Stock 03 z06 vs my 03 cobra

S8ER01Z

Established Member
If someone knows the secret on how to become an 'average driver' please let me know because I'm tired of sucking at it.

BStowers023

Established Member
If someone knows the secret on how to become an 'average driver' please let me know because I'm tired of sucking at it.

I hear it all the time too man lol, the guys on my local forum say my car is not impressive because all H/C LS1 cars should trap 127+ (full weight, no nitrous) :rollseyes

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
It'll be close but it probably will be a driver's race. If you hook up and shift like a bat outta hell then you will probably win. Just shut it down before long because up top he might sneak up on ya. Definitely get it on film.
Don't forget to turn your traction control off either. :D

BStowers023

Established Member
It'll be close but it probably will be a driver's race. If you hook up and shift like a bat outta hell then you will probably win. Just shut it down before long because up top he might sneak up on ya. Definitely get it on film.
Don't forget to turn your traction control off either. :D

Have you ran the 2.9 whipple 2010 GT500 from Baton Rouge?

mrlrd1

Established Member
With just those mods you'll probably get beat. You'll need a pulley and/or drag radials (not Nittos) to play with him.

C5Z06s can trap 118 even with average drivers.

[youtube_browser]cudP-qehfeU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
With just those mods you'll probably get beat. You'll need a pulley and/or drag radials (not Nittos) to play with him.

C5Z06s can trap 118 even with average drivers.

[youtube_browser]cudP-qehfeU[/youtube_browser]

Refer to my video before. A pullied cobra will beat a stock c5z pretty easily. A full exhaust c5z vs pullied cobra is a drivers race.

The OP has a good chance at pulling this one out, looking forward to the video.

118mph trap speeds with an average driver :lol: some of you vette guys crack me up.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Can these vette owners please **** off?

AVERAGE C5Z'S DO NOT ****ING TRAP 118 OR 120 MPH.

The Average Joe driving one will most likely trap 112-114 on a good day.

PRO drivers with PERFECT WEATHER trap 116+.

A Pullied Cobra with an equal driver will BEAT a stock C5Z EASILY.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
LOL @ C5 Z's running mid 11's stock.

Average driver will run a high 12. A pullied cobra will have no problems with a stock C5 Z either. Only way to **** that one up is to miss every gear.

smknvette

Established Member
I've had both and he should pull you from a roll. When you do a pulley you will pull him a few cars. If he does longtubes, CIA, and tune y'all will be back to about even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stiffy06

Established Member
Sorry guys we got snowed out. What r the chances huh. Hopefully we can do this next weekend. I'm hoping to have a few cameras and a few runs to settle this. Until then merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

musclefan21

Established Member
Sorry guys we got snowed out. What r the chances huh. Hopefully we can do this next weekend. I'm hoping to have a few cameras and a few runs to settle this. Until then merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

I hope you can drive.

do a second gear roll right at 45mph and shift right at 6k as quickly as you can. 3rd and 4th are the best gears, the car pulls very hard.

magred

Established Member
The fastest times and traps are not the average but good try :)

Oh how little you know. If you are capable of interpreting the information I provided I stated that some times are higher but that the average will be right around 12.0. Then again, maybe you are a lousy driver who can't be considered an average driver. Then based upon the assumption that the average 03 Z06 will hit 12.0-12.2 with a best of 11.78, this means that the average 03 Cobra will hit high 12's with a best of 12.45. If you can comprehend the difference in time then you will see that the variance is relative. The best Z06 is about second faster than the best 03 Cobra.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Oh how little you know. If you are capable of interpreting the information I provided I stated that some times are higher but that the average will be right around 12.0. Then again, maybe you are a lousy driver who can't be considered an average driver. Then based upon the assumption that the average 03 Z06 will hit 12.0-12.2 with a best of 11.78, this means that the average 03 Cobra will hit high 12's with a best of 12.45. If you can comprehend the difference in time then you will see that the variance is relative. The best Z06 is about second faster than the best 03 Cobra.

:lol: you were wrong and are trying to cover it up. Just let it go before you say something else stupid and make yourself look even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread