Summer hot days and driving

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m with you, I hate this time of year. This is the most brutal summer so far that I can remember in quite some time though

I guess I didn’t even need a thermometer to prove the point.

The 53 overcooked aliens in the semi trailer in San Antonio is proof

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This thread is so ironic. Driving horribly inefficient gas guzzlers that are the cause of global warming, then whining about hot summers.

I drive the Shelby with the windows down no matter how hot it is all the time, unless I’m going somewhere indoors where I don’t want to be a sweaty tropical sack monster before arriving.

Errands, to and from sports/events, I’m good sweating. But on the rare occasions mentioned above, or if I’m driving the wife or kids, I’ll crank the AC or take a different vehicle.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup.

Makes car cruising in Minnesota even shorter. Because I hate driving them when it's in the 90's with with 70%+ humidity.

Makes about 6 months of driving weather down to 3-4 months..

I like having the windows down and hate having to use AC in the cars. And I really hate a sweaty ass and back on the seats! At least the 350 has cooled seats

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I don't like going out in this miserable heat, but we use the Ford Pass app to remote start my wife's Explorer as needed.

1657625484601.png

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's really odd and scary.

Where is it blowing the fuel out of?
It's hard to say because so much has been changed on this car.

From what I can tell, it's either coming out of the cap, or the vent which vents into the gas door. I think it's pooling up inside there and then getting sloshed back into the car along the fill tube (exposed in the trunk) and pooling in the spare tire well.

The amount of pressure that comes out of the tank is insane after a race. I got out at tech, unclicked the cap half a turn and it started hissing. Talked to everyone for a while, drove to my pit, parked, went inside to grab a gatorade and when I came back out it was still hissing.

I plan on re-doing the vent line, replacing the cap and blocking off the exposed portion of the neck. I'm also added more heat shielding to the tank to try to keep that cooler but that probably isn't going to do much. If I can't get it to stop spitting fuel, I'm at least going to make sure it spits it outside of the car.

Also, I think I'm going to refer to it as the exxon valdez.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's hard to say because so much has been changed on this car.

From what I can tell, it's either coming out of the cap, or the vent which vents into the gas door. I think it's pooling up inside there and then getting sloshed back into the car along the fill tube (exposed in the trunk) and pooling in the spare tire well.

The amount of pressure that comes out of the tank is insane after a race. I got out at tech, unclicked the cap half a turn and it started hissing. Talked to everyone for a while, drove to my pit, parked, went inside to grab a gatorade and when I came back out it was still hissing.

I plan on re-doing the vent line, replacing the cap and blocking off the exposed portion of the neck. I'm also added more heat shielding to the tank to try to keep that cooler but that probably isn't going to do much. If I can't get it to stop spitting fuel, I'm at least going to make sure it spits it outside of the car.

Also, I think I'm going to refer to it as the exxon valdez.

Sounds like the vent line could be plugged, kinked, or just plain not venting?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't mind driving mine in warmer weather. For us warmer is 90+. I won't really romp on it though. Even when the temps are in check.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
It does not get too hot where I am at but I am with you. If I need AC I drive my DD.

I know you're up north but down here we need AC for probably 270 days at least if you don't want to get swamp ass.

Back when I had the Shelby I drove it in any weather outside of bad thunderstorms. Black on black, like a sauna on wheels.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Yep. Viper only goes out on those perfect 'Ferris Beuller's Day Off' type days.

Parked in the cold and hot temps.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sounds like the vent line could be plugged, kinked, or just plain not venting?
I know it's not kinked, but I am thinking it's not venting.

Either way, all of it is getting changed. If I have to drill a hole in the cap and run a hose down to the rear bumper like a dirt bike, it's happening lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it's not kinked, but I am thinking it's not venting.

Either way, all of it is getting changed. If I have to drill a hole in the cap and run a hose down to the rear bumper like a dirt bike, it's happening lol.

Would that pass tech though?

MFE

Established Member
Here in SE Texas we have had 100+ degree days for several weeks, and it will probably last until the end of August. The days are sunny and no rain, EVER. I won’t typically drive my cars in the heat like this and basically just park them, much like the northern guys do for winter. None of the cars overheat or have mechanical issues at all, it’s just a weird hang up I have about driving my cars in sweltering heat. I will only drive my work vehicle everywhere and leave all my stuff under covers in the garage. Does anyone else do the same?
Same for me here in PHX. I haven't driven my Mustang since the last track day I did in May, I think. And the Lincoln is gonna stay parked for at least a few weeks too.

Users who are viewing this thread