Summer hot days and driving

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s so shitty here, I float the state inspector dudes $20 to pass me for illegal tint on the cobra.

It all started when I took my CJ5 that has no horn, wipers, or backup lights. Dropped $40 to pass that time.

It’s recurring income for those ****ers now. ****ing bean people bleeding me dry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s so shitty here, I float the state inspector dudes $20 to pass me for illegal tint on the cobra.

It all started when I took my CJ5 that has no horn, wipers, or backup lights. Dropped $40 to pass that time.

It’s recurring income for those ****ers now. ****ing bean people bleeding me dry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I’ve seen a lot of tinted windshields lately. I wonder how much cash is paid to inspectors to ignore that shit. Although tinting the windshield is something I’d love to do. My work truck has tint that’s dark AF, and I think a lot about how much more dark and cool it would be if the windscreen wasn’t clear.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve seen a lot of tinted windshields lately. I wonder how much cash is paid to inspectors to ignore that shit. Although tinting the windshield is something I’d love to do. My work truck has tint that’s dark AF, and I think a lot about how much more dark and cool it would be if the windscreen wasn’t clear.

Newer vehicles have some tint in the windshield.

My DD shitbox from 2002 doesn’t.

The tint on my service vehicle is so dark, I ha e to have the side windows down to look for oncoming traffic at night.

Major difference

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

utlong31

Established Member

I’ve got 3 of them that I have to float a $100 bill to get a $7 inspection all because of tint. It does get hot in West Texas and it helps a lot.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Newer vehicles have some tint in the windshield.

My DD shitbox from 2002 doesn’t.

The tint on my service vehicle is so dark, I ha e to have the side windows down to look for oncoming traffic at night.

Major difference

Lol me too. When I work at night I have to roll the windows down when turning and such in places that aren’t well lit.
I’ve got 3 of them that I have to float a $100 bill to get a $7 inspection all because of tint. It does get hot in West Texas and it helps a lot.

$100 is worth it imo

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Here in SE Texas we have had 100+ degree days for several weeks, and it will probably last until the end of August. The days are sunny and no rain, EVER. I won’t typically drive my cars in the heat like this and basically just park them, much like the northern guys do for winter. None of the cars overheat or have mechanical issues at all, it’s just a weird hang up I have about driving my cars in sweltering heat. I will only drive my work vehicle everywhere and leave all my stuff under covers in the garage. Does anyone else do the same?
Same

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the weather was why people move to Tx. & Fla.,......not the case ???
To be fair, when the northern guys have their cars parked for 5 months because of snow and freezing cold and it’s 72 and sunny here, that’s when we get our revenge.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
tumblr_mkeo2u67131s3afqho1_540.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While I don't live in the south, temps up here do average 90-95 in late July through August. Those temps have no bearing on my driving in my GV70. I start my vehicle, open the sun roof to exhaust heat from the interior, turn on the seat air conditioning, turn on the interior A/C, and in very short time it's very comfortable. That's why those options are offered in vehicles. Maybe I'm just spoiled with max average temps "only" nearing 95 degrees.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I get you… As stated, it obviously doesn‘t ”hurt” the cars, but it is not a pleasant experience. When I drive any type of performance vehicle, I never turn on A/C. So if it is too hot, I won’t usually be out cruising… Just chill and do something else. Leave cruising for late at night or even early morning.

Users who are viewing this thread