Torque Booster Kit - only 8 PSI

lshin037

Established Member
Changed out to the stock BOV and still at 9 psi. I don't have a compressor so I tested it out with the soap and water method and didn't see any leaks. This is getting even more confusing. Will keep updating

lshin037

Established Member
For those of you with belt slip...how does your boost gauge read? Does it peak with RPM (redline) or at a certain PSI? With the 11.6 WG spring, mine would peak at 9 psi at about 6500 and stay at 9 until 7500 or redline. Almost as if it's being bled. I switched back to the 9.7 springs and it's now peaking at 8 psi. I'm wondering if the WG is bad.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
That's how mine is peaks at 9.4 @ 6400 and holds that till red line. That's what it's supposed to do. If it was belt slip it wouldn't go past 8 when you put the bigger springs in. You can try the 13 and see if it goes up again which if it does it's not belt slip.

Are you 100% sure you have the right springs in?

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
That's how mine is peaks at 9.4 @ 6400 and holds that till red line. That's what it's supposed to do. If it was belt slip it wouldn't go past 8 when you put the bigger springs in. You can try the 13 and see if it goes up again which if it does it's not belt slip.

Are you 100% sure you have the right springs in?

That's how mine peaks which leads me to believe it's the WG. Just be sure I googled the spring chart to check for consistency and made sure to put the right springs.

lshin037

Established Member
This the chart I'm referring to

TiAL-MVR-Spring-Chart.JPG

lshin037

Established Member
So I completely removed the WG setup and put the stock pipe on. Made a pull and it peaked at 9.5 psi. I checked again for belt dust (cleaned it with simple green a few days ago) on the balancer, by the headunit pulley, and the pulley right below the headunit pulley. Previously I had a lot of accumulation on the balancer and the pulley right below the headunit. I found zero dust on the balancer and very small amounts of regular dust (not as dark as belt dust) on the pulley below the headunit. There are definitely too many variables (hot weather, less exhaust restriction , etc...) and the fact that boost pressure is only a measure of restriction as previously mentioned. I'm going to data log and send it to Lund to see if everything is ok. I might just drive it like this and keep the wastegate setup in case boost creeps up in the winter or just sell it.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
So I completely removed the WG setup and put the stock pipe on. Made a pull and it peaked at 9.5 psi. I checked again for belt dust (cleaned it with simple green a few days ago) on the balancer, by the headunit pulley, and the pulley right below the headunit pulley. Previously I had a lot of accumulation on the balancer and the pulley right below the headunit. I found zero dust on the balancer and very small amounts of regular dust (not as dark as belt dust) on the pulley below the headunit. There are definitely too many variables (hot weather, less exhaust restriction , etc...) and the fact that boost pressure is only a measure of restriction as previously mentioned. I'm going to data log and send it to Lund to see if everything is ok. I might just drive it like this and keep the wastegate setup in case boost creeps up in the winter or just sell it.

Did you swap back to a larger pulley as well?

lshin037

Established Member
No. Kept the 3.33 pulley on. I should've checked the boost pressure after I installed the cat deletes but didn't think about it at the time

92fiveohfox

Established Member
No. Kept the 3.33 pulley on. I should've checked the boost pressure after I installed the cat deletes but didn't think about it at the time

Something is off still then. The 3.3 should be making 12-14 psi.

Edit: Treed by Beef.

lshin037

Established Member
if your only seeing 9.5 with the 3.33 something is wrong, you should be seeing 12-13 psi with that pulley

Don't know what else it could be. I've been doing a lot of reading and some cars are losing anywhere between 1-4 psi just losing the cats. They were all different cars.

I got to 8psi with the 9.7lb springs, 9psi with 11.6lb springs, and 9.5psi without the WG setup. So this can't be belt slip. Checked for belt dust too. Got any tips?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You are not loosing that much boost with just cat deletes. With a 3.33 pulley and no wastegate you should be atleast seeing 12psi.

Just as said before, boost leak or belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread