Totaled Cobra...Buying an H2

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Well, I am fairly certain my car is totaled. On a good note, it was paid off. I got the title about 2 weeks ago. Found a 2003 H2 w/17k on the clock for 40k. Fair market value for my car should be ~ 28-30k based on what my insurance is telling me. Had lots of fun in the snake but I don't want to go thru all the stuff with all the mods again. If it is totaled I will move on to something different, not better, just different.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Another reason for the H2, resale seems to be pretty good, I will have the balance paid off by the time the new snakes come out. Trade it in on one of those.

fubu795

Banned
My girlfriend works at the largest GM dealer in PA. They had there grand opening few months back and for the event, that drove a H1 and H2 up this dirty mud hill for the media and spectators. Once the day was over the H1 came down fine, they got the H2 stuck. Had to get a tow truck from the top of the hill to tow it back up, obviously no off-road characteristics of the H1 :)

fubu795

Banned
And on top of that, the dealership my GF works at has had several come back due to fires because of wiring problems.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
h2 is the ultimate poseur vehicle. its a gmc half ton pickup underneath. none of what makes a hummer a hummer, with the exception of being slow and large. Try a civillian-spec humvee instead.

http://www.fuh2.com/

Repeat after me:

I don't need a 4 ton SUV. I don't need a 4 ton SUV. I can't believe people buy these things.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
Bad fuel mileage and it's not even fast.

2814v, I know that it gets bad mileage and is not fast, but I have a 2004 Hayabusa that meets both those requirements. I am really bummed about my snake tho, I waited for 2 years to buy one on the rumor that there was going to be a 10th Anniversay s/c model. There was, I bought it, did the mods, totaled it. I am not going to go thru all that stuff again right now. I will wait till the next gen cobras come out and then buy one of those, in the interim, I will prolly buy and H2 or a Land Rover.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
smokedbystang, I am not sure what they will let me have off the car, I am not really sure how this works. If they will let me have it, I will be selling stuff.

BCM

Established Member
I like the pickup version of the H2. But unfortunately it reflects the same image as a Corvette driver.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Get an H1 so people are actually impressed instead of filled with pity for you.

Boxster = The porsche for people who cant afford a porsche
H2 = The hummer for people who cant afford a hummer.

Last edited:

stang007

Established Member
H2....been there, done that! traded it for my cobra after 6 mos. If I'm gonna get 10 miles to the gallon, I wanna go fast doin it!

03miamisnake

Established Member
The H2 is a joke. Not only is it slow and gets terrible gas mileage, which has already been discussed, the interior is small and everything feels like it is going to break (a lot of plastic). GM thought they were going to sell 40,000 of them this year and now they have revised their estimates to < 30,000. There was a radio station down here that actually gave one away everyday for a month because dealers have excess inventory. A friend of mine almost got one earlier this year, but came to his senses once he actually drove one and got a GMC Yukon XL Denali for about the same price ($50k). He has absolutely no regrets about his decision. Just my $.02.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Buy what you want!!!!!
It's your money.
Who is your insurance company, and how totaled is the poor 10th.
Glad to hear your ok.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread