Totaled Cobra...Buying an H2

99GTP guy

Established Member
I like the H2's. So what if they get bad gas mileage. Boo hoo. Im sure if you can afford an H2 you can afford the gas. I think they look cool.

You probably don't need your own personal hummvee but then again you don't need a 500hp street car when the speed limit is 75mph.

I say get what you want!

99GTP guy

Established Member
Originally posted by BCM
I like the pickup version of the H2. But unfortunately it reflects the same image as a Corvette driver.

I didn't know by hoping in a car and turning the key you automatically get an "image"

If I see someone in an H2 I say "hey cool hes got an H2" I don't judge anyone by the car they drive. :loser:

BCM

Established Member
Originally posted by 99GTP guy
I didn't know by hoping in a car and turning the key you automatically get an "image"

If I see someone in an H2 I say "hey cool hes got an H2" I don't judge anyone by the car they drive. :loser:

Actually, by hopping (that's 2 p's) into any one of those rides you do automatically get an image. Because there is just no other reason to drive an H2 or a Vette other than to gain one. :loser:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Oh...so you stop each person you pass on the road and get to know them?

News Flash:

Anything and everything you do gives you an "image". The things you do, clothes you wear, way you talk, and car you drive are often the ONLY thing those around you have to judge you on.

Last edited:

BCM

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Oh...so you stop each person you pass on the road and get to know them?

News Flash:

Anything and everything you do gives you an "image". The things you do, clothes you wear, way you talk, and car you drive are often the ONLY thing those around you have to judge you on.

I agree!!!!

99GTP guy

Established Member
BCM- Were just trying to say don't judge a book by its cover.

You might wear a really gay shirt one day and someone you don't know will look at you and say "Well the only reason he could be wearing that shirt is because he's gay. But you are a really cool guy.....

Turns out that it was the only clean shirt you had because you were doing laundry that day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Get an H1 so people are actually impressed instead of filled with pity for you.

Boxster = The porsche for people who cant afford a porsche
H2 = The hummer for people who cant afford a hummer.
:nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I looked at the H2 last year. You get a lot of vehicle for your money. Heck, the H2 is twice the vehicle of the original (on the street) for half the price. My wife loves them. Just a tad too big for my taste. But definitely a nice vehicle. Best of luck with it. I'm enjoying my '02 Infiniti QX4 and don't miss the Cobra at all. It was fun, but this is so much more practical. JMO.

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
the ONLY reason too own a corvette is to get an image? how bout the image of one of the best performance/dollar cars in the world? or how about the image of out handling your mustang?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BCM
Actually, by hopping (that's 2 p's) into any one of those rides you do automatically get an image. Because there is just no other reason to drive an H2 or a Vette other than to gain one. :loser:
Now that is one of the silly comments I've ever heard. :rollseyes
Most people buy a car because it appeals to them. Plain and simple. I'll agree that some do buy just for image, but they're the minority. What you WILL see, though, is some people getting an attitude because they think what they are driving is the only car worth driving. :lol1:

Again.......great choice on that H2. Doesn't matter what others think about it. You're the one driving it. Happy motoring. :beer:

WS.6 Man

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the Cobra. My parents were strongly thinking of buying a H2 last year. I went and test drove one and tried to work out a deal for a new one. They are fun to drive, the only thing I disliked was it was hard to park. The H2 is not that long, but they are wide. They offered us almost $4K Off MSRP for the fully loaded Lux Model. And the dealerships seemed desperate to sell them. All the Hummer Dealers I have seen have a lot of H2 sitting on their lots, so if you shop around you might get a good deal on a new one. I came close to buying the H2 for myself for work purpose, to take out customers and suppliers. But in my heart I am a "car guy", so I decided to go with a 4 door sports sedan.

Anyways good luck with the Hummer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BlueSHO
the ONLY reason too own a corvette is to get an image? how bout the image of one of the best performance/dollar cars in the world? or how about the image of out handling your mustang?
So true! My son-in-law has a '90 red convertible convette. It's a sweet ride. As far as image.............he had one BEFORE he bought the car. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by WS.6 Man
Sorry to hear about the Cobra. My parents were strongly thinking of buying a H2 last year. I went and test drove one and tried to work out a deal for a new one. They are fun to drive, the only thing I disliked was it was hard to park. The H2 is not that long, but they are wide. They offered us almost $4K Off MSRP for the fully loaded Lux Model. And the dealerships seemed desperate to sell them. All the Hummer Dealers I have seen have a lot of H2 sitting on their lots, so if you shop around you might get a good deal on a new one. I came close to buying the H2 for myself for work purpose, to take out customers and suppliers. But in my heart I am a "car guy", so I decided to go with a 4 door sports sedan.

Anyways good luck with the Hummer.
How much did they quote you on that one? If I remember right, aren't they in the $49,000. - $55,000. range?

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
A rebuilt salvaged Cobra sitting under flood waters for 2 weeks is probably more reliable than a brand new H2. But at least you'll get the thumbs up from all the ghetto savages when crusing through their hood and getting a solid 5mpg. Don't forget the 22"inch spinners and multiple amplifiers. Aigggght.....peace.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
A rebuilt salvaged Cobra sitting under flood waters for 2 weeks is probably more reliable than a brand new H2. But at least you'll get the thumbs up from all the ghetto savages when crusing through their hood and getting a solid 5mpg. Don't forget the 22"inch spinners and multiple amplifiers. Aigggght.....peace.
5 mpg? LOL! I'll assume you're joking because they actually get around 13. Not great. But not much less than any other full-size SUV.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by BlueSHO

The corvette is an exotic that has such poor performance for the exotic realm, it has to go pick on musclecars to beat anyone. If it tried to compete with other exotics, it would get its ass handed to it all day long. It's sad. If you're gonna be a 2 seat sports car 45" tall, then you better be prepared to take a chunk out of a Diablo or Enzo or any of those other cars that end with o.

Corvette = The Little Exotic that Can't

:burn:

Last edited:

BCM

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Now that is one of the silly comments I've ever heard. :rollseyes
Most people buy a car because it appeals to them. Plain and simple. I'll agree that some do buy just for image, but they're the minority. What you WILL see, though, is some people getting an attitude because they think what they are driving is the only car worth driving. :lol1:

Again.......great choice on that H2. Doesn't matter what others think about it. You're the one driving it. Happy motoring. :beer:

Each to their own.

If I wanted a car to autocross I would buy a Vette because that is what it is best at.

If I want to rock-crawl I would buy an H1 because that is what it is best at.

If I wanted to pose I would buy an H2 because it is NOT any more off road capable than the suburban frame and motor thats beneath it. AND it costs $20K more. It was made for the people who like the LOOK of the H1 w/ out the $120K price tag.

I wanted a straight line, bang for the buck, UNDERSTATED, kick a&& car, that is why I have a Cobra and love every minute of it.

BCM

Established Member

You might wear a really gay shirt one day and someone you don't know will look at you and say "Well the only reason he could be wearing that shirt is because he's gay. But you are a really cool guy.....

Turns out that it was the only clean shirt you had because you were doing laundry that day.

If it was a $50,000 shirt I and everybody knew it was a $50,000 shirt, would that make it necessary to wear it?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member

Are you saying that gay guys are not cool people? Isn't that kind of judging a book by its cover? LOL.

Practice what you preach and you'll be amazed how many more people will start caring what you have to say.:bored:

Last edited:

03miamisnake

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
5 mpg? LOL! I'll assume you're joking because they actually get around 13. Not great. But not much less than any other full-size SUV.

I have discussed this with 4-5 owners and they say 9-11 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread