Top car wash soap?

AWDLS2

Established Member
Get 2 Buckets, 2 Grit Guards, SOFT Waffle Weave MF Towels like a Cobra Guzzler HD, Foam Gun (would be nice but not necessary), 2 of either a MF Wash Mitt or other Soft Wash Mitt/Pad (one for the top half and one for the bottom half), and a nice plush MF Towel to use with your favorite Quick Detailer for touch up spots.

Research two-bucket method.

wanna get even crazier? Air dry it with a leaf blower. Your neighbors will give you weird looks but **** em, their cars all look like they wash with SOS pads and dish soap anyways.

Get 2 Buckets, 2 Grit Guards, SOFT Waffle Weave MF Towels like a Cobra Guzzler HD, Foam Gun (would be nice but not necessary), 2 of either a MF Wash Mitt or other Soft Wash Mitt/Pad (one for the top half and one for the bottom half), and a nice plush MF Towel to use with your favorite Quick Detailer for touch up spots.

You guys are way too hardcore for me. lol

I just don't have the time to do all that. I do admire the diligence that you guys have though. :beer:

walked_u_hard

Established Member
EVERYONE needs this setup so they can get out of the stone ages with there car washing BS. This is by far the best way to wash your car... not to mention it is much faster. Use a microfiber mit to wash the car after the soap is sprayed on, then power wash off and dry... done.

my car is Sterling Grey by the way... the foam goes on so thick it will paint a black car white. ive had people pull over off the road and walk up to me while i was washing my car and ask what i was using LOL!!

Chemical guys Maxi suds 2

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Car_Wash_Shampoo_Maxi_Suds_No_Wax_p/cws_101.htm

MTM Foam Lance

http://www.wayfair.com/MTM-Hydro-Pr...2460-MHD1010&gclid=CI-C9ufq1LECFQff4AodqX8AxA

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

[youtube_browser]tcCR7US3NQE[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
EVERYONE needs this setup so they can get out of the stone ages with there car washing BS. This is by far the best way to wash your car... not to mention it is much faster. Use a microfiber mit to wash the car after the soap is sprayed on, then power wash off and dry... done.

my car is Sterling Grey by the way... the foam goes on so thick it will paint a black car white. ive had people pull over off the road and walk up to me while i was washing my car and ask what i was using LOL!!

Car Wash Shampoo Maxi Suds No Wax

MTM Foam Lance

MTM Hydro Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle | Wayfair

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I dont have a pressure washer though :sadface:

Last edited:

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
For wheels and in the rare times I wash the whole car with conventional wash, I really like the Megs yellow. BUT 99.9% of the rest of the time I use Optimum No Rinse, it will change your life. No more messing with the hose and water dripping out of crevices for 3 hours after the wash. Also you can wash when under water restrictions and in cold weather. I can vacuum and dress the interior, wash the car, dress tires and trim in 1 hour. If I apply some spray sealant, add 10 more mins.

If the car is very dirty or when there is alot of grit on the back bumper, I will do a rinse down before using ONR.

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
i use Adams products. love their stuff! use Adams Car shampoo, the 2 bucket wash, and Adams detail spray. your golden!

AWDLS2

Established Member
You guys are way too hardcore for me. lol

I just don't have the time to do all that. I do admire the diligence that you guys have though. :beer:

Atleast get 1 bucket/grit guard, nice mitt, and good MF waffle weave towel. Using either a traditional car soap or Optimum No Rinse Wash and shine other wise your just gonna make your paint look terrible to be honest.

Atleast get 1 bucket/grit guard, nice mitt, and good MF waffle weave towel. Using either a traditional car soap or Optimum No Rinse Wash and shine other wise your just gonna make your paint look terrible to be honest.

Ok I'll change and give it a shot. :beer: Really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

MTM Foam Lance

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

Wow you are the man! :rockon: I have a power washer and it only gets used once a year. Thank you for linking up the products that I need. :beer:

And just to be clear...after foaming up the car like that I should be using a microfiber hand mit?

AWDLS2

Established Member
1. Rinse car with water
2. Spray foam on car and let sit for like a minute or 2 (to help lift/dirt come off your car before having your mitt rub over the paint)
3. Rinse off soap
4. Spray foam on car then go over car with wash mitt which is sitting in a bucket with soap in it
5. Rinse off soap and dry

Super easy and quick

walked_u_hard

Established Member
And just to be clear...after foaming up the car like that I should be using a microfiber hand mit?

yeah i have this, its SUPER plush and holds alot of soap suds... love it.:beer:
im a chemical guys fan boy... but there stuff is awesome.

Microfiber Wash Mitt mitten micro fiber magic cloth microtowel

Microfiberwashmittpremiumnew2.jpg

after i wash the car i use chemical guys P40 quick detailer, it is a carnuba spray on way and smells like bubble gum!! (the maxi suds soap smells like cherries)

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Automotive_Detail_Quick_Detail_Spray_and_Clay_Lube_p/wac_114_16.htm

WAC_114_16-2.jpg

1. Rinse car with water
2. Spray foam on car and let sit for like a minute or 2 (to help lift/dirt come off your car before having your mitt rub over the paint)
3. Rinse off soap
4. Spray foam on car then go over car with wash mitt which is sitting in a bucket with soap in it
5. Rinse off soap and dry

Super easy and quick

relating to the RED text: do this UNLESS its super hot out or in harsh direct sun light. as any other car wash you do not want the soap to dry on the car.

That is good info and its what i do most of the time unless im in a rush, if i am ill power wash the car and then spray the foam and then go straight to the mit... most of the big particles are taken off when you spray the car off with just water. also worth noting that my car never gets super dirty anyway.

Last edited:

AWDLS2

Established Member
relating to the RED text: do this UNLESS its super hot out or in harsh direct sun light. as any other car wash you do not want the soap to dry on the car.

That is good info and its what i do most of the time unless im in a rush, if i am ill power wash the car and then spray the foam and then go straight to the mit... most of the big particles are taken off when you spray the car off with just water. also worth noting that my car never gets super dirty anyway.

Good point:beer: But he should try to avoid those circumstances if possible and just wash in the evening but I know thats not always doable.

oldmodman

Established Member
Can't beat the foam lance, pressure washer combo.

But for soap I really like Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam.

Works great, smell great, foams super thick too.

MTM Foam Lance

0NDjp.jpg

in action....

Walked U Hard thanls again for all your help with this but man I sure wish those MTM guys would get with the program. Got my professional foam lance from them today and its not compatible with my power washer. There's no way for me to hook it up to mine. I really wish they would state on their purchase page that its not compatible with all power washers. I'm actually quite disappointed as I excited to use it.

I'm going to wait until next summer to buy another power washer that's compatible. Btw, which power washer are you using that has no issue hooking up to the foam lance?

Research two-bucket method.

wanna get even crazier? Air dry it with a leaf blower. Your neighbors will give you weird looks but **** em, their cars all look like they wash with SOS pads and dish soap anyways.

Just watched a video on the two-bucket method. Will do from now on. Thanks for the suggestion. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Walked U Hard thanls again for all your help with this but man I sure wish those MTM guys would get with the program. Got my professional foam lance from them today and its not compatible with my power washer. There's no way for me to hook it up to mine. I really wish they would state on their purchase page that its not compatible with all power washers. I'm actually quite disappointed as I excited to use it.

I'm going to wait until next summer to buy another power washer that's compatible. Btw, which power washer are you using that has no issue hooking up to the foam lance?

is it the fitting on the ends of the sprayer? Can you look for an adapter?

I noticed on a few of those sites they showed a list of which pressure washers or what fittings they were compatible with.

Users who are viewing this thread