There is No reason to Buy an F150 EV OR Ecoboost.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Drove the 2022 3.5 eco crew out to Seattle and back last week. 85MPH into a stiff headwind in MT dropped mileage down to 15 and range down to 550 miles. Averaged 18.8 mpg for the entire trip. The 10 speed showed off a new trick for me. Descending in the mountains I noticed it was downshifting itself in response to grade and me braking. Pretty cool, used a lot less brake input going down all the grades. It took it down to 6th in the steeper sections. Passing on 2 lane coming back in MN was easy even though it was 98F outside.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove the 2022 3.5 eco crew out to Seattle and back last week. 85MPH into a stiff headwind in MT dropped mileage down to 15 and range down to 550 miles. Averaged 18.8 mpg for the entire trip. The 10 speed showed off a new trick for me. Descending in the mountains I noticed it was downshifting itself in response to grade and me braking. Pretty cool, used a lot less brake input going down all the grades. It took it down to 6th in the steeper sections. Passing on 2 lane coming back in MN was easy even though it was 98F outside.
I would assume it has a tow haul button - that does this more aggressively. I use that it just lock out gears. Coming down one mountain in NC it’ll hold me right in the 30-35mph range and I basically don’t use the brakes the whole way down

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I would assume it has a tow haul button - that does this more aggressively. I use that it just lock out gears. Coming down one mountain in NC it’ll hold me right in the 30-35mph range and I basically don’t use the brakes the whole way down
Tow mode is was more aggressive on the downshifts. No hill here, so no clue if it does it in normal mode.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Tow mode is was more aggressive on the downshifts. No hill here, so no clue if it does it in normal mode.

I was in normal road use, which is why I was surprised it operated. It was seamless operation, credit to the Ford engineers.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I just dumped the 2018 3.5tt for 2023 5.slow. And honestly she runs hard and strong so far. If I drive it like a nanny I just might break 20mpgs with this one. Haha

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Well, I just dumped the 2018 3.5tt for 2023 5.slow. And honestly she runs hard and strong so far. If I drive it like a nanny I just might break 20mpgs with this one. Haha

When your homie sells the Ecoboost and buys a Yote.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The super duty's do that in normal mode as well. Mine surprised me the first time when we were going down a hill going into Vegas. Do you use manual mode or do you just lock out the upper gears while leaving it in drive?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The super duty's do that in normal mode as well. Mine surprised me the first time when we were going down a hill going into Vegas. Do you use manual mode or do you just lock out the upper gears while leaving it in drive?
I usually just lock out gears still in drive

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m butt hurt that ford had the audacity to put a V6 engine the size of a soda bottle in an Fseries.

kanye-west-damn-shame-oafiptrouw41biit.gif

Where is your thread about the Chevy Silverado having a 4-banger or Toyota ditching their legendary 5.7 for a V6 only....

Users who are viewing this thread