SVTP stock pick thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
Had no idea BITX existed! Adding to list.

Ya not sure I’d want to be short on BTC right here. There’s good support at this level and then there’s this halving nonsense that makes the digital numbers more scarce.

The volatility is high so the options pay well.

Pretty easy to grab 1000 BITO and sell calls .50c -$1 over cost basis for a .75c premium.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya not sure I’d want to be short on BTC right here. There’s good support at this level and then there’s this halving nonsense that makes the digital numbers more scarce.

The volatility is high so the options pay well.

Pretty easy to grab 1000 BITO and sell calls .50c -$1 over cost basis for a .75c premium.

yeah the 8hr MACD has turned up and the 1D will next it looks…caught the meat of the trade and will likely cut in premarket

EDIT: looking just now at the BITI chart, that 1D, 3D and 1W are all buys for me…i may not cut and hold this small position a little longer. likely won’t add any as i don’t like the way BTC looks ready for a run simultaneously

MG0h3

Established Member
yeah the 8hr MACD has turned up and the 1D will next it looks…caught the meat of the trade and will likely cut in premarket

EDIT: looking just now at the BITI chart, that 1D, 3D and 1W are all buys for me…i may not cut and hold this small position a little longer. likely won’t add any as i don’t like the way BTC looks ready for a run simultaneously

Well you called it for this AM!

q6543

Established Member
The balls on this man… how will you know when to get back in?

At todays low.. we’re off 4% plus… the avg 6 months out historical (when 2yr yield crosses 5% from the low side) is 6%

We’re likely to just chop around here into election, possibly fill gaps lower in the meantime… but it’s highly unlikely we get a multi sigma event for much more. And retirements buy on close iirc… so I don’t think you can even catch a wick.

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
The trick to earning money on stocks is “time in” the market, not “timing” the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite
IMG_0695.png

Silver lining is he’s tax advantaged, so that helps tremendously…
I never understood how people can trade and get past the tax hits effectively.

MG0h3

Established Member
I don’t understand you guys’ concern about taxes on profits.

You’d rather lose money than have to pay taxes?

You’re going to pay them sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

poisoned apple

Established Member
I don’t understand you guys’ concern about taxes on profits.

You’d rather lose money than have to pay taxes?

You’re going to pay them sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

You’re not losing if the value goes down. You only lose when you sell at a loss. Theoretically yes selling when it’s high and buying when it’s low will net you more. But timing is hard. And MOST people don’t win the timing game.

MG0h3

Established Member
You’re not losing if the value goes down. You only lose when you sell at a loss. Theoretically yes selling when it’s high and buying when it’s low will net you more. But timing is hard. And MOST people don’t win the timing game.

IMG_2007.JPG

You don’t make any money until you sell either.

I’m protecting what I have at this point. It’s my 401k so tax issues are irrelevant.

Everything about this chart is bearish.

Well the one thing that isn’t is that the 50 is above the 200. If that happens, hold the **** on.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have a separate one that isn't 401 and made a ton, hence the capital gain based on my income. Not complaining as I made a ton in the market, but I am.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1837205

You don’t make any money until you sell either.

I’m protecting what I have at this point. It’s my 401k so tax issues are irrelevant.

Everything about this chart is bearish.

Well the one thing that isn’t is that the 50 is above the 200. If that happens, hold the **** on.

Are those parameters what you use to trade?

I wish i could move my 401k around like that. Acorns account is up almost 50% so it'd basically take a recession to make it worth that hit, and no DRIP during.

Idk, i have more accounts to trade how i want...so hopefully I'm getting a little good out of both schools of thought. I missed some of this latest tech run, but i also will not lose when/if it pops, so i do depend on timing the market and it's been working just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread