SVTP stock pick thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
Market was initially happy about rising unemployment this am.

Too funny.

The Fed will be cutting rates when the economy is contracting. Not good for earnings and the market.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RUNVS?

Established Member
All of my bonds were in the toilet yesterday. Every one of them! Stocks were mixed, but mostly red.... down $7,138.89 for the week. :mad:

Fat Boss

Established Member
I don't know jack shit about the bond market, so I never invest in them. I had a college professor who had us write down this massive elaborate equation that he claimed would predict interest rates and therefor allow one to make money in the bond market. But, I wasn't smart enough then nor now to understand that equation. I probably still have it somewhere. I do remember it took up about 5 college room chalk boards. He claimed he used it to play the Canadian - US exchange rate. He was a Canadian native.

I grew up in Silicon Valley and have worked there all my life, so I invest in tech stocks.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Eh, it happens.

My big bets this year are, in order:

LRCX
NVDA
FSELX
MSTR
ASML

Medium bets are:

MU
MSFT
TSM
NFLX

Hoping for a repeat. My Fidelity balance is up just over 100% since this date last year.

<tugs straps on 5 point harness>

I was watching or reading something on AI in Jan when it was hot as a pistol and the thing that stood out to me was all the memory AI requires. I said to myself, "self, you should buy some Micron if AI takes that much memory." Well, it's up 43% since then. It's working it's way up to be a big bet from my medium list. IMO there's a LOT of meat left there on the bone.

Memory is a very volatile market, and when it's pops, it can go sky high. Those chips require capital equipment to increase production (see LRCX, ASML, AMAT, KLAC, et al) and you can't just add that overnight.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
TSLA and SNOW swings starting to look better.

TLRY earnings tmr, will trim at close.

VegasMichael

Established Member
DOW just tanked over 300 points in 20 minutes.

AMEX just informed me they are lowering the interest rate on their high yield savings account.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Sold 80% of TSLA position before CPI this morning

172.53--->177.70

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I am up barely, doubt that will hold through the day.
Anyone have insight/thoughts on Intel, considering a purchase in the next day or two

Fat Boss

Established Member

I honestly haven't followed AMD in a couple decades. They've had quite the run, but I understand the markets a little better on the ones I listed. MU is going to rock with the memory demands from AI. TSM makes NVDA chips along with a ton of other's chips. The equipment companies will win no matter who wins the hardware or software wars.

Users who are viewing this thread