Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Bruno this is pretty normal procedure for a warranty backordered part.

When a part under warranty is placed on national back order, the service adviser is given a stipend from FCA to keep you in a rental car for as long as needed until the part comes in. That rental car isn't coming out of the goodness of their heart or anything.

Keep this in mind as well- everyday you drive it, it's costing FCA money. So instead of replacing the water pump, paying a day or two of rental, and then giving it back to you, they are now paying 3-6 months rental, parts and labor, and all the wonderful taxes/fees associated with it. Aka a butt load.

Trust me. If they could get the part faster, FCA would. At Ford I had a few 6.7L diesel parts go on a year long back order.

It took a year to get them in too.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Warranties are great for the big ticket items, but I usually just say F it and fix the stuff myself. Everytime I go to the dealership a new problem is created.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
View attachment 1446164 Still waiting on the gen 3 v ad for $55k.
Keep waiting. This might sound crazy, but hear me out. When vehicles go up for sale on the lower end of the market, they tend to...you know, sell. I've seen more than one this year, so I'll be sure to let you all know next time I happen across one. I'll make a thread, maybe two threads.

He’s just trying to help me out. No need to start a fight over it.

Some people enjoy being ****s, not much you can do about that.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Warranties are great for the big ticket items, but I usually just say F it and fix the stuff myself. Everytime I go to the dealership a new problem is created.

Depending upon the severity of the job, if it's extremely easy/available part, I take it in. If it's a heavy, big time repair that costs a lot of money in parts, I take it in. If it's a relatively cheap, mildly time consuming, but requires attention/focus/patience, I do it.

Sort of like this water pump. You could do it yourself, and take more care in cleaning up the engine from the loose coolant. You'll do a cleaner job basically.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Keep waiting. This might sound crazy, but hear me out. When vehicles go up for sale on the lower end of the market, they tend to...you know, sell. I've seen more than one this year, so I'll be sure to let you all know next time I happen across one. I'll make a thread, maybe two threads.

Some people enjoy being ****s, not much you can do about that.

Great. I can also say that the 14 RS7 is 40k. Even though I can’t see it or find one. It’s just because at that low price they you know sell too fast.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Sucks, I'm sure you miss your car.. I would just take advantage. Save some miles on the car, maybe do some Truck things around the house. . I feel like there's always Truck things to be done.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Great. I can also say that the 14 RS7 is 40k. Even though I can’t see it or find one. It’s just because at that low price they you know sell too fast.
Love the experts here who know about every vehicle and what every one sold for. Mileage, trim, and location be damned.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Screw rice I’m just being realistic. I actually did check prices back in July when I was looking cars priced around 85k or lower: viper, c7z, even a cts-v. I figured there is no way the cars are in the 50s already.
Cmon bro, you said it yourself, some go for over 100k, in under 3 years it’s already half the price? This isn’t some Audi or euro car that has horrible resale, unless we start seeing these issues in American cars. I sure hope we don’t!!

Example: The orange TA viper I was looking for dipped down to 69k, back in aug 2016. It had stage 2 heads and cam setup from viper exchange. The dealer that had the car didn’t know what they had (carfax will show it’s just a base SRT model not like a GTS or ACR) because there is no way you can find an orange TA before or after that for 69k. They are now in the 90’s, almost close to the msrp.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
He can grab a 15' for $55k. That's Hellcat price. New they're $110k.

you're probably correct. But it's not a gen 3.

Where are you coming up with these numbers?
THe new V starts at 84k. Its priced to compete with E-amg and M5.
There is no '15 CTS V. The cheapest 2016 is a 63k. lol

There is a CTSV for 2015. Looked at them before buying my CPO 2013 coupe. In 2015 the coupe carried over in 2nd gen form. There was also the new bodied CTSVsports which were TTV6's.

OP, parts get backordered all the time. Atleast your dealer put you in a loaner. It doesn't matter the make.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Op going off of what screw rice suggested, what about an ats-v? Or do you need to have a v8? I think these look sharper than the cts. Earlier this year GM had 20% off Msrp. Damn if they have that again that would be an awesome DD.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I wouldn't fret too much about this. Every car manufacturer has that one stupid issue that takes forever to fix. Thinking of changing brands all together for a single repair isn't exactly reasonable.

You got a NICE loaner for the trouble and they will fix the car. You have other options. Find the OEM part through online websites and bring it to them. Pumps are under $100 and if you're that worried it will take so long to fix, that is a better option.

I've had my Dodge for over a year and a half without issues. Should one arise, I'm not going to hate Dodge and want something else because of a recall or repair. These things happen and while it sucks, doesn't mean you should give it what you like because of it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Op going off of what screw rice suggested, what about an ats-v? Or do you need to have a v8? I think these look sharper than the cts. Earlier this year GM had 20% off Msrp. Damn if they have that again that would be an awesome DD.

it's much smaller on the inside, and IMHO cheaper. I've test driven one when my dealer kept emailing me about trading my coupe. And the lane keeping assist is downright dangerous.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Too small for me.
I actually love my Challenger. The size is perfect.

Zemedici

Established Member
Part is indeed on national backorder, we did a water pump replacement a month or so ago, and I had to basically sell my soul to my parts guy before I could get one.

However, I would consider the hellcat upgrade idea....and if you're in a rental that's comparable to your car, meh you're keeping miles off your car, ya know?

Have them pay a few payments for you = gg.

Users who are viewing this thread