Top car wash soap?

chvybeatsford

Established Member
I always wondered about this if it strips off the wax.

I don't see how it would. I use the same soap that u use in bucket..The soap to watch out for is from what I herd touch less car washes. Something about a harsher soap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Update

Been using both the Chemical guys shampoo that was recommended in this thread as well as the Optimum car wash soap and I have to say I'm very impressed with thier cleaning capabilities. I'm also impressed with Optimum's spray wax. I don't have the time or the energy anymore to wax my car and I'm impressed with these spray waxes out there. Meguiars has a real nice one which I use. Not a fan of the Eagle One spray wax that boasts about its nanotechnology. Whoopdeedoo.

mnewxcv

Established Member
just tried meguiars wash and wax for the first time. was very happy with the results. ive read reviews that it doesnt help water bead any better than a wash, but i noticed it beads a lot better. not as good as a proper wax, but still an improvement. I use a foam gun that attaches to the hose and like the idea of getting some protection on the parts that wouldnt normally get waxed when i do it by hand, aka trim, undercarriage, wheels/tires/wheel wells, lights.

1hot281

Established Member
An easy, quick method to washing, not using 2 buckets or a foam gun:
[youtube_browser]qVTBBL8WDDM[/youtube_browser]

and a good soap:
NEW 2012 AUTO WASH

aw2012tech.gif

putting the soap directly on the mitt is not the best idea. You need the soap to be nice and sudsy to properly lift the contaminants up and off the paint to prevent scratching. You want a nice thick foaming soap, and apply it lightly to the car, don't scrub the paint with any heavy force, even with proper suds...

Last edited:
An easy, quick method to washing, not using 2 buckets or a foam gun:
[youtube_browser]qVTBBL8WDDM[/youtube_browser]

and a good soap:
NEW 2012 AUTO WASH
aw2012tech.gif

putting the soap directly on the mitt is not the best idea. You need the soap to be nice and sudsy to properly lift the contaminants up and off the paint to prevent scratching. You want a nice thick foaming soap, and apply it lightly to the car, don't scrub the paint with any heavy force, even with proper suds...

Good find Jared. :beer: I have to stop putting the soap directly on the mitt. Been doing that for the longest time.

germeezy1

Established Member
EVERYONE needs this setup so they can get out of the stone ages with there car washing BS. This is by far the best way to wash your car... not to mention it is much faster. Use a microfiber mit to wash the car after the soap is sprayed on, then power wash off and dry... done.

my car is Sterling Grey by the way... the foam goes on so thick it will paint a black car white. ive had people pull over off the road and walk up to me while i was washing my car and ask what i was using LOL!!

Chemical guys Maxi suds 2

Car Wash Shampoo Maxi Suds No Wax

MTM Foam Lance

MTM Hydro Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle | Wayfair

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

[youtube_browser]tcCR7US3NQE[/youtube_browser]

I am not worthy! I take it this car was rinsed before the soap was applied? That also eliminates the two bucket two grit guard method as well!

TX04WhiteL

Established Member
I bought a bottle of griots garage soap at the parts store. It is very thick and the suds it made were thick, way different than any other soap I've ever used. I use a wash mit and it glided across the paint better than the gold class wash I used to use. Maybe just because it's diluted more but it worked really nicely in my opinion. I need to try some other higher end soaps and report back

svt 500

Established Member
+1 I really like it. smells awesome too. been using gold class for about a year and picked this up a month or 2 ago. havent used the gold class since :banana:

same here. I go a little heavy on it but it seems to last for the body and still has good sud life left to do these pain in the butt wheels
:coolman:

Stang Lover

Established Member
mequires_zpsc2b74457.jpg

Been using it for a month - works great!

Love this stuff been using it for a while. I"m gonna switch it up though I want to try new products out. Next wash i'm gonna use is that Zymol (think that's right) it's baby blue it just looks promising on the shelf lol.

Users who are viewing this thread