Switching to a Sullivan

dwtjr3

Established Member
I thought about going to a recirc tial valve but I think I like the looks I get from people. When the car goes by you would think the world is ending by the look on some peoples faces, and being a weekend only car I'm not in it enough to really get annoyed by it although moving it behind the bumper cover just before the i/c really cut down on in car noise. You won't regret going to a wastegate set up but I strongly recommend getting at least a 44mm, my 38 works but its just not efficient enough and I too will be making the upgrade in the spring. To put it into perspective I had to run a 9 psi spring just to get it to open enough to stop making boost at 19-20.... Just to small for that kind of cfm

What wastegate do you have? And how did you decide what spring to run?

And did you feel a difference in acceleration when you did it?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That was my plan also until I stumbled upon the lower dirt cheap on cl, then I got lucky again and a member here had the upper just laying around. You'll make good power with a cobra/mach intake as well. Good luck!
We ran a PB .11/193 this past weekend at the Snowbirds! :rockon: Hi to
Mike....

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
What wastegate do you have? And how did you decide what spring to run?

And did you feel a difference in acceleration when you did it?

I am using a tial mvs which is a 38mm. If I still have the car in the spring time I'm going to go with an mvr which is 44 mm. I decided what springs by trial and error. In order for this to work and see gains you need to pulley the blower to spin at max efficient rpm and yes you absolutely feel the power come on sooner than before

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Im really surprised you found the lower intake on Craigslist of all places!!

Yeah me too, had to drive a little because it was in Delaware but it wasn't bad. Guy bought it for some tube chassis project that never got finished, minus the cob webs it was brand new

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Wow that's great you guys are movin!
Thanks the run previous Rob had a quicker 60 and 330 but she broke loose on the top end,would have been a 4.08/09, the .11 came with no cool down:beer: In the finals against Candido Sanchez the slicks were switched out for a new pair and he fricken spun, ggrrr!! should have left the used set on. MT sent him a new compound to try and WELL :nonono: Dido's little boy was So happy about the win and those guys work hard so that eased the wound a bit BUT Damm so close to 3 Big wins in a row!

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Have you figured out what the max boost is that your car could see with your pulley configuration? Just wondering because i looked it up and for me im already spinning my blower just shy of 70,000rpm and making 18psi. That means i can probably only get to around 23psi or so before maxing my blower out. which sucks! figured i could make more boost then that, guess i should have done better research originally.

dwtjr3

Established Member
I am using a tial mvs which is a 38mm. If I still have the car in the spring time I'm going to go with an mvr which is 44 mm. I decided what springs by trial and error. In order for this to work and see gains you need to pulley the blower to spin at max efficient rpm and yes you absolutely feel the power come on sooner than before

Awesome man sounds like I'll do that when I forge and go bigger blower thanks

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Have you figured out what the max boost is that your car could see with your pulley configuration? Just wondering because i looked it up and for me im already spinning my blower just shy of 70,000rpm and making 18psi. That means i can probably only get to around 23psi or so before maxing my blower out. which sucks! figured i could make more boost then that, guess i should have done better research originally.

Right now I'm 1500 rpm shy of max impeller speed,74k, at 6500 rpm and I have seen 27 on the gauge. Now, that was with that shit box 03 cobra lower which is a restrictive pos compared to your intake or mine. Now I'm sure I won't see that much any more, prob 24-25 psi. I bet if drop a couple sizes on your blower pulley and pick up 4k rpm you would also see 25 psi. I know I'm preaching to the choir and you know this already but boost is just a measurement of restriction and produces heat. If your motor flows well enough that you only see 23 psi at 73k rpm your car is going to make more power more efficiently than my motor at 73k rpm and 27 psi.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Right now I'm 1500 rpm shy of max impeller speed,74k, at 6500 rpm and I have seen 27 on the gauge. Now, that was with that shit box 03 cobra lower which is a restrictive pos compared to your intake or mine. Now I'm sure I won't see that much any more, prob 24-25 psi. I bet if drop a couple sizes on your blower pulley and pick up 4k rpm you would also see 25 psi. I know I'm preaching to the choir and you know this already but boost is just a measurement of restriction and produces heat. If your motor flows well enough that you only see 23 psi at 73k rpm your car is going to make more power more efficiently than my motor at 73k rpm and 27 psi.

ya, i understand. I just figured i would see more "restriction" lol. I'll just have to try it i suppose.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
How many miles you have on your f1a and have you needed a rebuild yet? I always wonder how long this thing is going to last

Users who are viewing this thread