The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Just saw two of those new Fisker SUVs within a minute of each other on the drive home earlier. That was the first time seeing them and I thought they were Land Rovers at first. The dark satin blue paint looked pretty good on the one and the other looked black, or dark blue like the first. No idea where they even sell these things, but it is possible they had just come off the automotive transport station as it was right next to where I was.

Fisker (NYSE:FSR) is halting production for six weeks as the cash-strapped electric vehicle maker goes on overdrive trying to avoid bankruptcy by securing funds to keep its business running.

Its shares, which have been in freefall since it flagged going concern doubts, dropped 15.6% on Monday. The stock declined ~92% YTD.

Fisker (FSR) also secured a $150M financing commitment from an existing investor, contingent on conditions including filing its delayed 2023 annual report and continuing deal talks with a large automaker for a potential investment and North America manufacturing.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Actually not sure how I feel about this? Win win?

Asian woman driving.

Definitely a coincidence and not a stereotype

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I think it's worth noting that those companies are based in Dem states and Tesla is based in a Rep state. But it also could be that they hate Elon.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Far left looks like a Cadillac. Guess the far right one is an Escape, thought it was a Hyandai.. they all look stupid

I just bought a new Escape ST lol. They actually don't look bad at all. The redesign was a good upgrade, but that picture doesn't show you much.

These aren't much better but it's all I got right now.

20231207_200903.jpg
20231207_200843.jpg
20231206_214225.jpg
20231206_214126.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well, this is SVTP. What are the performance specs?

Only 258hp and like 280ft lbs of torque out of the new gen 2.0L EB with the 8 speed auto and AWD. 0-60 in 6.5 seconds but it actually feels much faster at times.
Haha. Yeah and when is the tune and exhaust going on?

Waiting for someone to offer it. These new ones have encrypted PCMs I guess so they are still working on it. I've talked to Livernois and 5 Star and both are working on it they said. Cobb has a tune for the Maverick Tremor which has the same engine and drivetrain so not sure why this one is taking longer. I almost feel like the car just isn't on anyone's radar yet. I didn't even know about it until the day I decided to get a new car. It really needs a tune for the shift strategy though. It's where the biggest improvement is needed, and I don't doubt the extra hp and torque would land it somewhere in the mid to high 5 sec range for 0-60. It pulls hard but you really have to get it in a sweet spot for power.

Users who are viewing this thread