Teksid / 10.5:1 / Fox Lake heads / 2.3 TVS

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
U guys saw the cam post it up!! At dinner. Home in a bit. My tuner was very impressed with what it made. Unexpected.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Crazy numbers through the auto! Will the TVS crank out anymore boost efficiently for more power?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Crazy numbers through the auto! Will the TVS crank out anymore boost efficiently for more power?

it will be interesting to find out in a month or two....

so final numbers were like Rick said, 748/620 SAE boost only, no nitrous. 20psi and 20* timing and E85 fuel. IAT temps started around 86-88 degree's and ended around 100.

The tq is low bc I have a super high stall converter. My dyno pull is only from 5500-5600 to 6700....thats it. But holy cow for those 1000rpms my tq is over 600 all the way across. I will post up some comparison graphs this weekend of my eaton and eaton nitrous combo. But Im up 130hp and 60tq or so over my Eaton n2o combo as far as peak numbers. more if you go by rpm.

To say Im impressed is an under statement.....shocked....absolutely shocked as was my tuner.

Boost will stay put but backed the timing down to 16 at least till I get my feet back into the car and feel it out down the track. Im sure its going to freak me out at first.

STD hp number was 770....so stay tuned for the fall air!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
was NOT expecting these numbers at all. Very impressed as well as my tuner at the hp numbers we got today. Its gonna scare the hell out of me the first few trips down the 1320....lol

We started with a quick 2 second pull which netted 630whp. I was like sweet just where I left off on the bottle. I figured it would go up a bit from there and my personal goal was 675whp. 2nd pull was up to 6k rpm's and it put out 708whp on 18* timing, 20psi. Then I realized I never turned my IC water pump on. IAT2 still was only in the 120 degree range. 3rd pull I made sure to ice up the IC and run the pump. IAT2 went down to 88 degree's and hit 100 after the pull. This netted 736whp on 18.5* timing and 20psi. Then bumped the timing to 20* and made another pull for the final 748whp. We stopped there and messed around with the idle and some other things. Backed the timing back down to 16 and thats what Ill make a handful of runs on to try and get the hang of the car. I have the 20 degree tune as well. I also have other pullies to make another 4-5psi.

Overall very very impressed what I got from this small cube blower. It deff says something about TVS technology over others out there as we have seen in other threads. I cannot wait to hit the track next week. Here are a few pics from today. Unfortunately I only got one video of a pull. I setup my new GoPro and clearly did something wrong bc it didnt record but Ill get the video I did get up friday.

DSC_6513.jpg

DSC_6512.jpg

DSC_6511.jpg

DSC_6510.jpg

DSC_6516.jpg

DSC_6514.jpg

DSC_6515.jpg

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I cant wait to see how this set up performs at the track. Gets Real expensive to start shaving time off mid 9's. You will def see Solid 8 sec + passes when you are all broken in, full timing, and comfortable with the new set up. Time to start shoping for laundry to hand out back!

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Jake - Amazing #'s man!!!! Yet another VMP TVS making awesome power! That just goes to show you how Justin and VMP tuning can put a great idea to reality!!

How is the car on the street? Is it still somewhat streetable with the cams?

TRBO VNM

Very nice Jake. Glad it finally came together for you after all the headaches and that POS down in Florida.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I cant wait to see how this set up performs at the track. Gets Real expensive to start shaving time off mid 9's. You will def see Solid 8 sec + passes when you are all broken in, full timing, and comfortable with the new set up. Time to start shoping for laundry to hand out back!

It has the power for that 8 now it's just getting that first 60' down!

Not sure if I want to add the. Jute till I have to.....but a few have stressed just do it for a safety factor. If July gets hot maybe just drop it off at the chassis shop. Who knows.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Jake - Amazing #'s man!!!! Yet another VMP TVS making awesome power! That just goes to show you how Justin and VMP tuning can put a great idea to reality!!

How is the car on the street? Is it still somewhat streetable with the cams?

Hasn't been registered in a couple years. Race cah

If It was a street car they would be pretty wild IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread