Torque Booster Kit - only 8 PSI

lshin037

Established Member
You are not loosing that much boost with just cat deletes. With a 3.33 pulley and no wastegate you should be atleast seeing 12psi.

Just as said before, boost leak or belt slip.

If it's belt slip or boost leak, wouldn't peak pressure be the same no matter what springs used in the WG? Or no WG at all?

Tx5.0

Established Member
If it's belt slip or boost leak, wouldn't peak pressure be the same no matter what springs used in the WG? Or no WG at all?

Dude, I'am not even on a wastegate with the 3.00 pulley and I still only see 10lbs. I have black dust on my head unit which tells me belt slip. Just like the rest of us with the MT82 and 3.73's not seeing as much boost as we should. I mean we can't all be having a boost leak right?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The proof is only hitting 9.5 psi with a 3.33 pulley and no wastegate setup. 3.33 pulley and 11.6 spring in the wastegate I hit 11.6psi at 6200 RPM's.

lshin037

Established Member
You could always swap the stock pulley back on the blower and see how much boost it puts out.

Like putting the stock belt and pulley back on? Honestly, I thought about it but it'd be a lot of work for little clarity. If I put everything back to stock and, say, I get 9-10 psi like I should....id still be confused as to why the 3.33, tighter belt, and WG wasn't working. And it's not like I can return it all. And then if I get a much lower boost reading, it still won't make sense if I shouldn't be losing that much pressure due to being catless. Maybe I'm misinterpreting or misunderstanding something.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
If you swap the stock pulley back on with stock belt and it boosts the same or more then the 3.33 without the WG on then you know you have belt slip with the 3.33 pulley. Have you tried to go tighter on the belt at all?

This is just something that is touchy when people start adding stuff themselves. We cant diag it over the internet when we cant see it in person.

lshin037

Established Member
If you swap the stock pulley back on with stock belt and it boosts the same or more then the 3.33 without the WG on then you know you have belt slip with the 3.33 pulley. Have you tried to go tighter on the belt at all?

This is just something that is touchy when people start adding stuff themselves. We cant diag it over the internet when we cant see it in person.

I was initially at the 4th hole from the left. Then, after confirming belt slip with you, I moved the pulley over to the middle hole and topped out the tensioner. I don't think there's anybody that has the pulley any further than that with the Gates HD 100" belt. I think I've done all I could with the belt. I sprayed belt dressing on it (couldn't find track bite locally). Also cleaned it with simple green and checked for dust again.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I was initially at the 4th hole from the left. Then, after confirming belt slip with you, I moved the pulley over to the middle hole and topped out the tensioner. I don't think there's anybody that has the pulley any further than that with the Gates HD 100" belt. I think I've done all I could with the belt. I sprayed belt dressing on it (couldn't find track bite locally). Also cleaned it with simple green and checked for dust again.

Also have tq booster, found this. Not impressed one bit. Belt is definitely as tight as it will possibly go without breaking something. Around 6mo on the setup. Starting looking into it after some weird times/traps at the track.

11256215_1610679079188333_338186782_n.jpg

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member
I have a Vortech V3 6 rib with a 2.95 pulley and a gates K060997 which is a tad smaller than the gates 100. Idler in the middle hole, and I get 13-14 psi with zero belt slip. Something is not making sense with your setup. Stock BOV as well. You might want to re due all your vacuum lines going to the BOV and gage and intake just to make sure you don't have small leak anywhere.

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
I have a Vortech V3 6 rib with a 2.95 pulley and a gates K060997 which is a tad smaller than the gates 100. Idler in the middle hole, and I get 13-14 psi with zero belt slip. Something is not making sense with your setup. Stock BOV as well.

Yes sir. It makes no sense and that's what's driving me crazy. Boost leak and/or belt slip should be consistent but I can semi-control the boost pressure changing the WG springs or removing the whole WG, which in itself is weird too. The only theory that makes sense at this point is losing boost due to no exhaust restrictions. Like mentioned earlier, some cars have lost as much as 4 lbs of boost by removing the cats and/or going with bigger headers. They are one-offs in their group. Im gonna try marking the belt in different spots...as in drawing a line on the belt everywhere that it touches a certain part of the SC pulley (like the 3.33 marking) and see if it's slipping a lot.

Angry50

Established Member
Yes sir. It makes no sense and that's what's driving me crazy. Boost leak and/or belt slip should be consistent but I can semi-control the boost pressure changing the WG springs or removing the whole WG, which in itself is weird too. The only theory that makes sense at this point is losing boost due to no exhaust restrictions. Like mentioned earlier, some cars have lost as much as 4 lbs of boost by removing the cats and/or going with bigger headers. They are one-offs in their group. Im gonna try marking the belt in different spots...as in drawing a line on the belt everywhere that it touches a certain part of the SC pulley (like the 3.33 marking) and see if it's slipping a lot.

maybe you have a little bit of both and the belt is slipping intermittently

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
IMO, I don't care how big the exhaust is, there is no way if your spinning the 3.33 to 7 to 7200 that your only seeing 9.5 psi

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Also have tq booster, found this. Not impressed one bit. Belt is definitely as tight as it will possibly go without breaking something. Around 6mo on the setup. Starting looking into it after some weird times/traps at the track.

View attachment 41882
Mine looks like that as well. Can you explain your weird times/traps a little more? How much boost are you seeing? You can pm me if you want.

Edit: I'm starting to wonder if a different size belt than the 100 is needed to get it tighter and thats why a lot of us are having problems with slip.

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
Im gonna take check for leaks as advised by gimme11s. I don't have a compressor but I have a pressure gauge with a hand pump. I'm gonna get that 4" cap from homedepot after I get off work and try it out.

lshin037

Established Member
Mine looks like that as well. Can you explain your weird times/traps a little more? How much boost are you seeing? You can pm me if you want.

Edit: I'm starting to wonder if a different size belt than the 100 is needed to get it tighter and thats why a lot of us are having problems with slip.

Mine looked like that as well. It's been a week since I cleaned with simple green and its been staying spotless. Not sure if it's a good sign or if I need to let some more time pass by.

stang910

Established Member
Have you tried removing your intake? I run the 3.33 pulley without the torque booster and I know my intake is a restriction.

lshin037

Established Member
Have you tried removing your intake? I run the 3.33 pulley without the torque booster and I know my intake is a restriction.

Hmm..that does make sense since a CAI supposedly adds 1lb of boost compared to the stock box. Funny you mentioned it cuz I just ordered a dry filter from JLT. Is it safe to run without a filter on?

Users who are viewing this thread