Summer hot days and driving

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I pulled the entire interior out of my Cobra this past winter and did a ton of heat insulation throughout. The car runs hot as it is but in the summer it felt like my feet were melting.

Insulation worked great and car is much more comfortable to drive in the summer months. Even my wife noticed and she’s a dumb girl.

I still don’t drive it on super hot days because I’d rather be in the pool.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
haha no doubt. Probably down more than that to be honest.
I agree. That's the main reason I hate driving the cobra in that crap. And my AC wasn't really blowing cold air the last time I had it out. Probably needs a recharge, I haven't messed with the AC in the 12 years I've owned it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How would anyone ever know what in-tank pump you are running short of measuring pressure?
It's unlikely in my region anything would ever come from it, we mostly just like close racing. There is only one guy who gets upset when it comes to following the rule book. Almost everyone is cool with anything as long as the major stuff is ok.

But from what I gather, the other regions can be pretty picky, especially at national events. Hearing stories from the other drivers where they made guys pull valve covers in the pit just to inspect valve train even if the car is making under the HP/TQ requirements doesn't make me feel safe lol.

Although, the more I think about it, I've never pulled that pump or even inspected it. I'm not privy on upgraded pumps and if they fit in the stock location but I should probably have a look, it's not super loud but it does seem a tad bit noisier than a stock pump would be.

Users who are viewing this thread