policies in place but allow the person to compete in the class of the gender they identify with. The NCAA requires a minimum one year on hormones before you are allowed to compete and the IOC requires two years.
I do not blame the kid as much as the parents. Also Texas should have blocked for performance enhancing drugs.

I do not think it is ok to push this garbage on developing, confused minors. One day after all this, that chick is going to wake up and think WTF mom and dad.

nxhappy

Established Member
this gender bullshit is getting way out of hand. you have a dick, piss in the mens room. same should be applied for school sports. can't believe we have to talk about this shit it makes me ****ing sick to my stomach ....

rborden

Established Member
I do not blame the kid as much as the parents. Also Texas should have blocked for performance enhancing drugs.

I do not think it is ok to push this garbage on developing, confused minors. One day after all this, that chick is going to wake up and think WTF mom and dad.

That's a separate issue all of its own though. The State of Texas and the UIL are to blame for this current conundrum with their current backwards policies.

Kids with epilepsy, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and Down Syndrome each make up less than 1% of the population, should we build seperate restrooms for them and treat them differently too?

The people saying that transgender people make up less than 1% and shouldnt be appeased are probably the same ones that came from families with parents and grandparents who were resistant to the desegregation of blacks. The current protections that are in place for transgender people exist because people can't do the right thing to begin with.

I dont care what you do or how you live your life so long as you arent breaking any laws or hurting someone else. It neither affects me or bothers me.

I trust that doctors in the medical profession know more about transition, hormones and transgender people than any of us do. I'm no doctor and I'm no psychologist and no I dont understand the whole transgender thing, but it's not my place to understand it. I just treat a human being like a human being. With respect.

I'm a fairly laid back guy. I just dont understand how people who live in the same country can hate each other so much over things that dont even concern them.

Quite a few very insecure people in this thread.

nxhappy

Established Member
That's a separate issue all of its own though. The State of Texas and the UIL are to blame for this current conundrum with their current backwards policies.

Kids with epilepsy, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and Down Syndrome each make up less than 1% of the population, should we build seperate restrooms for them and treat them differently too?

The people saying that transgender people make up less than 1% and shouldnt be appeased are probably the same ones that came from families with parents and grandparents who were resistant to the desegregation of blacks. The current protections that are in place for transgender people exist because people can't do the right thing to begin with.

I dont care what you do or how you live your life so long as you arent breaking any laws or hurting someone else. It neither affects me or bothers me.

I trust that doctors in the medical profession know more about transition, hormones and transgender people than any of us do. I'm no doctor and I'm no psychologist and no I dont understand the whole transgender thing, but it's not my place to understand it. I just treat a human being like a human being. With respect.

I'm a fairly laid back guy. I just dont understand how people who live in the same country can hate each other so much over things that dont even concern them.

I smell a snowflake in the air ........................

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid. We aren't asking for separate bathrooms for people with illness.

The biggest argument for most of the people I know personally (I know, anecdotal at best) is that the line of scrimmage has been moved from outside the bathroom to inside the bathroom. As a man, if you are a chick and want to piss in the men's room, most of us just don't care. However, we have small kids, wives, sisters, etc... who are victimized in public bathrooms regularly. In a school near us, just recently, 2 adult men raped a 14 yo girl that they ambushed in the ladies room. Instead of questioning these guys on the way in, we question the victims on the way out.

Another issue is, its widely accepted in the mental heath industry that homosexuality and the desire to be a sex other than which you are born, are directly linking to mental disorder. Instead of using Federal or State law to adjust the entire nation's behavior to accommodate 0.04% of the population, we should be focusing on the fact that there is an underlying cause of behavior.

And don't try to say I'm some kind of bigot, because that isn't going to happen. The national suicide rate in the US is about 0.013% compared to 40% among the LGBTQ community. As well as confirmed mental health issues in the LGBTQ community being at an alarming 65% in 2013 (most recent finding I located).

The bottom line is, it has nothing to do with hate from our end and everything to do with concern for the privacy and safety of family members we love and the fact that we are ignoring a massive mental health issue that is being catered to by cosmetic surgeons looking to get rich and hardcore Leftest Democrats looking for votes.

So, if you want to stick you head in the sand and take the position you do... great, knock yourself out, but don't come in hear acting like you know what's going on in the hearts and minds of the rest of us.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Next time a woman tells me she can do everything i can. Im gonna ask her if she can piss standing up without getting it all over her legs

rborden

Established Member
I'm sorry, but this is just stupid. We aren't asking for separate bathrooms for people with illness.

The biggest argument for most of the people I know personally (I know, anecdotal at best) is that the line of scrimmage has been moved from outside the bathroom to inside the bathroom. As a man, if you are a chick and want to piss in the men's room, most of us just don't care. However, we have small kids, wives, sisters, etc... who are victimized in public bathrooms regularly. In a school near us, just recently, 2 adult men raped a 14 yo girl that they ambushed in the ladies room. Instead of questioning these guys on the way in, we question the victims on the way out.

I never said you were asking for separate bathrooms. You missed the point entirely. The point being we cant build separate bathrooms for every separate group of people. It is simply not feasible.

Men raping teenagers in bathrooms has nothing to do with transgender people using bathrooms. It almost sounds as if you're saying it is ok to blame transgender people and hold them accountable for a man raping someone in a bathroom.

Two weeks ago a Republican from Oklahoma was found in a hotel room having sex with an underage minor.
5a521187f773d48d372cf277d1de6ea1.jpg

But not one verified documented case of any transgender person attacking someone in a restroom has ever surfaced.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ual-misconduct-in-bathrooms-than-trans-people

But keep ignoring the real problem and alienating a group of people that has done no wrong for no good reason other than ignorance.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Sorry, I don't think wanting a person to compete physically against people of the same gender as their birth is a "backwards policy."

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I never said you were asking for separate bathrooms. You missed the point entirely. The point being we cant build separate bathrooms for every separate group of people. It is simply not feasible.

Men raping teenagers in bathrooms has nothing to do with transgender people using bathrooms. It almost sounds as if you're saying it is ok to blame transgender people and hold them accountable for a man raping someone in a bathroom.

Two weeks ago a Republican from Oklahoma was found in a hotel room having sex with an underage minor.
5a521187f773d48d372cf277d1de6ea1.jpg

But not one verified documented case of any transgender person attacking someone in a restroom has ever surfaced.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ual-misconduct-in-bathrooms-than-trans-people

But keep ignoring the real problem and alienating a group of people that has done no wrong for no good reason other than ignorance.

Wrong answer... you are completely missing my point, not the inverse. My complaints have nothing to do with Transgender people. You completely diverted in a total different direction, claimed I said something I didn't, and then attacked me for something I didn't say! Are you sure you're not a Democrat?

I am not blaming the transgender population for the crimes of others. I am blaming the government for forcing 310,000,000 people to change their behavior and making it easier for criminals to do bad things, all to accommodate a generous estimate of 1.4 million people.

I used the recent rape I mentioned above as an example of what I am talking about. Instead of being able to question two adult men walking into the women's room, its now a hate crime to say something to someone walking in the men's room, even though they are clearly not transgender. All they have to say is they ID as a woman, and its a hate crime.

That same mindset is why my healthcare insurance went from $8,900 a year and no deductible to $35,000 a year with an $8,000 annual deductible. And the net gain was about 200,000 new people have healthcare coverage that didn't before.

The government has no business meddling in this stuff. This has ZERO to do with transgender people and is completely about the government overstepping their bounds.

Do you understand now?

EDIT: Read this. This is good example of what I am talking about.

http://patriotupdate.com/biological-man-womens-bathroom-disney-sign-decaying-america/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread