Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know about dodges, but take it back and install that $90 pump from rock auto. Tell the dealer to call you when the oem part comes in. Then just take it back and have the oem installed.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I finally decided to actually look to see if the $200 battery I put in my son's 2015 Hyundai should have been covered under warranty last month. It was, dammit. Oh well. It would have been a PITA to wait till the service department opened on Monday and he's two hours away. Some problems are just easier to make go away by throwing a little money at them.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I don't know about dodges, but take it back and install that $90 pump from rock auto. Tell the dealer to call you when the oem part comes in. Then just take it back and have the oem installed.
I’m no mechanic. I don’t know how to do this stuff for me it would be easier to just keep the loaner.

MG0h3

Established Member
Well on the bright side you're keeping miles off the car. Considering you have a plan to trade it in that's not a terrible thing.

Still, 6 months is crazy.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I just waited over 3 months for a set of rocker arms from Ford, the same ones that were used in every GT500 and FGT ever made. I guess that sort of thing happens

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
I just waited over 3 months for a set of rocker arms from Ford, the same ones that were used in every GT500 and FGT ever made. I guess that sort of thing happens

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I could kind of see that if they are specific to the 500 and GT which were limited production. The 6.4 is in a lot of different models though.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is the sorta thing that makes me crazy, too ocd to leave my car with the dealer waiting months on parts. I haven't even bothered with the airbag recall. My buddy was without his mustang for two months waiting on parts to fix his MT82, that is crazy, could not imagine a 6 mos wait on water pump! Good luck Bruno!

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
That over the weekend I heard a funny sound coming from my engine bay.

I called my dodge dealer this morning and they were very accommodating and told me to bring the car in right away. They gave me a loaner a 2017 ram truck which was a very nice gesture. I have a great relationship with this dealership.

Later in the afternoon I got a call from the dealership and they told me the water pump was going to break because the bearing was shot.

Car is a 2015 dodge challenger scat pack with 40,000 miles. The service advisor told me that the part was on a national backorder and could take up to six months to come in. I don’t know how he came up with this figure but six months seems absolutely ridiculous for a water pump on a car two years old.
When I questioned this they told me it looks like a 3 to 6 month back order.
They told me to keep the loaner for now and not to worry about anything and they will let me know with more certainty how long this will take in the next couple of days.

Has anybody ever heard of a part like this taking that long to come in?

If this even takes close to one month I think this is my last Dodge. I guess I will have to go in another direction either Ford or Chevy.

What would you guys do?

Cliffs:
Two -year-old dodge challenger water pump broke.
Dealership is telling me it looks like a six-month back order on part.
What would you do?
Have some brockton peeps remove one on the lot. Done.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
This is the sorta thing that makes me crazy, too ocd to leave my car with the dealer waiting months on parts. I haven't even bothered with the airbag recall. My buddy was without his mustang for two months waiting on parts to fix his MT82, that is crazy, could not imagine a 6 mos wait on water pump! Good luck Bruno!
Thanks pal. I’m hoping it will be faster.

Btw I still haven’t done the airbag recall either.

On a side note I wanted to pay to have my car towed back to my garage until the part comes in then tow it back but the dealership said I’d have to return the loaner if they give me my car back. Why I have no idea.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't know where dodge is sourcing their water pumps from but I just got a recall in the mail for my 2016 ram three-quarter ton truck for water pump issues.

Strange.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Don't know where dodge is sourcing their water pumps from but I just got a recall in the mail for my 2016 ram three-quarter ton truck for water pump issues.

Strange.
Very strang for sure. I’m pretty sure these water pumps are an ongoing issue for Challengers. I’m guessing they are Chinese parts.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
I've had a recall for an airbag since March on a Ford Ranger and the part is still not available, but they'll be trying to fill those orders for years.
Nearly every car made in the last few years has the airbag recall from Lambo to Fiat, we are talking 70+ million vehicles and most will never be fixed.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
@BrunotheBoxer

It's a sign to go Hellcat. If not sure, then it's a sign to test the rock climbing ability of that Ram, lol. Had a 13' (I think) Ram when my Powerstroke was getting injectors. Wasn't exactly impressed with that thing. Hopefully new are built better.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
@BrunotheBoxer

It's a sign to go Hellcat. If not sure, then it's a sign to test the rock climbing ability of that Ram, lol. Had a 13' (I think) Ram when my Powerstroke was getting injectors. Wasn't exactly impressed with that thing. Hopefully new are built better.
I’m afraid this same thing might happen to a hellcat to tell you the truth. Maybe there are other parts on backorder. I want to see how this plays out before I give Dodge more money.

The ram is alright but I wouldn’t buy a truck except for a raptor.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That would be great.
I'll call them tomorrow. All the brands have this issue but the longest backorders from my experience are usually FCA parts. I'll be able to get the exact numbers though as far as how many are waiting for the part and the estimated time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread