Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I’m afraid this same thing might happen to a hellcat to tell you the truth. Maybe there are other parts on backorder. I want to see how this plays out before I give Dodge more money.

The ram is alright but I wouldn’t buy a truck except for a raptor.

Could see why you'd be worried, honestly I have looked at going HC, but just not overly impressed with the interior.

Trucks, I'm biased to Ford. On Powerstroke number 5, and if I could justify going down in size, it would be an F150. The new ones are very nice.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I'll call them tomorrow. All the brands have this issue but the longest backorders from my experience are usually FCA parts. I'll be able to get the exact numbers though as far as how many are waiting for the part and the estimated time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it.

Could see why you'd be worried, honestly I have looked at going HC, but just not overly impressed with the interior.

Trucks, I'm biased to Ford. On Powerstroke number 5, and if I could justify going down in size, it would be an F150. The new ones are very nice.

I like trucks especially the raptor but I love my Challenger, just think I’m falling out of love with Dodge. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll find the part faster.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The hood on my 2015 Mustang GT needed to be replaced due to a rust issue(8k miles on the odo.) It took the dealer 4 months to get a new hood from Ford. I almost traded it in for a GT350 because I was getting impatient. So I know how you feel about trading your car in for a Hellcat lol.

I was able to get the hood much sooner because my dealer contacted the zone rep and really pushed hard for the part to arrive much sooner. I am willing to bet you can order the water pump from the parts department and it is available. I think the real issue is Chrysler isn't setting aside enough parts for warranty repair and/or this part isn't a common failure. You should push your dealer more to get the part to you sooner.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Where are you coming up with these numbers?
THe new V starts at 84k. Its priced to compete with E-amg and M5.
There is no '15 CTS V. The cheapest 2016 is a 63k. lol
I've seen more than a few in that price range used... you know, that means not new. So inventory on market is going to change, you seem to not grasp this. I looked at buying one a few times this summer. Hit a 5 instead of a 6 in model year, so clearly I have no understanding of them...

Really it starts at 84k? No way! Get this, and it will really blow your mind, but to add options to it is going to raise the price! Crazy, right? Add carbon kit and other options, you break $100k easy.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...st=CTS|V&listingFeatures=onlyPrice,onlyPhotos

Maybe email all these dealers and let them know it's an 84k car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've seen more than a few in that price range used... you know, that means not new. So inventory on market is going to change, you seem to not grasp this. I looked at buying one a few times this summer. Hit a 5 instead of a 6 in model year, so clearly I have no understanding of them...

Really it starts at 84k? No way! Get this, and it will really blow your mind, but to add options to it is going to raise the price! Crazy, right? Add carbon kit and other options, you break $100k easy.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/cars+over+1000/2018/Cadillac/CTS/Aurora+CO-80013?zip=80013&minPrice=1000&startYear=2018&numRecords=25&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CTS&makeCodeList=CAD&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=CTS|V&listingFeatures=onlyPrice,onlyPhotos

Maybe email all these dealers and let them know it's an 84k car.
Lol you are all over the place, first you talk about used then mentioned 110k.
Did a quick search and found none at 60k. Lol at 55k.

Keep dreaming bud.

Edit: I tried clicking your link and decided to just use autotrader myself, maybe the price you saw was a cts Vsport?

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Lol you are all over the place, first you talk about used then mentioned 110k.
Did a quick search and found none at 60k. Lol at 55k.

Keep dreaming bud.
Lol, your search right now means that's the price they always are used, lol! How long have you been shopping for one, since you're clearly an expert.

I didn't know I would have to break out crayons and puppets for you to grasp the entire point. He can dump his car and get a USED V for Hellcat price and is arguably better overall.

New (again that means not USED) is over $100k. Not sure if it's liquor or eating paint chips as a kid, but you seem to struggle understanding the difference. Hellcat was mentioned and a USED V can be had for same price.

What am I supposed to be dreaming about?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, your search right now means that's the price they always are used, lol! How long have you been shopping for one, since you're clearly an expert.

I didn't know I would have to break out crayons and puppets for you to grasp the entire point. He can dump his car and get a USED V for Hellcat price and is arguably better overall.

New (again that means not USED) is over $100k. Not sure if it's liquor or eating paint chips as a kid, but you seem to struggle understanding the difference. Hellcat was mentioned and a USED V can be had for same price.

What am I supposed to be dreaming about?
Yes screwrice, one day the gen 3 Vee will get down to 55k. Maybe if it had 20k+ miles, and gone through a couple of owners.
Thank you for reminding me the car is over 100k and in less then 3 years it’s already half.

So yea, with enough time, miles and owners you can get your Vee.

Just a reminder, your dreaming about getting a gen 3 for 55k. You could save 10k and get a totaled one to drive your point home.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Yes screwrice, one day the gen 3 Vee will get down to 55k. Maybe if it had 20k+ miles, and gone through a couple of owners.
Thank you for reminding me the car is over 100k and in less then 3 years it’s already half.

So yea, with enough time, miles and owners you can get your Vee.

Just a reminder, your dreaming about getting a gen 3 for 55k. You could save 10k and get a totaled one to drive your point home.

Nice sarcasm, and find it hilarious you know the market so well after your 5 minutes of indepth research. With time you can find a V (WTF is a Vee?) for the price I stated as I have seen more than one at that price this year. You're now trying to save face with your stipulation of 20k miles, Bruno's current car has 40k, so that would still be less than his current 15'.

Where are you getting that a totaled one is 55k? This is more attempts at saving face on a subject you clearly have no knowledge of.

Oh and for the record I own a V (or as you say in your condescending tone. a Vee).

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nice sarcasm, and find it hilarious you know the market so well after your 5 minutes of indepth research. With time you can find a V (WTF is a Vee?) for the price I stated as I have seen more than one at that price this year. You're now trying to save face with your stipulation of 20k miles, Bruno's current car has 40k, so that would still be less than his current 15'.

Where are you getting that a totaled one is 55k? This is more attempts at saving face on a subject you clearly have no knowledge of.

Oh and for the record I own a V (or as you say in your condescending tone. a Vee).
I dont need to know the market to know the prices. Unless there is a secret underground V price club. What you gonna hook up the OP with a low mile 55k Vee? LOL

again:
LOL, arent those V's double the price of a scat challenger?
Looked up the price of a used scat challenger, around 30k, oh yea, around double the price is your CTS-V.

Did you get your V for 55k? Curious to see this car, havent seen you post about it.

That totaled V i saw was actually 34k. Use cargurus.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I dont need to know the market to know the prices. Unless there is a secret underground V price club. What you gonna hook up the OP with a low mile 55k Vee? LOL

again:

Looked up the price of a used scat challenger, around 30k, oh yea, around double the price is your CTS-V.

Did you get your V for 55k? Curious to see this car, havent seen you post about it.
You don't need to know the market of the vehicle you're debating? That makes complete sense. You should put your marketing genius to work since the prices you see right now, are what every single one sells for that calendar year. Yes there's an uber secret club where all cars aren't priced exactly the same. It's called the market, but keep that on the down low, don't need people knowing that options, year, and mileage have an impact on pricing.

Again, since you're either trolling or have a learning disability, OP stated he's floated the idea of a Hellcat, a used V is in that same price. Why do I care about the price of his Scat Pack? We're discussing a replacement vehicle.

Damn you caught me, I actually don't own one. I just have whishes of owning one some day. Seeing as I've never referenced it here before...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
657406F3-12E6-456B-ADC7-42D9FA2A3FFB.jpeg
Still waiting on the gen 3 v ad for $55k.

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
On a side note I wanted to pay to have my car towed back to my garage until the part comes in then tow it back but the dealership said I’d have to return the loaner if they give me my car back. Why I have no idea.

It's a liability issue, to have you in a loaner that the manufacture is paying for (trust me they are, the dealer isn't going to front a car for that long without getting paid) they need an open repair order. In order to have an open RO the vehicle needs to be in the dealers possession. A repair order is a binding contract so say for instance you were driving your vehicle, hit another vehicle and drove off. Police finally track you down and you say oh that wasn't me check with the dealer they have had my vehicle since this date. That's just one of the many scenarios that could happen in a dealers eyes.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks, but hopefully it'll come in quicker than expected. At least they gave you a loaner without any hassle. The ford dealer I go to gives out nice loaners depending on what you bring in, but you really have to pester them to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread