The real reason why Marijuana is illegal

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Correlation/= causation.

Lots of gay guys started their sexual lives in their teens having sex with girls and even getting married and having children before coming out.
Using the same argument, sex with women causes men to like penis.

This may be true for you. But I still love pooooozy:lol1::lol1::lol1:

NinjaBum

Established Member
Just like your above statement. That may be true for you, but you don't think that kids willing to go to illegal sources for pot aren't already the types of personalities who are down to try other things?

There is a certain type of personality that is more apt to do that sort of thing.

Just because A happens before B in even a small, or even decent sized portion of the populace who smoked pot doesn't mean A caused B. You would need a large majority to even try to make that hold water, and most potheads I know either stopped there and still only smoke pot, or eventually just stopped smoking pot. I'd wager that is the majority.

A lot of guys who drink go home and beat their wives. Does alcohol make people get involved in domestic abuse? Or would it be more logical to argue that people who drink and then beat family members probably already have anger and violence issues coupled with some sort of emotional troubles which leads to that outcome?

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
So a person can smell like pot (something you have never tried so it's safe to assume you aren't an expert on pot) and come up clean on their drug test but you still won't hire them?

You sound like Dwight from The Office.

Correct. Same as I won't hire someone smelling of alcohol. Seems like common sense from a liability stand point.

I used to laugh when I did pest control at the different ways people attempted to cover plants/smells/etc.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Just like your above statement. That may be true for you, but you don't think that kids willing to go to illegal sources for pot aren't already the types of personalities who are down to try other things?

There is a certain type of personality that is more apt to do that sort of thing.

Just because A happens before B in even a decent sized portion of the populace who smoked pot doesn't mean A caused B. You would need a large majority to even try to make that hold water, and most potheads I know either stopped there and still only smoke pot, or eventually just stopped smoking pot. I'd wager that is the majority.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.:thumbsup:

NinjaBum

Established Member
Fair enough man. I could be wrong. I just think that instead of A often coming before B, therefor A leads people to B, I think sometimes people have other issues, C which causes them to seek out easier to get ahold of A, and then they move on to B because they want something stronger or something new to deal with C, or like you just like getting high.

Either way, studies support the "for" and "against" arguments so either of us could be right.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
+1Completely agree. Although the level of alertness is higher after smoking because of the heightened senses, as opposed to alcohol which destroys any and all forms of alertness. Almost all the people I know that smoke MJ have no desire to drive as opposed to people who drink. At least while high you maintain your sense of self and rational thought.

I thought this was a cool story. As you can see the seasoned marijuana users took a lot longer to be fully impaired.

[youtube_browser]dw1HavgoK9E[/youtube_browser]

BULLSHIT! It's a lead in drug. Doesn't happen to everyone. But I know for fact many drug users started with pot.

This is a fact you can not change.

Edit: Just to be clear. I never said it shouldn't be legalized and taxed.

I think people that end up doing other drugs that started off with using marijuana are predisposed to use drugs to alter their mindstate and would have abused drugs either way.

And I would argue that instead of a "gateway drug" the people who chain from MJ to meth or other drugs are probably the kind of people who would drink booze or smoke MJ to alter emotions and have bigger issues in their lives. The lifestyle they choose and attempts to escape lead to the other drugs, not the other way around.

I agree

Correlation/= causation.

Lots of gay guys started their sexual lives in their teens having sex with girls and even getting married and having children before coming out.
Using the same argument, sex with women causes men to like penis.

haha. I see what you did there.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A lot of guys who drink go home and beat their wives. Does alcohol make people get involved in domestic abuse? Or would it be more logical to argue that people who drink and then beat family members probably already have anger and violence issues coupled with some sort of emotional troubles which leads to that outcome?
Whild drinking alcohol does not MAKE you go home and beat your wife, and I agree with you that there are other things on the table, drinking INCREASES the chances that you will go home and beat your wife if those other things are on the table. Alcohol is a mood enhancer not a mood changer.

Pot is a gateway drug to a whole host of people. it is also the cause of a lot of stupid in the world just like alcohol is. While I am all for legalizing it for a number of reasons, I am NOT in favor of unrestricted use and I think the penalties for things like Driving while stoned should carry equal to or worse penalties than drunk driving.

the stoners of SVTP will now proceed to yell and cry about that stance but that is my opinion and I won't change my mind

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Pot is a gateway drug to a whole host of people. it is also the cause of a lot of stupid in the world just like alcohol is. While I am all for legalizing it for a number of reasons, I am NOT in favor of unrestricted use and I think the penalties for things like Driving while stoned should carry equal to or worse penalties than drunk driving.

Yeah, and drinking milk is the gateway beverage to drinking beer. Saying that Marijuana is a gateway drug is an extremely ignorant thing to truly believe. Every single one of my friends that smokes MJ has never tried any other drug and has no desire to. Those who experiment with the actual bad shit out there (cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, etc) already have the desire to do so in their minds. Marijuana has NOTHING to do with it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Yeah, and drinking milk is the gateway beverage to drinking beer. Saying that Marijuana is a gateway drug is an extremely ignorant thing to truly believe. Every single one of my friends that smokes MJ has never tried any other drug and has no desire to. Those who experiment with the actual bad shit out there (cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, etc) already have the desire to do so in their minds. Marijuana has NOTHING to do with it.

Stupidest post ever.:nonono:

Coiled03

Established Member

Oh, well shit.....if you said marijuana has nothing to do with it, it MUST be true.

Please.

If you can't connect the dots to see how it COULD be a gateway drug, you need help.

Quickstang5o

Established Member
Pot is no more of a gateway than alcohol. The problem comes when you tell people it's bad (illegal) like other hard drugs. However when someone try's pot and finds out its not that bad they have a tendency to try the others.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
This one is for you LL

[youtube_browser]SY0TQ1uOn3k[/youtube_browser][/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT! It's a lead in drug. Doesn't happen to everyone. But I know for fact many drug users started with pot.

This is a fact you can not change.

Edit: Just to be clear. I never said it shouldn't be legalized and taxed.

Read the RED:nonono:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just want to be able to grow my own so I know exactly what I have. No questions or guessing or trusting a govt that can't even get healthcare right, to grow good bud. A yearly permit or something to that effect for those who want to just grow for themselves?
Maybe a limit on how many plants you can have? Sounds reasonable to me. If people can grow thier own fruits and veggies, I don't see why I can't grow my own bud.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I just want to be able to grow my own so I know exactly what I have. No questions or guessing or trusting a govt that can't even get healthcare right, to grow good bud. A yearly permit or something to that effect for those who want to just grow for themselves?
Maybe a limit on how many plants you can have? Sounds reasonable to me. If people can grow thier own fruits and veggies, I don't see why I can't grow my own bud.

Hahahahaha While I agree with you, you're reasoning is a little off.:rolling:

Fruits and veggies don't make you high.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hahahahaha While I agree with you, you're reasoning is a little off.:rolling:

Fruits and veggies don't make you high.

I understand that, haha
Hence my comment about needing a permit.
Maybe to get said permit you need to take a class on how to grow it safely and how to properly harvest it and prepare it for personal use. I would also like to see a push to get people to use vaporizers rather than pipes etc... much cleaner and more efficient.

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member

In California you can. Yearly permit and plant limit.

Users who are viewing this thread