Switching to a Sullivan

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Hey vador, when you switched to a/a did you need a retune? For some reason my car is going super lean as soon as it makes boost. Here's the finished product.

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Can't wait to get it on the dyno

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Hey vador, when you switched to a/a did you need a retune? For some reason my car is going super lean as soon as it makes boost. Here's the finished product.

Can't wait to get it on the dyno

car looks sick! When i did my procharger i did the a/a right away so i never had the a/w setup. But, yes you should def. get a retune with it. Should make some sick power now the way you have it setup.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
sorry for getting off topic, but what is your suspension setup? Your car sits perfectly.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Not yet, I can't go wide open with it to open the gate but with the old set up you couldn't really hear it that well anyway. What do you mean brrv?

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Aahhh makes sense now, no I run the 50mm tial q, sounds exactly the same though

o cool. I am switching to the BRRV recirculated and possibly a wastegete setup at some point similiar to your setup. Planning to switch to the BRRV while my shortblock is being rebuilt.

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I thought about going to a recirc tial valve but I think I like the looks I get from people. When the car goes by you would think the world is ending by the look on some peoples faces, and being a weekend only car I'm not in it enough to really get annoyed by it although moving it behind the bumper cover just before the i/c really cut down on in car noise. You won't regret going to a wastegate set up but I strongly recommend getting at least a 44mm, my 38 works but its just not efficient enough and I too will be making the upgrade in the spring. To put it into perspective I had to run a 9 psi spring just to get it to open enough to stop making boost at 19-20.... Just to small for that kind of cfm

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I thought about going to a recirc tial valve but I think I like the looks I get from people. When the car goes by you would think the world is ending by the look on some peoples faces, and being a weekend only car I'm not in it enough to really get annoyed by it although moving it behind the bumper cover just before the i/c really cut down on in car noise. You won't regret going to a wastegate set up but I strongly recommend getting at least a 44mm, my 38 works but its just not efficient enough and I too will be making the upgrade in the spring. To put it into perspective I had to run a 9 psi spring just to get it to open enough to stop making boost at 19-20.... Just to small for that kind of cfm

I only drove this set twice lol before I blew the motor and I got sick of my vortech bv57 in that time lmao! So I am switching it over lol. I'll have to look up the recirc tial one, I didn't they made one in a recirc style. Thanks for the heads up also on the 44mm waste gate.

Edit: just looked the tial one up. Looks like a real nice piece. Def. won't flow as much as a vortech bv57, but the bv57 is overkill in my situation anyway.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Yeah tial makes some nice stuff. What happened to your motor

5 years or so of abuse lol. But really, it detonated and I broke two pistons, also broke dowel pin for tensioner arm on drivers side and cams jumped time. Right now ironhand has my block do a big bore on it with custom arias pistons, and 9.5:1 compression. Then I'll put the heads back on and degree the cams. I plan to have it running in feb. sometime.

Last edited:

z28misfit

Established Member
Nice setup. Another member on here sent me a link to your thread because right now I have a thread up about swapping out my current procharger a/w setup for an a/a fmic and Ill probably end up using an 99/01 cobra intake since sullivans are harder to get ahold of.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
That was my plan also until I stumbled upon the lower dirt cheap on cl, then I got lucky again and a member here had the upper just laying around. You'll make good power with a cobra/mach intake as well. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread