Stock 03 z06 vs my 03 cobra

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I went 12.7 @ 113 stock in mine with a 2.05 60'.

Go from a dig and hope he can't drive. From a roll... My money's on the Z06.

Really..I would think the opposite as the weight would not be quite an advantage for the Z from a roll.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Oh how little you know. If you are capable of interpreting the information I provided I stated that some times are higher but that the average will be right around 12.0. Then again, maybe you are a lousy driver who can't be considered an average driver. Then based upon the assumption that the average 03 Z06 will hit 12.0-12.2 with a best of 11.78, this means that the average 03 Cobra will hit high 12's with a best of 12.45. If you can comprehend the difference in time then you will see that the variance is relative. The best Z06 is about second faster than the best 03 Cobra.

So the "average" C5Z driver is only about .2 seconds slower than the fastest posted? Sorry not buying that..

This is why I love bench racing...

toomanytoys

Established Member
Oh how little you know. If you are capable of interpreting the information I provided I stated that some times are higher but that the average will be right around 12.0. Then again, maybe you are a lousy driver who can't be considered an average driver. Then based upon the assumption that the average 03 Z06 will hit 12.0-12.2 with a best of 11.78, this means that the average 03 Cobra will hit high 12's with a best of 12.45. If you can comprehend the difference in time then you will see that the variance is relative. The best Z06 is about second faster than the best 03 Cobra.

The best Z06 record is not 1 second faster than a Cobra. Evan Smith test drove a brand new 03 for MM&FF mag at E-town and ran a 11.7 stock.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Can these vette owners please **** off?

AVERAGE C5Z'S DO NOT ****ING TRAP 118 OR 120 MPH.

The Average Joe driving one will most likely trap 112-114 on a good day.

PRO drivers with PERFECT WEATHER trap 116+.

A Pullied Cobra with an equal driver will BEAT a stock C5Z EASILY.

Back in '04 I drove my buddy's '03 Z at SAR, first time ever behind the wheel of a C5Z, but I had some seat time in C5 coupe. I went 12.4 @ 116mph in his Bone Stock all the way down to the paper filter C5Z. My next few passes afterwards were 12.5/12.6 @ 115mph. I'm not a pro driver and I believe the DA at that time was around 800-1100ft, don't remember exactly.

Drag radial and CAI (HallTech TRAP) or Filter removed C5Zs were going 11.7s/11.8s and trapping 117-119mph in regards to the fastest stock C5Z times mentioned above.

The OPs cobra should pull on the Z.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The best Z06 record is not 1 second faster than a Cobra. Evan Smith test drove a brand new 03 for MM&FF mag at E-town and ran a 11.7 stock.

Ran a 12.43

OP if there was ever a time to pulley down now is it, that Predator should have a pulley tune on it.

Last edited:

SuperRok

Established Member

Go post this on Vette forum and see what they have to say about this nonsense. :rollseyes

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

Dude... Stop. Your average driver will run a mid-high 12. Just like how most people with C6 Z's will run mid-high 11's. I bet that person did it at atco, perfect track prep, and perfect driving conditions. The people here who own/drove them at the track are even saying mid-high 12's. Keep dreaming.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I love how people take times from some of the FASTEST tracks in the country, in super negative DA, in the most perfect run/conditions possible as "what the cars out there run". Retards.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Dude... Stop. Your average driver will run a mid-high 12. Just like how most people with C6 Z's will run mid-high 11's. I bet that person did it at atco, perfect track prep, and perfect driving conditions. The people here who own/drove them at the track are even saying mid-high 12's. Keep dreaming.

This. Of course this is SVTP where the 'avg' mustang owner dates a supermodel, is rich and is hung like a horse. Did anyone really expect better?

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Really..I would think the opposite as the weight would not be quite an advantage for the Z from a roll.

Aerodynamics and gearing are still in favor of the Z06 though. They pull VERY hard up top. I think his best bet would be to out launch him and hold him off up top.

phatman

Established Member
I love how people take times from some of the FASTEST tracks in the country, in super negative DA, in the most perfect run/conditions possible as "what the cars out there run". Retards.

Wow, so what should a person do? Drive to Denver, race and then post times? Can't help the hand you are fed. It seems the argument is now going to DA, altitudes, and etc. You guys are making me feel like a pro driver. My old 03 ran 12.20 @117 AT ATCO, and CECIL COUNTY on good years bone stock. Tire pressure was set at 20psi in rear and 40 in front. When I put drs on, I ran 11.8s @117-118 with a 1.7 60. My Z's weight was 3157 without me in. My buddy had a bone stock 04 Term at the time and I consistantly beat him a car car 1/2 until he added a pulley and tune. After his tune and my Drs, we would run very close, with him running a half to full car ahead. If we raced from a roll, I would pull as the numbrs increased. I had four Stangs, so not nut swinging. Just stating my experience.
I really don't get the argument. The 03-04 Zs crank HP is 405, with some dynos reading 370-385 rwhp. Terminators rwhp have seen 400 at the wheels bone stock. Weight alone will play a major role stock for stock. Both drivers being equal, the Z should win. Every car is different from the factory, tune, driver and weather. At Vet events, I have seen many 02-04 Zs running trap speeds 116-118 depending on how much spinning they did and ets. I used to watch Gary who now holds the fastest C6 Z times run 11.8-9s @118 all day bone stock with his C5 Z. They are very quick cars when driven correctly, just like the Cobras.
OP: Since you were snowed out, I would pulley tune and drag tires, then smoke him from a dig.:beer:

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Wow, so what should a person do? Drive to Denver, race and then post times? Can't help the hand you are fed. It seems the argument is now going to DA, altitudes, and etc. You guys are making me feel like a pro driver. My old 03 ran 12.20 @117 AT ATCO, and CECIL COUNTY on good years bone stock. Tire pressure was set at 20psi in rear and 40 in front. When I put drs on, I ran 11.8s @117-118 with a 1.7 60. My Z's weight was 3157 without me in. My buddy had a bone stock 04 Term at the time and I consistantly beat him a car car 1/2 until he added a pulley and tune. After his tune and my Drs, we would run very close, with him running a half to full car ahead. If we raced from a roll, I would pull as the numbrs increased. I had four Stangs, so not nut swinging. Just stating my experience.
I really don't get the argument. The 03-04 Zs crank HP is 405, with some dynos reading 370-385 rwhp. Terminators rwhp have seen 400 at the wheels bone stock. Weight alone will play a major role stock for stock. Both drivers being equal, the Z should win. Every car is different from the factory, tune, driver and weather. At Vet events, I have seen many 02-04 Zs running trap speeds 116-118 depending on how much spinning they did and ets. I used to watch Gary who now holds the fastest C6 Z times run 11.8-9s @118 all day bone stock with his C5 Z. They are very quick cars when driven correctly, just like the Cobras.
OP: Since you were snowed out, I would pulley tune and drag tires, then smoke him from a dig.:beer:

Your missing the point that's being made, they are saying that the times at ATCO and other tracks are far above average. The average times would be those ran at your average run of the mill tracks not at the best ones.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Your missing the point that's being made, they are saying that the times at ATCO and other tracks are far above average. The average times would be those ran at your average run of the mill tracks not at the best ones.

No, if you put me at Atco or Cecil my times are not going to be Record Setting just because of the track. They will remain average becuase I 'unlike most people i guess' acknowledge I'm not that great at driving. These guys can drive, they just happen to get good air more often than some of us and that starts to twist panties for people who decide to live in places with 5000+ DA.

MM&FF/GMHTP (all the same group of guys of I'm not mistaken?) have done numerous articles at tracks in Texas and still had better than average times posted up in less than perfect conditions. Yes some of it is the track (great prep, good air,etc) but a majority of it is the driver.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
With just those mods you'll probably get beat. You'll need a pulley and/or drag radials (not Nittos) to play with him.

C5Z06s can trap 118 even with average drivers.

[youtube_browser]cudP-qehfeU[/youtube_browser]

Cough, where is the video of your 3700lb, 420rwhp, fbody running 10.8s / 1.4 60fts with a 3.73 gear on 18s? :shrug: :)lol:)

420rwhp at 3700lbs and I've gone 10.89 @124 with a 1.49 60' on an 18" DR. 3.73s in a 10 bolt too.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/11299765-post65.html

Every single person on this list is curious.

Chrs1313------ [email protected] (1.386), 02 z28, SS4000, 230/230, 3.23, -400, 3275lbs, 10/08
GrannySShifting [email protected] (1.47), 97 SS, M6, Tex, 4.56, PSI 233/238, -1000+, 3458lbs, 11/08
[email protected] (1.46), 02 Z, TH350, 4900, 4.10, G5X4, +46, 3310, 10/06
Coach02A3Z/[email protected] (1.47), 02 Z, TH350, TK, 5.13, TRex, +2751, 3200, 06/04
[email protected] (1.47), 02 SS, 4L60E, 4400, 4.10, MS3, +290, 3370, 11/07

Those guys running 15 and 16inch slicks with the same power that weigh 400-500lbs less on the fastest list on ls1tech.com want to know the secret. :beer:

I'll ask you every time you post your LS1 propaganda, slips? videos? username on ls1tech?

Last edited:

phatman

Established Member
No, if you put me at Atco or Cecil my times are not going to be Record Setting just because of the track. They will remain average becuase I 'unlike most people i guess' acknowledge I'm not that great at driving. These guys can drive, they just happen to get good air more often than some of us and that starts to twist panties for people who decide to live in places with 5000+ DA.

MM&FF/GMHTP (all the same group of guys of I'm not mistaken?) have done numerous articles at tracks in Texas and still had better than average times posted up in less than perfect conditions. Yes some of it is the track (great prep, good air,etc) but a majority of it is the driver.

Totally agree!! Plus, keep in mind they let their cars sit and ice the intake. If I want the best times, let my car sit for at least an hour with ice on the intake. I also run with the big tire cars for track prep. Atco doesn't allow street cars with street tires to run in the grooves, so sometimes the times associated with Atco are not due to good track prep. And the air is not always the best. At Atco, you cannot go around the water box, which means if you are running street tires, youi have to do a complete burn out, then a dry hop in order to clean your tires. If you don't, you may face the wall shifting to 2nd. Cecil county allows you to avoid the water box, which is best suited for street tires, as well as Englishtown. So, Atco is not always the best option for good running times. Another thing, These magazines have complete control of the track. They can prep the track, warm the track etc. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread