Top car wash soap?

is it the fitting on the ends of the sprayer? Can you look for an adapter?

I noticed on a few of those sites they showed a list of which pressure washers or what fittings they were compatible with.

Yea it came with an extra fitting and the fitting wasn't a match with mine. I ordered it directly from the link so its my bad just assuming that it would work with all power washers.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Yea it came with an extra fitting and the fitting wasn't a match with mine. I ordered it directly from the link so its my bad just assuming that it would work with all power washers.

Can't find anything at home depot or lowes as far as fittings? Maybe you could frankenstein one up? That bums me out man, I want that foam lance that is badass!

BTW, powerwasher on the cheap http://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-...d-for-all-states-except-california-67546.html

It's not a honduh, but I hear good things about their motors and return policy

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

what fitting comes on the end of your washer and what fitting comes with the kit?

Im sure with a little google-fu or home depot fab you can make something work.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
So far i have not gotten a foam gun but this little trick may help u.

I take a bottle from my house window cleaner that hooks to a hose. Add some car wash soap (just soap) and hook it up and spray.. It suds pretty good but not near the amount of the foam gun. I do wanna try better soaps like what they use in the guns but aint got around to it yet.

b8b8ae3c-c113-5f6c.jpg

So basically my steps.

Homemade foam to loosen dirt
Rinse dirt and suds off
Two bucket
Then dry..

Hope this helps..If any one see anything wrong with this please let me know. Iv e never seen this idea posted before . Was just watching some foam vids one day ,went out to smoke and seen the bottle and figured id give it a try.

Last edited:
So far i have not gotten a foam gun but this little trick may help u.

I take a bottle from my house window cleaner that hooks to a hose. Add some car wash soap (just soap) and hook it up and spray.. It suds pretty good but not near the amount of the foam gun. I do wanna try better soaps like what they use in the guns but aint got around to it yet.

b8b8ae3c-c113-5f6c.jpg

So basically my steps.

Homemade foam to loosen dirt
Rinse dirt and suds off
Two bucket
Then dry..

Hope this helps..If any one see anything wrong with this please let me know. Iv e never seen this idea posted before . Was just watching some foam vids one day ,went out to smoke and seen the bottle and figured id give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. May just try this. :beer:

MattZ28

Established Member
Walked U Hard thanls again for all your help with this but man I sure wish those MTM guys would get with the program. Got my professional foam lance from them today and its not compatible with my power washer. There's no way for me to hook it up to mine. I really wish they would state on their purchase page that its not compatible with all power washers. I'm actually quite disappointed as I excited to use it.

I'm going to wait until next summer to buy another power washer that's compatible. Btw, which power washer are you using that has no issue hooking up to the foam lance?

Which pressure washer are you using, and is it gas or electric? There's a very simple fix...you don't need a new pressure washer, you just need the correct fitting.

Which pressure washer are you using, and is it gas or electric? There's a very simple fix...you don't need a new pressure washer, you just need the correct fitting.

Mine is electric. I gave up already. This became more complicated than I expected. I sent the item back today and I won't bother with this again until next summer. I'm a plug and play type of guy and have very little patience for stuff like this that doesn't work out of the box. I'll just buy a better power washer next year and make sure ahead of time its compatible. Thanks though. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Mine is electric. I gave up already. This became more complicated than I expected. I sent the item back today and I won't bother with this again until next summer. I'm a plug and play type of guy and have very little patience for stuff like this that doesn't work out of the box. I'll just buy a better power washer next year and make sure ahead of time its compatible. Thanks though. :beer:

whussy! a $5 part likely wouldve made it work.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
EVERYONE needs this setup so they can get out of the stone ages with there car washing BS. This is by far the best way to wash your car... not to mention it is much faster. Use a microfiber mit to wash the car after the soap is sprayed on, then power wash off and dry... done.

my car is Sterling Grey by the way... the foam goes on so thick it will paint a black car white. ive had people pull over off the road and walk up to me while i was washing my car and ask what i was using LOL!!

Chemical guys Maxi suds 2

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Wash_Shampoo_Maxi_Suds_No_Wax_p/cws_101.htm

MTM Foam Lance

http://www.wayfair.com/MTM-Hydro-Pr...2460-MHD1010&gclid=CI-C9ufq1LECFQff4AodqX8AxA

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

[youtube_browser]tcCR7US3NQE[/youtube_browser]

Thanks for the post..ordered mine and works great.. I can throw away my lawn bottle.. lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

chvybeatsford

Established Member
While at work here I can tell u its a brute force..brigs and Stratton motor.. ill get model when I get home. Its no monstor pressure washer but gets the job done..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bushguts

Established Member
EVERYONE needs this setup so they can get out of the stone ages with there car washing BS. This is by far the best way to wash your car... not to mention it is much faster. Use a microfiber mit to wash the car after the soap is sprayed on, then power wash off and dry... done.

my car is Sterling Grey by the way... the foam goes on so thick it will paint a black car white. ive had people pull over off the road and walk up to me while i was washing my car and ask what i was using LOL!!

Chemical guys Maxi suds 2

Car Wash Shampoo Maxi Suds No Wax

MTM Foam Lance

MTM Hydro Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle | Wayfair

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

[youtube_browser]tcCR7US3NQE[/youtube_browser]

I always wondered about this if it strips off the wax.

Users who are viewing this thread