SVTP stock pick thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
Still think it’s a good long term buy, same as apple, they aren’t going anywhere.

Same. But he’ll not was down 18% just now.

Nearly 30% in 3 weeks.

The lady at the table says it’s her largest holding and then the call started and it went from 12% to 18% down and boy she got quiet lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fat Boss

Established Member
LRCX had decent earnings but Zuck the Schmuck killed tech after the close.

Semiconductor equipment supplier Lam Research (LRCX) late Wednesday handily beat expectations for its fiscal third quarter and guided higher than views for the current period. But LRCX stock wavered in extended trading.

The Fremont, Calif.-based company earned an adjusted $7.79 a share on sales of $3.79 billion in the quarter ended March 31. Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted earnings of $7.30 a share on sales of $3.72 billion. On a year-over-year basis, Lam earnings rose 11% while sales dipped 2%.

Its March-quarter results marked a return to earnings growth for Lam after four straight quarters of declines. However, sales dropped for the fifth consecutive quarter on a year-over-year basis.

For the current quarter, Lam predicted adjusted earnings of $7.50 a share on sales of $3.8 billion. Wall Street was modeling earnings of $7.30 a share on sales of $3.77 billion in the fiscal fourth quarter. In the year-earlier period, Lam earned an adjusted $5.98 a share on sales of $3.21 billion.

LRCX Stock Is In Flat Base​

In after-hours trading on the stock market today, LRCX stock alternated between gains and losses. The stock was last down more than 3% at 851.01. During the regular session Wednesday, LRCX stock dipped 0.3% to close at 884.89.

"With solid revenue and earnings-per-share performance in the March quarter, Lam is off to a strong start in calendar 2024," Chief Executive Tim Archer said in a news release.

He added, "As our customers address the challenges in scaling semiconductors to meet the power and speed requirements for driving AI transformation, Lam is strengthening its leadership and is well-positioned for the significant opportunities ahead."

LRCX stock is in a flat base with a buy point of 1,007.39, according to IBD MarketSurge charts. However, in a negative sign, Lam Research is trading well below its 50-day moving average line.

Last week, industry peer ASML (ASML) posted mixed first-quarter results and offered guidance below views. ASML stock tumbled after its earnings report.

VegasMichael

Established Member
What’s the bets on Microsoft and Google tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Probably like other reports have gone. Beat on the top and bottom line but cautious on the future and the stock goes down. Unlike Tesla which reported bad earnings/revenues but was optimistic about the future and the stock soared. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla merge or be acquired in the future.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I think google took a hit last quarter, I think this is where they break the 160 barrier and continue.

But if it don’t I’ll continue to add. My average is $132

MG0h3

Established Member
Grabbed some Meta today.

Normally wouldn’t based on the chart. Only good thing on the chart is the dip almost entirely filled the gap from Feb.

If this wasn’t a cash printing machine like FB, I wouldn’t have jumped in.

MG0h3

Established Member
Probably like other reports have gone. Beat on the top and bottom line but cautious on the future and the stock goes down. Unlike Tesla which reported bad earnings/revenues but was optimistic about the future and the stock soared. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla merge or be acquired in the future.

Tesla merge?! I don’t know if Elon has that in him.

I think the bounce it got is mainly the cult like following he has.

Amazing that his ideas and hopes are worth so much.

Earnings cratered 50%

VegasMichael

Established Member
Tesla merge?! I don’t know if Elon has that in him.

I think the bounce it got is mainly the cult like following he has.

Amazing that his ideas and hopes are worth so much.

Earnings cratered 50%

If a private equity company buys it they'd likely let him maintain total control. Similar to how Warren Buffett buys a company(not a stock) and lets them do their thing. Someone mentioned that since Apple just abandoned their EV program perhaps they would make a play for Tesla and forge an alliance of some kind with Elon.

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Grabbed some Meta today.

Normally wouldn’t based on the chart. Only good thing on the chart is the dip almost entirely filled the gap from Feb.

If this wasn’t a cash printing machine like FB, I wouldn’t have jumped in.

i figured i had time to buy in on that beat down after earnings, on sale so to speak, didn’t expect it to pop $30 today lol

MG0h3

Established Member
i figured i had time to buy in on that beat down after earnings, on sale so to speak, didn’t expect it to pop $30 today lol

I would’ve bought it lower but ****ing E trade had my account frozen.

****ing cocksuckers. Said they were following GOV regulations and their “know your customer” requirements.

Even the trading team dudes on the phone said ya I don’t know if it’s legal. One guy told me to file a FINRA complaint and another said to demand reimbursement for the money I lost.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I would’ve bought it lower but ****ing E trade had my account frozen.

****ing cocksuckers. Said they were following GOV regulations and their “know your customer” requirements.

Even the trading team dudes on the phone said ya I don’t know if it’s legal. One guy told me to file a FINRA complaint and another said to demand reimbursement for the money I lost.

I'm confused. Why was your account locked/frozen?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Man, another really nice day. It is really hard to discern an actionable pattern with all the political noise. I guess I'm thinking higher for longer and rolling with that. Everyone has help wanted signs out around here. Definitely seeing an influx of Hispanics into our area.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Man, another really nice day. It is really hard to discern an actionable pattern with all the political noise. I guess I'm thinking higher for longer and rolling with that. Everyone has help wanted signs out around here. Definitely seeing an influx of Hispanics into our area.
Way to jinx it!

Users who are viewing this thread