Teksid / 10.5:1 / Fox Lake heads / 2.3 TVS

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I just read all 13 pages haha, badass to say the least, did you get to run it today like you mentioned?

Jake may be fast but slow to post. LOL!!
The masses are waiting!!!!

Having cell numbers helps, along with FB friends. And apparently Jake went on a diet as well during this whole motor build. Or maybe lost weight from the stress of the build and looking for a house. LOL

Hey I'm a busy mofo!!! Got home at 730 and just wanted to relax in the a/c. When we left the track is was 92 at 5pm. Was a long hot 5hrs. I'll do a little write up and get the video loaded this afternoon. But since it was asked

9.28 @ 147 with a slow 1.38 60'. Will have more details later

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Hey I'm a busy mofo!!! Got home at 730 and just wanted to relax in the a/c. When we left the track is was 92 at 5pm. Was a long hot 5hrs. I'll do a little write up and get the video loaded this afternoon. But since it was asked

Very nice. Get it dialed in and run in some good air :burnout:
Any videos?

TRBO VNM

Very nice. Get it dialed in and run in some good air :burnout:
Any videos?

see bold

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Jake, and everyone else..... Send me FB friend requests lol.. Search for Jonathan Pavia and my main pic is my car at MIR... :)

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It actually happened...finally. I cant believe 8 months ago almost to the day was the last time i raced this car. And of course I went up on one of the hottest days. The chance of rain was 60% but radar looked good so I went up on July 4th for the track rental. My DA calculator at 2pm said 2300' and I bet it went up after that because when we got back into the truck at 5pm it was 92 degree's out.

Anyways, as I always do I went over the car and planned for a nice easy cruise down the track just to make sure everything feels good. Got up to maybe 40-50mph and all felt well. Went up for 2nd pass about 45 minutes later and just wanted to get on it for a few seconds and make sure everything looked good (gauges) and felt good. I rolled out easy and then hammered it and as you'll see in the video....well you'll see..haha!

Third pass I was gonna go for it but got out of it just past the 1/8 bc I felt a little vibration in the car and didnt know what it was. Still resulted in a new best 1/8 ET and MPH to the tune of a 5.91 @ 118 w/ a 1.36 60'. Still coasted to a 9.6.

Fourth pass I planned ot stay in it and man did she roll out! 60' wasn't there at 1.38 and I went a little high on the 1-2 shift. It spun a bit then caught after about 5-10 feet and that 1st gear is short! So it went 5.95 @ 117 and a new best 1/4 of 9.28 @ 147.

The engine temp would start at 175 and hit 185 at the top of the run. IAT1 was 98 at start of the run and 92 by the traps. IAT2 started at 100 and ended at 125 which is similar to my Eaton passes (20 degree increase) and boy does that boost NOT drop at all. 20psi all the way down. And we took a few degree's of timing out of it so this is NOT the 750whp setup. I'd guess around 700-715 at most. All in all Im very happy what Ive done so far and now its time to work on the 60's. Should easily be able to get it to go a 1.29 and in the 9.0s on this tune up. Time will tell. Oh and Im not sure how accurate the scale was but it said 3110 w/ me in it and half a tank and n2o bottle so that 100lbs less than last year. WOW.

Here is a quick video I slapped together.

First Race 2012-2 - YouTube

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Damn. :bowdown: :rockon:

The 8 months was worth it. :burnout:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing it on more timing and good air, along with more seat time with the current combo.

No plans to change anything right now. Gonna work on the 60s and break it in some more. Find what shift points it likes.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
No plans to change anything right now. Gonna work on the 60s and break it in some more. Find what shift points it likes.

Definitely. Should pick up a few tenths when it's dialed in with the current setup. Looks like you may have put yourself a little closer to the top of the heap in the coming shootout at BG :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Definitely. Should pick up a few tenths when it's dialed in with the current setup. Looks like you may have put yourself a little closer to the top of the heap in the coming shootout at BG :beer:

You never know in heads up. I'm sure there will be some others stepping up.

Users who are viewing this thread