SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
MSTR up almost 22% today. I think I finally figured our why it outperforms BTC so much. I think the market is pricing in the ability of MSTR to continue to borrow against existing owned BTC's and buy more, therefor exceeding the simple relationship between what they currently own and the value increases.

VegasMichael

Established Member
MSTR up almost 22% today. I think I finally figured our why it outperforms BTC so much. I think the market is pricing in the ability of MSTR to continue to borrow against existing owned BTC's and buy more, therefor exceeding the simple relationship between what they currently own and the value increases.
There's also a large percentage of its shares being shorted. Somewhere around 20% or so. The short squeeze is likely in effect to a degree as well.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nope. It's challenging enough to choose stocks that go up so I just focus on that.

Well, LOL, so do I, but there can be a divergence in opinions on a stock that I use my risk it for the biscuit money on. I hope I am right, but if the shorts want to pay me to boot, who am I to say no?

MG0h3

Established Member
I was half paying attention then I saw guys popping off sick gains overnight

Well what happened is not surprising.

It’s not uncommon at all for IPOs to pop hot and then give a lot back.

I expected that even more due to Trump being connected to this.

I would be very careful with this one. Both the GOV and media will try and shut this down or bankrupt it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nothing wrong with rolling the dice and wagering small amounts. I got burned too many times and just don't do it anymore.

Knowing when to take the winnings is the very hard part. Got burned on a bank preferred last year because I wanted just a bit more, man was I mad at myself. But, lesson learned and made it back.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Eh, it happens.

My big bets this year are, in order:

LRCX
NVDA
FSELX
MSTR
ASML

Medium bets are:

MU
MSFT
TSM
NFLX

Hoping for a repeat. My Fidelity balance is up just over 100% since this date last year.

<tugs straps on 5 point harness>

Users who are viewing this thread