Stock 03 z06 vs my 03 cobra

Stiffy06

Established Member
I'm due to race this guy this Saturday. This race has been instigated among co-workers ever since i got the car so I've got to atleast give it a shot. Guy claims completely stock. I'm pretty much stock aside from CAI, exhaust, and diablo tune. Any tips/suggestions to help me gain the edge!?

musclefan21

Established Member
You guys will be very close / even.

a pullied cobra puts 4-6 cars on a stock Z.

good luck

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Get some Drag Radials and run him from a dig and that should give you the edge. Pullied will get him for sure, but with your mods I think it's pretty even, so Drag Radials will give you the edge if he's on street tires.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Get some Drag Radials and run him from a dig and that should give you the edge. Pullied will get him for sure, but with your mods I think it's pretty even, so Drag Radials will give you the edge if he's on street tires.

Yeah pullied for sure would get him, here is a pullied bolt on vert vs a stock Z

[youtube_browser]LwFYZSai1WA[/youtube_browser]

One of my favorite vids, he also has another video of his cobra vs a full exhaust z06 and thats basically a drivers race.

Last edited:

magred

Established Member
That's not the time for a Z06, they run 12.5-12.7 at 113+mph depending on the source. This website says 12.6 Link

Wrong. They can get anything higher than that but can get down to as low as 11.783 depending on the driver. Avg would be right around 12.0 with avg speed at 117/118 mph.

SuperRok

Established Member
Wrong. They can get anything higher than that but can get down to as low as 11.783 depending on the driver. Avg would be right around 12.0 with avg speed at 117/118 mph.

Uhhh, no. 12.0 will not be the average for a C5 Z06. I say 12.2-12.5.

2K1 SVT

Established Member

The fastest times and traps are not the average but good try :)

Stiffy06

Established Member

I'm running nt555r's. 17/35/315 out back. Thanks for all the input guys. I was kinda iffy especially considering I'm 500lbs heavier but it seems i have a better shot than i thought.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I'm running nt555r's. 17/35/315 out back. Thanks for all the input guys. I was kinda iffy especially considering I'm 500lbs heavier but it seems i have a better shot than i thought.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Good, your TQ and Drag Radials should pull you ahead enough on the hit, so all you should have to do is maintain your lead. I don't see any chance of him reeling you in. I think he'll be surprised at how much of a difference DRs make compared to street tires.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

What kind of crack are you smoking! :rollseyes

OP, practice your launching and shifting as this should be a close race!!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I went 12.7 @ 113 stock in mine with a 2.05 60'.

Go from a dig and hope he can't drive. From a roll... My money's on the Z06.

Users who are viewing this thread