The real reason why Marijuana is illegal

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Read the RED:nonono:

If you would have watched the entire video perhaps you would have understood why I posted it. You stated that my analogy of drinking milk leading to drinking beer is the stupidest post you have ever read. Well why don't you fast forward that video to 2:35 and watch a Congressman make that same analogy. Are you going to say he is extremely stupid as well?

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
If you would have watched the entire video perhaps you would have understood why I posted it. You stated that my analogy of drinking milk leading to drinking beer is the stupidest post you have ever read. Well why don't you fast forward that video to 2:35 and watch a Congressman make that same analogy. Are you going to say he is extremely stupid as well?

His REMARK is. Yes. You believe him because he's a politician???? LMAO!

Our government is so ****ed up I wouldn't believe them if they told me the sky was blue.

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Water.jpg

Attaus

Established Member
I strongly doubt that marijuana cures cancer. If it did, there would be an abundance of evidence for it. There isn't. Instead, the scientific peer-reviewed articles suggest pot use probably does more harm than good:

Marijuana use may increase risk of testicular cancer
Marijuana use in adolescence may cause permanent brain abnormalities, mouse study suggests
Smoking marijuana associated with higher stroke risk in young adults
Perception of marijuana as a 'safe drug' is scientifically inaccurate, finds review of teen brain studies

Did you read any of those beyond the title? The testicular cancer one comes from USC (first strike), and they stated that the only explainable causation for the increase in test. cancer in young adult males is a "foreign substance" like marijuana. The only problem is, adult males have been smoking marijuana for a long time. It's much more likely that it is due to a new invention such as a cellphone or Banquet dinners than something that has been in this country since its founding.

I don't believe that marijuana is some miracle drug, or that it makes you lazy, or any of these extreme beliefs. I don't believe that it is harmless (however, harm can be minimized), but it is clearly documented that it is less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol. Anyone who states marijuana bans are for our own good is clearly misinformed. Say that it's so we don't become lazy? How productive are you when drunk? The DEA themselves admit that while it is possible to become less productive while using marijuana, it is simply unfortunate and not the reason they pursue dealers/users.

There is a lot of info on why it was banned, when it was reinstated to help soldiers fight (shortly after reefer madness), then subsequently rebanned when soldiers wouldn't fight.

Since '73 when Tricky Dick instated the DEA, it has been a $2,000,000,000 interest. The majority of the DEA's budget (I can't find exact numbers, but have seen this before) has been vested in stopping marijuana. Make it legal and the DEA's $10,000 per arrest will skyrocket, thus slashing their budget. Another huge roadblock.

If marijuana enthusiasts want it legalized, they should get the food & beverage industry on board, they are seemingly the only ones to counterweight the pharmaceutical companies (although no one really can) and government interests.

Last edited:

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
For SOME, yes. "alter emotions" REALLY?? Why else to people drink and do Pot and drugs????

I had a great life growing up. No issues. I got high because I liked getting high.

I started with pot
just to see what it was like. Same with meth and many other drugs.

I am living proof. LOL

Did you drink alcohol before using Mj? Did you take cafiene before that?

Guess that makes them "gateway" drugs too?

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
His REMARK is. Yes. You believe him because he's a politician???? LMAO!

Our government is so ****ed up I wouldn't believe them if they told me the sky was blue.

I don't know anything about that particular congressman. All I do know is that he presented a logical case for the legalization of Marijuana. People who experiment with actual hardcore drugs are those that wanted to try it from the very beginning. Me and my friends who smoke MJ have absolutely no desire to try hardcore drugs that could kill us.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Did you drink alcohol before using Mj? Did you take cafiene before that?

Guess that makes them "gateway" drugs too?

No caffiene. No alcohol. No tabacco. Just pot first. Argue all you want. As I stated in another post it doesn't do it to everyone. But for a lot of people it does.

I don't know anything about that particular congressman. All I do know is that he presented a logical case for the legalization of Marijuana. People who experiment with actual hardcore drugs are those that wanted to try it from the very beginning. Me and my friends who smoke MJ have absolutely no desire to try hardcore drugs that could kill us.

Just because you and a few or many don't want to does NOT mean it doesn't lead to other drugs for other people.
I stated smoking weed when I was 15. I never even thought about other drugs. But after getting high on pot I wondered what other drugs would feel like.

You're arguing with the wrong person about it being legal.
LEGALIZE AND TAX THE **** OUT OF IT. Just like alcohol.

:rockon:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Attaus said:
Did you read any of those beyond the title?

Nope.

I just can't bring myself to thoroughly research whether pot cures cancer.

I'm certainly open to counterevidence, but I consider it immediately obvious that pot curing cancer is wishful thinking. If this really were the case, we'd have a lot less cancer.

Attaus said:
I don't believe that marijuana...makes you lazy...

You don't strike me as someone arguing from first-hand experience.

:)

matt87

Established Member
cant we all just get along and eat weed brownies instead?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
wurd2 said:
I think the perception that marijuana use is harmless or good for you is dangerous and ill-founded.

Brutal Metal said:
Says the guy who just killed a 12 pack of Natty Light!! Alcoholics are FAR WORSE!

Alcohol is definitely worse, but this is beside my point.

gamebred26

Established Member
Is pot good for you? No.

But either is a Mcd's...White Castle...Taco Bell...Wendy's...etc.

Take two people one who eats one of those everyday...or smokes a joint everyday which person will die sooner?

I rest my case....and pots illegal and awful?

Take a person who drinks a 6 pack everyday...

Is pot harmless? No..is it good for young kids? No...but how many fat ****s shove hot dogs and chicken nuggets down their kids throats and dont bat an eye at it.

It's not meth...it's not a gateway drug...

"Don’t give me that shit that weed’s a drug. It ain’t no mother****in’ drug. I’ve done the research. It’s just a plant. It just grows like that. And if you just happen to set it on fire…"

TorchMach

Established Member
I've watched the video before and don't see any room for argument with Marijuana being illegal. Should have been legal years ago.

Anyone who says no is full of BS. Cigarettes, alcohol and proscription drugs are way more harmful yet legal....soooooooo....

Edit: It's un-American that its illegal imo.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Nope.

I just can't bring myself to thoroughly research whether pot cures cancer.

I'm certainly open to counterevidence, but I consider it immediately obvious that pot curing cancer is wishful thinking. If this really were the case, we'd have a lot less cancer.

There have been numerous links posted on this thread about hemp oil curing cancer, including one from Harvard.

In regards to your second comment..

"Hemp oil may be considered a miracle substance on many levels; it seems to have cured many people of terminal cancer, diabetes, pain, depression, anxiety, and many other conditions. However... why has hemp oil been banned as an illegal substance.

Perhaps the real reason is simple; conventional medicine and big pharmaceutical companies do NOT want to lose profits to a natural cure. You see, treatments like chemotherapy have huge profit margins and big pharma does not want any competition. Simply put, profits are being protected – at the expense of quality, patient care and (more) positive results."

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
SCBQQSTN, if hemp oil or marijuana cured cancer, diabetes, depression, anxiety, and other diseases (truly outrageous claim), we would be inundated with supporting evidence of all sorts *AND* the frequencies of these diseases would be significantly lower than they actually are. Because marijuana is so widely used, it would be logistically impossible to sweep any legit miracle cure implications under the rug.

Hemp was not outlawed per miracle cure implications as you claim.

It was outlawed because of its threat to the cotton industry.

In regard to your diagram of uses for hemp, please recognize that on the matter of how marijuana affects one's health, we should not be discussing hemp making a good rope and things of that sort.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
when I smoked it in high school all I remember about it was that it made me paranoid and almost catatonic! personally I felt it wasn't good for me. I enjoyed the high from alcohol or coke much better.

Users who are viewing this thread