There is No reason to Buy an F150 EV OR Ecoboost.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread makes me want to find an old Ford LTL 9000 and swap a C18 Cat into it.

maxresdefault.jpg

That, and the raw water cooled heat exchanger for the engine coolant. You can run that thing right off the top all day long without issue.

I enjoyed mine while I had it, but I don't see myself buying another.
I support this idea

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you launch in 4x4?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
We were required to by the renter of the event in March. I put videos on the 2021 F150 thread i made on my truck. They had cars with slicks signed up and im guessing from how they were explaining it is that if you spin regular street tires off the tree that it removes the rubber from the surface where they would need it for cars with slicks?

So i lined up out of the groove and launched in 4x4 hi.

The 5.0L was in 4x4 but on a different day back in November at MIR during a test and tune.

Did watch a 2021 Powerboost run a 13.7 in box stock form at the same event.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
18+ 2.7 can run full E85 on the stock fuel system. 3.5s can do E70 IIRC. Probably enough to tip that 2.7 into the 12.8-9 range.

I've got the same mods as the 2.7 in Kevin's post and always felt like it was in the 13s, but never thought quite that low. Mine's a supercab too so maybe a c-hair lighter.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Are the 2.7's immune to the infamous ticking due to the cam phasers? Sad that its still plaguing the 3.5 EB and some 3.0's as well.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Track results:
2021 F150 2.7 4x4 Supercrew - intake, intercooler, 93 tune = 13.2
2020 F150 5.0 4x4 Supercrew - intake, catback, 93 tune = 13.5
2020 F150 5.0 4x4 Supercrew - intake, catback, E85 tune = 12.8

Been wanting to go back to the track on E30 and E50 to see what my truck runs. I don't think it can run E85 without a larger HPFP or larger injectors. Dont know about the low pressure pump in the tank.

Id hope for 12.50's on E50 if it doesnt wheelhop itself to death off the line.

surprisingly impressive for all of them, damn

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
That is where my wife grew up.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

****ing shit hole. Then again.. Lake Worth next to it is even worse

Though boynton in the 90s had a mall with a bad ass arcade

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
****ing shit hole. Then again.. Lake Worth next to it is even worse

Though boynton in the 90s had a mall with a bad ass arcade

I’m realizing that florida is peppered with shitholes next to gorgeous places… they build motes and bridges and gated communities then stick the peasants / worker bees on the other side.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
18+ 2.7 can run full E85 on the stock fuel system. 3.5s can do E70 IIRC. Probably enough to tip that 2.7 into the 12.8-9 range.

I've got the same mods as the 2.7 in Kevin's post and always felt like it was in the 13s, but never thought quite that low. Mine's a supercab too so maybe a c-hair lighter.
I didnt know that. I always thought the low pressure pumps in the 2.7 didnt flow enough. Now im curious how quick it would be on full E85.

I think i could get mine to 12.9 on 93 octane if i added the traction bars i have along with powerbraking it higher. I only went to 2000rpm when launching so it had a slight amount of lag until it went balls out on the boost.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I didnt know that. I always thought the low pressure pumps in the 2.7 didnt flow enough. Now im curious how quick it would be on full E85.

I think i could get mine to 12.9 on 93 octane if i added the traction bars i have along with powerbraking it higher. I only went to 2000rpm when launching so it had a slight amount of lag until it went balls out on the boost.
It states "No E85" in the owners manual on my 18 2.7.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It states "No E85" in the owners manual on my 18 2.7.
I think that is so you dont run E85 on the stock truck as its not programmed for the fuel flow.

From what the other poster was saying is that with a tune for E85, the stock fuel system is capable of supplying the fuel flow for full E85 operation without having to upgrade the low side or high side fuel pumps or injectors.

From reading up, prior to 2020 the fuel systems needed a HPFP upgrade to keep up with fuel flow for full E85. Im guessing Ford increased the pump size on the 2021+ trucks?

Users who are viewing this thread