Totaled Cobra...Buying an H2

alexZ06

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
I dont feel the Cobra is a competitor to exotics. I dont think the corvette HAS any competitors, but if I had to glump it into a genre of cars, I would say its closer to an exotic than it is to a musclecar/ponycar. If it had a mid engine and about 200 more hp and tq, it would be a spot on match. The cobras competitors are all extinct. There are no other ponycars. We are like the last dinosaur roaming a planet thrown into nuclear winter by an asteroid.

So...like the vette, we are forced to dip into other genres of automobile to find anyone to compete against...unless we race ourselves.

Interesting take...

I feel that anything with a motor and ability to drive on the street is potentially a competitor. Why does it have to similar to my own car?

Are you saying you wouldnt race a sport bike? a modified 300 HP Honda Civic? A 700 HP Porsche SUV? A stock Ferrari Enzo? Why not?

As you may or may not have picked up on...I dont own a corvette for "the image" ;-)

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
No no...I'm merely talking about the automotive industry and why they choose to make one car or another, since that's what this thread has turned into. In my opinion, the H2 was almost as stupid of an idea as the porsche cayenne. Someone was smoking crack from fresh off the greedy tree at GM that day. But I will race any vehicle whether its an automotive industry competitor to mine or not. What have I proven if I race an Acura RSX and walk 20 car lengths ahead of it? Nothing...because that's what my car is SUPPOSED to do against an Acura RSX. NO need to pat Ford on the back for that one.

This comes down to expectations. I dont EXPECT to beat an Enzo. I DO expect to beat a Camaro. This is how we gauge our cars place in the great foodchain of the automotive industry.

Last edited:

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
Since I am new here I will say this as respectfully as I can....

CobraBob....you have been here alot longer than I have but IN THIS THREAD it looks like the age old "sold my old car so now I will bad mouth it" syndrome. It seems you would side with anyone that came in here just to put a Cobra down. I am not sure why this happens...maybe it is because you are driving an SUV now and really do regret it so you have to belittle your old car? Anyway...no disrespect, I am just not sure why you would want to stay here when you seem like you have such a negative regard for cobra owners. If I am wrong about this and got the wrong idea....sorry.

Z06 guy: Nice car (no sarcasm). I like the "bring it" comment when you have no idea what the others you are talking to have done to their cars (sarcasm). I hope to "bring it" to a Z06 or two after some mods.....

I personally believe you should drive whatever makes you happy....even if it is a junk @ss GM! (I am kidding.....don't get your panties in a bunch!)

Last edited:

alexZ06

Established Member
No no...I'm merely talking about the automotive industry and why they choose to make one car or another, since that's what this thread has turned into. In my opinion, the H2 was almost as stupid of an idea as the porsche cayenne. Someone was smoking crack from fresh off the greedy tree at GM that day. But I will race any vehicle whether its an automotive industry competitor to mine or not. What have I proven if I race an Acura RSX and walk 20 car lengths ahead of it? Nothing...because that's what my car is SUPPOSED to do against an Acura RSX.

This comes down to expectations. I dont EXPECT to beat an Enzo. I DO expect to beat a Camaro. This is how we gauge our cars place in the great foodchain of the automotive industry.

I see.

This is the comment that lead me to my previous post:

"So...like the vette, we are forced to dip into other genres of automobile to find anyone to compete against...unless we race ourselves. "

Your expectations of a car are pointless these days. So what if the factory didnt design a RSX to compete with a Cobra. Such a large number of people modify their cars, you never know what the other guys got. Thats what makes running into other cars on the street fun, remember?

p.s. Stop editing your posts after I've replied! :p

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
If a modded RSX can hang with a bone stock Cobra, Ford has not done their job.

We are sort of combining two issues here...what the automakers are putting out the door...and what potential those cars have after we owners have gotten ahold of them.

I paid my admission, and am ready for the show...if someone thinks their modded RSX or H2 or Cayenne wants a peice of this car...BRING IT....

LOL :D

alexZ06

Established Member
Originally posted by impulsive1

Z06 guy: Nice car (no sarcasm). I like the "bring it" comment when you have no idea what the others you are talking to have done to their cars (sarcasm). I hope to "bring it" to a Z06 or two after some mods.....

Thats my whole point! The guy was downing another car that quite possibly could out perform his, so I made my comment. Win or lose, theres always a faster car somewhere.

If I lose to a Civic, Cobra, Z06, or Enzo...whatever. Its all inspiration in the name of speed.

alexZ06

Established Member

I paid my admission, and am ready for the show...if someone thinks their modded RSX or H2 or Cayenne wants a peice of this car...BRING IT....

LOL :D

Exactly! :-D

BCM

Established Member
I do like the design of the H2, I just wish they would put a Duramax in it with some 1 ton axles underneath it and sell it for the price that they do now. THEN they would have a winner IMHO.:coolman:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by alexZ06
Bob, you sound like a good guy. Thanks for bringing some rationale to this discussion. The modded Cayenne Turbos are the ones you have to watch out for. More of the owners than you think wont even flinch at dropping 40 large on having ~200 extra HP.

http://www.ortonusa.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=01.14.300.TCA650

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...&DoThis=Porsche+Cayenne+Turbo&ActionReq=Where

etc.
Wow! Not a cheap upgrade, but if you can afford the Cayenne in the first place why not kick it up a notch. LOL! Boy, can you imagine 600-650 hp in an SUV. Close to being the ultimate sleeper. :lol1:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by impulsive1
CobraBob....you have been here alot longer than I have but IN THIS THREAD it looks like the age old "sold my old car so now I will bad mouth it" syndrome. It seems you would side with anyone that came in here just to put a Cobra down. I am not sure why this happens...maybe it is because you are driving an SUV now and really do regret it so you have to belittle your old car? Anyway...no disrespect, I am just not sure why you would want to stay here when you seem like you have such a negative regard for cobra owners. If I am wrong about this and got the wrong idea....sorry.
You definitely have the wrong idea! LOL! I am still a Cobra fan. But...there are a lot of other great cars out there, some that are better than the Cobra. It bugs me when someone with a Cobra (or any car for that matter) rags on someone else just because they drive a Chevy. Or a Dodge. Or an import. I respect them all. Guess that is why I love car shows so much. A showcase of many makes and models. Each a jewel to their owners. ;-)

When I sold my Cobra many asked if I would leave this forum, and I said, "no way". Made too many friends here and have too much of a love for these cars. That said, I am totally content with my new ride, though. That, of course, doesn't mean I don't love Cobras. I'll just enjoy them through others. Which is why I'm going to the NMRA event at Atco in August and to the FFW up in Epping, NH a week later. I'll get my fill of Cobras and other Stangs at both. Can't wait!

craigery

Established Member
H2...now there's a winner. I mean, weiner! I hate those things. If you're going to get a big suv get the original. The H1 is where its at. There is an H1 in Lansing that has a stick on the back bumper that says, "Attach stuck or broken H2 here."

dougwg

Established Member
I don't like them at all.... but to each his own

I like this pic
1244-1.jpg

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
I appreciate all the inputs from you guys, for those of you how felt the need to try to be assholes, then say what you will, it speaks of your character. I personally really like the H2 and so far they have a decent resale. I am not telling you this to justify my imminent purhcase, but there is logic in what I am thinking. I found an '04 in pewter loaded that is 43k. I will get about 33k for my car, finance 10k for 5 years and I drive an H2 for $160 a month. Pay it off in 2 and a half years and I have a decent trade in on an '07 Cobra.

Last edited:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyMac72
i think bob has some brown stuff on his nose

You abviously don't know Bob, he is very well liked and respected here. Just because he didn't jump on the bash-a-chebby bandwagon, doesn't mean he is a brownnoser.

Users who are viewing this thread