Totaled Cobra...Buying an H2

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
the H2, is a waste of gas.. Go to the hummer site, and pull up the specs.. then go to chevy, and pull up the specs for the suburban.. they are both the same. i did this not too long ago, to prove someone wrong.. i personally think they are ugly as hell too. now the H1s, thats a different story.

alexZ06

Established Member
You guys act like H1s are god. Call me crazy but that would be THE LAST vehicle I would choose to drive everyday. At least the H2 rides nice. At least the H2 runs on standard fuel (no matter how often you have to refill). The H2 is just like any other domestic SUV you see on the road, but it seems to generate a hell of a lot more hate.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I dont hate it as much as the Porsche SUV. At least its an SUV trying to be a better SUV...instead of an SUV trying to be a porsche. LOL

AlexZ06, thanks for proving my point:

I'll repeat myself in case you missed it the first time: The corvette is an exotic that has such poor performance for the exotic realm, it has to go pick on musclecars to beat anyone. :lol:

Last edited:

alexZ06

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
I dont hate it as much as the Porsche SUV. At least its an SUV trying to be a better SUV...instead of an SUV trying to be a porsche. LOL

You dont make sense. I know a few Porsche Cayenne's that would beat your cobra from a stop or a roll. They have better ground clearance. They can fit more people comfortably. I think you are just looking at each vehicle's purpose incorrectly.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by alexZ06
Bring it.....
That's a nice looking Vette Alex. No, that's a VERY nice look Vette. What have you done to the motor? You lowered it a bit, right? Nice stance! :beer:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
You dont make sense. I know a few Porsche Cayenne's that would beat your cobra from a stop or a roll. They have better ground clearance. They can fit more people comfortably. I think you are just looking at each vehicle's purpose incorrectly.

How do you know what my cobra will do?

Quite the assumptions you're making.:rollseyes

alexZ06

Established Member

AlexZ06, thanks for proving my point:

I'll repeat myself in case you missed it the first time: The corvette is an exotic that has such poor performance for the exotic realm, it has to go pick on musclecars to beat anyone. If it tried to compete with other exotics, it would get its ass handed to it all day long. It's sad. :lol:

Since when is the Corvette an exotic? Thats quite the compliment. I've never looked at my car that way before. As far as I'm concerned its the best bang for buck performance vehicle you can buy. Boy, I see so many Enzo's on the road everyday...I'm really worried about getting my ass handed to me and all. You know both the Z06 and Enzo are in the same price range also, so it would be very embarassing.

I would retort by talking shit on your Mustang, but I wont sink to your level.

alexZ06

Established Member
yea, cuz your Z06 is really in my cobra's price range. LOL

when did I say that? what relevance does that have?

alexZ06

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
That's a nice looking Vette Alex. No, that's a VERY nice look Vette. What have you done to the motor? You lowered it a bit, right? Nice stance! :beer:

Thanks Bob ;-) Its lowered a little bit. As far as the mods, nothing out of the ordinary...just your typical bolt-ons.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
when did I say that? what relevance does that have?

That was your excuse for being slower than any other exotics...your car is cheaper. Glad that makes ya feel better.

No, seriously. I'm just fighting for the fun of it...I'll stop now. I actually think the Z06 is a badass car, so I feel silly trying to come up with insults for it. haha.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We Cobra owners (or ex-owners as in my case) tend to sometimes have blinders on. LOL!

Speaking of the Cayenne, I hate the exterior styling, but it is quick. Really quick if you get the turbo version (450/460). It does 0-62 mph in 5.6 sec and the top track speed is 165 mph. That would be approximately 0-60 in 5.4. A Cayenne S will run to 62 in 7.2 seconds. A Cobra will do it in under 5 seconds. So as fast as they are, it would be very difficult, for a Cayenne Turbo to beat an '03/'04 Cobra from a start OR a roll. Unless the Cobra driver is pretty bad. It isn't a sports car, but for those who want an SUV with the genes of a pure sports car, this is it. Not for me, though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob ;-) Its lowered a little bit. As far as the mods, nothing out of the ordinary...just your typical bolt-ons.
Well, wish you were local. I'd love to see it. Nice job.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since when is the Corvette an exotic? Thats quite the compliment. I've never looked at my car that way before. As far as I'm concerned its the best bang for buck performance vehicle you can buy. Boy, I see so many Enzo's on the road everyday...I'm really worried about getting my ass handed to me and all. You know both the Z06 and Enzo are in the same price range also, so it would be very embarassing.

I would retort by talking shit on your Mustang, but I wont sink to your level.
I like your attitude Alex, and respect you for it. Hope you stick around and add to our community whenever you can. :)

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Yes, it would take quite a bit more for a Cayenne to beat a 10 second modded cobra, but I suppose its possible.

alexZ06

Established Member
That was your excuse for being slower than any other exotics...your car is cheaper. Glad that makes ya feel better.

No, seriously. I'm just fighting for the fun of it...I'll stop now. I actually think the Z06 is a badass car, so I feel silly trying to come up with insults for it. haha.

I'm a fan of the Cobra too, thats why I'm a member of this board.

I just dont see what made you try to compare Corvettes to Exotics in a thread about Hummers.

How do you feel the Cobra compares to exotics??? I noticed you avoided that question earlier in the thread.

If you feel it stacks up better than the Z, I'd be glad to test that theory next time I'm in Denver. ;-)

Mystic1199

Established Member
hey u have any pics of the car after u totaled it? and would u be interested in buying it back from the insurance company and selling it for a few bucks over what u pay for it ???? i am very interested in buying from you

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I dont feel the Cobra is a competitor to exotics. I dont think the corvette HAS any competitors, but if I had to glump it into a genre of cars, I would say its closer to an exotic than it is to a musclecar/ponycar. If it had a mid engine and about 200 more hp and tq, it would be a spot on match. The cobras competitors are all extinct. There are no other ponycars. We are like the last dinosaur roaming a planet thrown into nuclear winter by an asteroid.

So...like the vette, we are forced to dip into other genres of automobile to find anyone to compete against...unless we race ourselves.

As for my personal cobra...I would race an exotic any day of the week...and I would lose on almost as many days.

Last edited:

alexZ06

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
We Cobra owners (or ex-owners as in my case) tend to sometimes have blinders on. LOL!

Speaking of the Cayenne, I hate the exterior styling, but it is quick. Really quick if you get the turbo version (450/460). It does 0-62 mph in 5.6 sec and the top track speed is 165 mph. That would be approximately 0-60 in 5.4. A Cayenne S will run to 62 in 7.2 seconds. A Cobra will do it in under 5 seconds. So as fast as they are, it would be very difficult, for a Cayenne Turbo to beat an '03/'04 Cobra from a start OR a roll. Unless the Cobra driver is pretty bad. It isn't a sports car, but for those who want an SUV with the genes of a pure sports car, this is it. Not for me, though.

Bob, you sound like a good guy. Thanks for bringing some rationale to this discussion. The modded Cayenne Turbos are the ones you have to watch out for. More of the owners than you think wont even flinch at dropping 40 large on having ~200 extra HP.

http://www.ortonusa.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=01.14.300.TCA650

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...&DoThis=Porsche+Cayenne+Turbo&ActionReq=Where

etc.

Users who are viewing this thread